It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin police deploy armored vehicle over dog poop dispute, SWAT team executes dog

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

As my brother once said, "Cops Are Not Your Friend".

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Excellent point. We always hear how things like this happen because of poor training. And that poor training is the result of lack of funding. And yet more and more departments have armored vehicles and a full tactical unit with all the bells and whistles.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: anton74

originally posted by: roadgravel
Sounds as though the police actually escalated the situation by using a swat team.

The SWAT team was there because the man threatened to kill the cops.

FYI folks, the dog was let out in the hopes that it would attack the police.

Do you have proof this dog was let out for this reason...........Posters like you really bother me you arrogantly put your personal feelings forward as fact. You have no idea why this dog was let out you are assuming.......RIGHT yep that's what I thought.........FYI.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I have never seen anything so ridiculous in all my life. Well, ok, I have, but really????????? This is NOT America! I can't help but to keep repeating myself by saying this is NOT the America I grew up in!! It is like we have brainless people in positions of power where they have no business being. Kind of scary isn't it? A world where nonsense and insanity is the norm?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: roadgravel
What a waste of tax dollars. A swat team to kill a dog. That's on top of the insanity.

jesus...can't you people take 2 more minutes and read the article????......they didn't send a swat team to kill a dog

yeah.......hey remember that one time in history when it didnt take a full SWAT team to deal with an idiot with an ego who pops off about taking the cops out too......

use to they would just have a few officers go out there and talk to the guy and see if he was just a goon or not.....

Whether it was for a dog or for some idiot shooting off his mouth..........There was no need for it

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: anton74
Really you want to say the pup was let lose to attack the cops?!
please tell me I missed the sarcasm in your post

The man told the cops he was going to send it out to attack them and from the reports here in WI, they recorded him when he said it. Apparently this guy has a long history with police and the incident started before the dog took a poop on the lawn.

I think that is all irrelevant since the dog WAS RUNNING THE OTHER WAY.

link   
Well, I certainly feel safer now that that defecting puff ball menace has been eliminated.

Yay for public safety and order. I feel very served and protected.
edit on 3-11-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: jimmyx

No they sent them because of the man involved.

Despite the circumstances I still think a SWAT team was a little over the top. The guy was supposedly a problem for a while. Just shows the police need to be more responsible as do the citizens. Sometimes people are dangerous but that little dog could've been put into a crate or even put into a car for a few minutes until they figure out where to put it (and not put it down).

link   

originally posted by: khnum

Your nation is turning into a diseased moribund fascist police state that caters only to the 0.1 percentile and yet on every one of these threads theres someone like you explaining why insane actions are in fact reasonable and logical.

The cops showed up to his house after the incident. He then threatened to KILL them and after that is when the SWAT team showed up. What part of that don't you understand? There is more to this than what is given in the OP's link. Shooting the dog wasn't o.k., I'm just trying to explain to people how it got up to the point just before the dog was shot.

EDIT, I forgot to add the N'T after "WAS" in the shoot the dog part. Hope nobody noticed
edit on 3-11-2014 by anton74 because: (no reason given)

link   

And when it didn't get anywhere close to them and turned around it needed to be shot?
We get it cops don't like to be scared and will eliminate anything that slightly scares them.
Nm just needed to read more of the op

edit on rdMon, 03 Nov 2014 13:49:48 -0600America/Chicago1120144880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Do you have proof this dog was let out for this reason...........Posters like you really bother me you arrogantly put your personal feelings forward as fact. You have no idea why this dog was let out you are assuming.......RIGHT yep that's what I thought.........FYI.

Perhaps they believe the police chief.

“During this standoff, the dog owner threatened to use a body armor piercing crossbow to kill officers, and this subject threatened to use his dog as a weapon against officers as well. After several hours of dialogue with crisis negotiators, the barricaded subject ultimately made good on his threat to introduce the dog into the active standoff.”

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

Really you want to say the pup was let lose to attack the cops?!
please tell me I missed the sarcasm in your post

The man told the cops he was going to send it out to attack them and from the reports here in WI, they recorded him when he said it. Apparently this guy has a long history with police and the incident started before the dog took a poop on the lawn.

I think that is all irrelevant since the dog WAS RUNNING THE OTHER WAY.

So its o.k. to send you dog out to the cops after you tell them you going to have it attack them. Maybe we should put some blame on the guy who let it out.

link   
Unfortunate.

link   

a reply to: SubTruth

As a side note to that not much ebola news leading up to your elections.

Misunderstanding over context.
edit on 3-11-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It all seems like a South Park show, truly the work of fiction now becoming reality. Hang your head in shame America

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Your nation is turning into a diseased moribund fascist police state that caters only to the 0.1 percentile and yet on every one of these threads theres someone like you explaining why insane actions are in fact reasonable and logical.

Already made my point in the above post.
edit on 3-11-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

And when it didn't get anywhere close to them and turned around it needed to be shot?
We get it cops don't like to be scared and will eliminate anything that slightly scares them.
And would you be able to source any of the info you have?

Here is one.

Link

I'm actually kinda surprised they let it get more than 5 feet from the door.
edit on 3-11-2014 by anton74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

I'm ashamed everyday over this country and planet. But there was more to this than was considered by most. I still think SWAT was over the top and killing the dog was unjustified. However, the man involved in the dispute is the ultimate cause of this incident.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I was commenting on the news being controlled,which you also commented on

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

So its o.k. to send you dog out to the cops after you tell them you going to have it attack them. Maybe we should put some blame on the guy who let it out.

No, let's not put the blame on the guy who sent his ankle biter outside. I would expect police officers to have the ability to assess a situation before acting. And if they legitimately thought that this dog posed a threat then they should no longer be a police officer. If the guy threatened to send a child out to kick them in the shins and then police see a child I wouldn't expect any of them to actually shoot the child.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join