It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haaretz Refuses to Back Down in Storm Cartoon Over Depicting Netanyahu as 9/11 Hijacker

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Left-leaning Israeli daily Haaretz has refused to apologise for publishing a cartoon depicting Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu as a 9/11 hijacker, in a satire attacking the prime minister for damaging US/Israeli relations.

Haaretz Refuses to Back Down in Storm Cartoon Over Depicting Netanyahu as 9/11 Hijacker

In my opinion the cartoonist should not apologize to Netanyahu or whoever felt insulted by the cartoon.

Yes, it will probably feed the conspiracy that says Israel is behind the 9/11 attack of the WTC, but free speech is way more important than whatever the public really believes.

"Amos Biderman's editorial cartoon was a reaction to the current state of mistrust between Prime Minister Netanyahu and the Obama administration," he writes. He said that the picture was a reaction to recent Israeli settlements in the West Bank and east Jerusalem, and worsening US/Israeli relations, and writes "Biderman sought to warn against what he views as a grave threat to Israel, if its leadership continues to escalate its diplomatic confrontation with the United States."

edit on 1-11-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

Best political cartoon I've seen ever. Props to Biderman.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Well if Hilary or Jeb get the White House and one of them will as per the plan,don't worry Israel,it will be back to normal business in no time.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This cartoon expresses what a great deal of evidence strongly suggests: Isareli Mosad was behind the attack on the World Trade Center.

It's so funny how a simple gesture from one person and can raise the focus on a subject to a fever pitch.

Great post!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I am starting to like Haaretz. Been reading some stories from them lately. Some of the articles are quite.... myth shattering. I may just make that site my new home page, and "observe" it.. daily.

*smile*
edit on 1-11-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yes America, defend the Holy land and Gods Chosenites.

The killing continues, in Gaza, the West Bank and every country in that hemisphere.

What is is it with those people. Haven't we had enough of killing for their "safety"?

The other day they shut down the Dome of the RocK, one of the holiest places in all Islam.

They want to start WWIII.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Amazing how such a simple innocent pastel shaded cartoon could cause so much angst. A guilty conscience perhaps?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I laughed, not at the image naturally but at the implication of a butt-hurt Netanyahu sitting in an office somewhere shouting orders at his goons to bring the image down.

Freedom of speech is exactly that, freedom. Netanyaboohoo and everyone else who is offended, suck it up.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yep WW3 is coming. The pope called it in like March. Russia just basically begged America to be reasonable and not start WW3.

America could have been plot down in history books as the nation which built a global utopia. Instead it's looking like there won't be history books since we will destroy the world.

America is like that child who cheats over and over at a boardgame. When they still can't win even with the cheating they will throw the board across the room. Except in the metaphor the board is earth and the pieces are human beings.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Great!

Now he should do a REALLY controversial one... say the same picture with the prophet muhammad

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

edit on 1-11-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

In my opinion the cartoonist should not apologize to Netanyahu or whoever felt insulted by the cartoon.

originally posted by: Auricom
Freedom of speech is exactly that, freedom. Netanyaboohoo and everyone else who is offended, suck it up.

Soooo..... I assume you're cool with this image too, right?

At least the cartoonist doesn't have to worry about some wild Jew jumping out of the bushes and hacking his head off in response.
edit on 1-11-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

originally posted by: samsamm9

originally posted by: Auricom

Soooo..... I assume you're cool with this image too, right?

At least the cartoonist doesn't have to worry about some wild Jew jumping out of the bushes and hacking his head off in response.

You never know. From what I've read, including videos, he is quite the prideful person. I'm sure he's killed for less.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I thought they shut down Al-Aqsa mosque? Not the Dome of the Rock...

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: EaglesFan

I thought they shut down Al-Aqsa mosque? Not the Dome of the Rock…

I wasn't there either, But heres an article that states they closed access to the "Temple Mount" referring to the whole site.

Does it really matter? What if cops closed your local church? Who does that?

I know who else used to do that. Communist and Nazi states.

CNN
edit on 2-11-2014 by intrptr because: forgot link

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

What Israel wants is clear an War agaisnt Iran thats why some cartoonists are upset that they arent getting what they want.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
How does this feed the conspiracy that Israel is behind 911? What does the cartoon try to tell, he couldnt have done more to damage us israeli relations if he slammed a plane in the WTC?

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

What Israel wants is clear an War agaisnt Iran thats why some cartoonists are upset that they arent getting what they want.

Israel is pretty well taken care of by the US of course that means Israel must play ball, the playing ball part is the part many Israelis dislike.
edit on 2-11-2014 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

Lol

Well no I don't agree with that image or your blatant attempt at provocation BUT for freedom of speech sake, you're allowed to be vulgar and provocative as much as it pleases you.

Besides wanting to be offensive, I don't see why you'd post that image on a thread about an Israeli cartoonist criticizing his Israeli Prime minister with a satire image.

But hey, Just like Voltaire would say.....

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am going to make statement, quite a lot of you i know will disagree with me on it but I think it needs to be said, so hear it is:

Some people use 9/11 conspiracies not to explore the truth but rather, to express their suppressed Anti-Semitic views (note I did not say Anti-Zionist).

Now before you all go and flame me hear me out; I am not saying that everyone who says Mossad was behind 9/11 is Anti-Semitic necessarily however I would say that the architects of these theories are most definitely Anti-Semitic. I am talking about the people who spread these rumours that no Jews died in the attacks, the "Dancing Israelis" or try to promote the idea there was some grand Zionist agenda behind the attacks. They do this because we now (thankfully) live in a society that does not accept racist views such as Anti-Zionism (Under UK law, being prejudice against a religion is still regarded as "Resist") and seek out other means to express their anti-Semitic views in what they perceive to be a more socially appreciated medium..... via conspiracies.

As such rather than make publicly anti-Semitic remark, they try to say it was the "Zionists", they disguise their racist hate of the Jewish community in some elaborate conspiracy because if they can say "Israel was behind 9/11" they can then socially justify their hate of the Jewish population and the state of Israel.

Quite often they can make some convincing arguments and that is why some people who do not normally harbour anti-Semitic views may come round to their thinking. So it might be worth remembering if you are reading this and you believe Israel was behind 9/11 that I am not calling you anti-Semitic, rather just the group of individuals who started perpetuating these rumours.

These same line of thought can apply to other religions such as the conspiracies regarding a Islamic take over of the United Kingdom.

As such I believe the creator of the cartoon is wrong because this feeds into and creates publicity for what is essentially a anti-Semitic view that "9/11 was the Jews".

People who are serious about 9/11 truth on either side of the debate of OS vs False flag can agree that it was most likely not a Israeli plot, any notion that it was is only a distraction from the truth. Furthermore it is also a distraction to the very real humanitarian crimes that the state of Israel has been committing in the Palestinian territories.
edit on 2-11-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Nice distraction yourself, but in no way is it obvious to anyone that Israel would not have involvement on some levels with this incident.

It is FAR more likely that agencies sympathetic to the plans of ZIONISTS, would hatch a plot such as this, and we all know it.

Your use of Anti-Semetic is beyond boring, and believe me, they do not need your help in defending themselves, they have brutally suppressed everyone all on their own.

This cartoon does not distract from anything, it only shows that people in ISRAEL are very aware that they are pawns in a game as well, and that things are looking bad from ANY viewpoint.

Things are playing along well, we should look deeper into ALL involvement in this, and seriously laugh hard at all the "blame the Arabs" which comes from all the ones who claim Jews could not , be a part of this or any other plot.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join