It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin police deploy armored vehicle over dog poop dispute, SWAT team executes dog

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So hows that 2nd amendment to protect you from tyranny working out for you in the states?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok'
Seems to me that whenever there's a call to a home, they must check to see if there are registered weapons in the home and if the person is former/active military or law enforcement. If so, they sort of overreact. My impression only from what I've experienced first hand. Understatement.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Lol. That's why it's funny when you hear people defend the 2nd amendment. They aren't organizing militias or defending against tyranny. They just wanna have their toys, be able to threaten and scare people, or boost their ego. Guns are just like a muscle car now.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: roadgravel
What a waste of tax dollars. A swat team to kill a dog. That's on top of the insanity.

jesus...can't you people take 2 more minutes and read the article????......they didn't send a swat team to kill a dog

The people escalated it into that BS that happened. Stupid people. The swat was over kill anyway.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

What's funny is the tough talkers on ATS that go on about how the police won't shoot there dog as they will have to shoot them forest bla bla bla

Bet they will:
1) piss there pants and cower in fear if police came knocking
2)try to act brave and die In a hail of bullets and end up as a ATS thread the selfs

Grow a pair and grow some brains and form those militias that amendment talks about!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It's not that the second amendment isn't important it's just that America is in that awkward stage where it's too late to fix the system and to early to start hanging the bastards. You guys bringing that up are free to give up yours now of course
I'm glad outrages like this by the police get as much attention as they do. People love their pooches across all political spectrums and ideologies.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It seems like cops use their guns just for the thrill of it. Let's kill the dog who cares? A$$HOLES!!! Like to see this video go viral and see how these cops explain away the reason why they had to shoot the dog.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

Why the hell did they have to shoot the dog????

They really didn't... They didn't have to deploy more than a single squad car , with one officer, either - to resolve a non-violent domestic dispute over a dog %snip%.

I've seen too much of this, so I would only be reiterating rage and raw emotion at this point - logic cannot be disputed here, and isn't even worth bringing up.

Sad stuff... Don't give em a reason guys.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
Like to see this video go viral and see how these cops explain away the reason why they had to shoot the dog.

Both points.

OP - Almost forgot

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Killing an animal should carry the same sentence as shooting a human.

Heathens!

a reply to: alienjuggalo

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Folks-
Its not about the poor dog-the dog is the metaphor.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Well, the man did threaten a dog with a bow and arrow and a man with a machete. Who knows what other weapons he might have had? The police were right to proceed carefully, this person was unstable in the extreme.

Terrible shame about the dog though. My guess is someone got startled.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalJedi805

It became a violent dispute when the man got a machete. That is not how a sane person handles these things.

I'm sad for the dog, but glad this lunatic is off the streets.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This stuff is only going to end when the folks from the community come together with arms and stop that crap. That's a perfect example of why we have the 2nd amendment. Those aren't cops. They're terrorists.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: alienjuggalo

The police no longer protect and serve. Maybe they should not be allowed to carry weapons anymore.

Correct. It actually never has been "protect and serve". For some it has...in the 'good ol' days' (whatever they were), but now, for all pigs their motto is "Obey and Survive".

The shooter should be charged with cruelty to animals as well as losing his job and pension. Also being banned from ever owning a gun ever again. Mind you, its not like gun laws keep guns out of criminal hands....

This is likely one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen. Definitely makes me not want to live on this planet anymore.

F#@% the police!
edit on rdppmMon, 03 Nov 2014 17:18:13 -0600k1411America/Chicago0318 by Sparkymedic because: typo

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

The cops were called out for a legitimate reason. Threatening neighbors with a bow and machete is way not cool.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
WTF!!! I would be shooting those cops in the face if they shot my dog like that. These cops need to be fired. People need to start demanding it or it wont happen. The deal in Ferguson is not cut and dry, this is! There is no excuse to shoot anything in a residential area unless someones life is at risk.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sdubya

That dog wasn't wielding a bow and machete.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: tavi45

What's funny is the tough talkers on ATS that go on about how the police won't shoot there dog as they will have to shoot them forest bla bla bla

Bet they will:
1) piss there pants and cower in fear if police came knocking
2)try to act brave and die In a hail of bullets and end up as a ATS thread the selfs

Grow a pair and grow some brains and form those militias that amendment talks about!

I'm not so sure about this. I think individual people are reacting violently, but the general public will NEVER be made aware, for fear of copy-cats.

Do you really believe the TV networks and official new agencies would report an increase in violent civilian backlash against LEO's, whom were found not guilty of criminal acts committed against those retaliating? I personally believe there are MANY instances where civilians have sought out and gotten street justice, HOWEVER, there is NO WAY there is going to be any official news coverage on such an event.

For example is it EVER going to be explained officially why Eric Frein did what he did? What about Christopher Dorner?

Like I said earlier, as counter-intuitive as it seems, widespread insurance coverage could save all of us from future police brutality, in the form of Key-Man or Key-Executive insurance and Animal Mortality Insurance policies. Just imagine the bureaucratic chaos that would ensue, if a small town, low budget police force, shot and killed someone with a $1 million dollar Key-Man insurance policy. Although $1 million seems low, remember that's just the minimum of what the insurance company will ask the department for, during the subrogation process. It doesn't include the later legal fees and civil rights lawsuit damages. Such a scenario would bankrupt most local governments in the country. Only a couple wold need to experience such a scenario, to become the catalyst that would quickly change the policies for the rest.
edit on 3-11-2014 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
WOW, just imagine if Fireman were like Police officers....

"sorry we have to wait til the fires is out to put out the fire, Our safety comes first ya know........."

(if you feel your Job puts your life in too much danger or risk just maybe that is not the Job for you. If you are a Police officer and put your safety ABOVE MINE, the Tax payer, you surely do not need to be a "Cop".)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join