It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live reporting in Ferguson, unrest expected with verdict.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Ben swann is reporting live in Ferguson

Click link for live stream: benswann.com

Apparently gun sales are up 300%

Could get interesting tonight. I'm going to keep the feed on.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

I, for one, will certainly be keeping an eye on this powder keg. Hopefully things don't get too bad.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Any time table for the verdict yet?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
Any time table for the verdict yet?

They have been refusing to give him any time table... he just said he will be back on in a half hour.

It's been great reporting so far, talking about police militarization, policing for profit and history of Ferguson's racial integration.

link   
This is going to put pressure on congress to take a look at what's happening with our local PD.

If it doesn't we need to occupy DC

link   
I thought the verdict was due days ago already? Could have sworn I saw a thread on here about it.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
They need to wait and announce the findings until a snow storm hits Missouri. Bitterly cold weather tends to keep people indoors I think. Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I was listening to the broadcast for a couple of minutes. They were talking about how a simple traffic violation ticket ultimately leads to arrest and other consequences because the finee cannot pay the ticket. Here is a problem that is becoming more and more apparent. These tickets were suppose to fund the municipality. The fines should help pay for police, fire, emt and also community programs. It cost money to run a recplex. Without the funds from traffic tickets, how are municipalities suppose to fund community projects. Realize that even in Chicago the city is facing a huge $50 million shortfall due to the fact that people became smart and learned where the red light cameras are located. The red light cameras were suppose to bring in $90 millions. Now, the cameras are projected to bring in only $ 40 million dollars. How are these communities going to cut public services due to falling revenue. As a society, all Americans are going to have to face up to the fact that community programs are going to have to be cut to balance the community budget. Which programs are people willing to cut?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I heard on the radio news today that it may be another 2 weeks before there is a verdict. Are they expecting a verdict soon?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Had to allow Dr. Baden his face time with the grand jury. No stone was to be left unturned with this grand jury.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills
I heard on the radio news today that it may be another 2 weeks before there is a verdict. Are they expecting a verdict soon?

Apparently there are a lot of different rumors flying around. They are apparently expecting a verdict tonight or he wouldn't have gone live...

Maybe they know something we don't.

Edit to add, maybe they got their 48 hour notice: cnn link
edit on 13-11-2014 by pianopraze because: added info

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

What on earth did the cop do wrong?

Who knows how many future rapes /murders he stopped by pulling the trigger.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: feldercarb
I was listening to the broadcast for a couple of minutes. They were talking about how a simple traffic violation ticket ultimately leads to arrest and other consequences because the finee cannot pay the ticket. Here is a problem that is becoming more and more apparent. These tickets were suppose to fund the municipality. The fines should help pay for police, fire, emt and also community programs. It cost money to run a recplex. Without the funds from traffic tickets, how are municipalities suppose to fund community projects. Realize that even in Chicago the city is facing a huge $50 million shortfall due to the fact that people became smart and learned where the red light cameras are located. The red light cameras were suppose to bring in $90 millions. Now, the cameras are projected to bring in only $ 40 million dollars. How are these communities going to cut public services due to falling revenue. As a society, all Americans are going to have to face up to the fact that community programs are going to have to be cut to balance the community budget. Which programs are people willing to cut?

Why do cuts always have to effect the average person? Most municipalities are in trouble financially because of the bank bailouts and the hustlers on Wall Street gambling away pension funds in the first place!

NO! People are already cutting by not being able to afford food and utility bills! It is time for elected officials EVERYWHERE to be held accountable for kissing the teats of the corrupt banking system!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

I would feel the same way if the criminal was white,btw.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
They are going to riot no matter what the verdict ends up being.
Will it be a protest riot with looting of liquer and hair extensions?
Or will it be a celebration riot with said looting?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Thanks OP for the live link. Hopefully they do reach a verdict, although it could be very bad if the cop is found innocent. It almost seems to me that this event was used to stage an event of riots. Its been used politically and has drawn a lot of media coverage.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills
Thanks OP for the live link. Hopefully they do reach a verdict, although it could be very bad if the cop is found innocent. It almost seems to me that this event was used to stage an event of riots. Its been used politically and has drawn a lot of media coverage.

It's brought a lot of needed coverage of the militarization of police.

This is a trend that needs to be stopped and reversed.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I don't necessarily disagree with you about the bankers and wall street etc.. But our society still needs to figure out how to get our society to not be running a deficit everywhere. These fines were meant to pay for community services. Where are communities going to get the money if they do not lower services. (Note, Hazelwood which is a municipality next to Ferguson has said that they would stop having a free Metro bus service where disabled and elderly could use to get to appointments an other locations.) Raising taxes is not going to work if no one is making much money to begin with. There has to be a way to balance all of the budgets.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

So just kill people that commit theft cause they may do something worse later on in life?

What if he went on to do none of those things but turned his life around?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
How much more evidence do these fools need? Michael Brown was at fault and suffered the consequences. Autopsy report revealed he was shot once in the thumb at close range and then was also shot in the chest, not thru the back, as many witnesses have proclaimed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join