It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Sorry for posting this thread tonight, Please forvive me :-)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Just let me say I am not I REPEAT Not trying to stir the pot.... with that said I found this article that is a year and a half old thereabouts and
I found it interesting.

Some of the stats are shocking whilst many other stats are Ho Hum kind boring but I found it interesting for the most part.

Linky Poo for your enjoyment below.
www.macleans.ca...
On a side note I used to subscribe to this Magazine and I cancelled it due to them pissing me off with nonsense articles.:-)

Canada has earned a poor reputation when it comes to fighting climate change, but if you believe the globe is about to undergo a catastrophic shift in weather patterns, Canada is the best place to ride it out. UCLA geographer Laurence Smith has argued that by 2050 warming will unlock vast new resources and transform Canada into an economic superpower.

. Saying “Sorry” is good for you: Canadians are mocked for always apologizing, but it’s not a character flaw. Saying sorry has been found to boost happiness and strengthen relationships. Researchers at the University of Waterloo even found apologizing to a cop when pulled over for speeding can get fines reduced an average of $51. True, scientists did recently claim that refusing to apologize for your actions leads to a sense of empowerment, but such short-sighted thinking would only appeal to self-centred Americans. (Sorry, that was mean.)

We brave the cold better: Our climate is colder and our population smaller, but relatively fewer of us succumb to the cold. Where Canada has 5,644 excess winter deaths (relative to average non-winter deaths), the U.S. sees 108,500.

I hope you all enjoy reading the link and I am looking forward to the comments be them positive or negative.
Regards, Iwinder
Please keep in mind this is in chit chat so let her rip just don't rip me or other posters lets keep it easy on the digs folks!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

As an American, let me be the first to say, "you're welcome!" for the music, the movies, etc etc. Now can you please take Bieber back. Thanks!
edit on 2014-10-31 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

As an American, let me be the first to say, "you're welcome!" for the music, the movies, etc etc. Now can you please take Bieber back. Thanks!

Not on your life! You know as well as I do thats its just a matter of time before MR Bieber becomes the USA'S
embarrassment and not ours.

Link to enjoy have fun with that idiot:-)
www.torontosun.com...

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I read a fantastic book on this a few years back.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

I read a fantastic book on this a few years back.

www.amazon.com...

Thanks for that link Tavi45
I read the reviews but I can't really get a grip on the whole presentation of what the book is about.

I am really Sorry for not being the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Please forgive me.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Just theorizing about how the world with shift north due to climate change and other less controversial reasons.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Just theorizing about how the world with shift north due to climate change and other less controversial reasons.

Ok so Sorry I didn't grasp that, indeed it's an interesting idea and has lots of merit.
Thanks again for the link and adding to this thread.

I hope you accept my apologize in Earnest.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I was born and raised in Florida. I am a true "Florida Cracker".

I visited Canada about two years ago and felt right at home.

As a true Floridian I was raised to be friendly, respectful, and courteous.

I found all these attributes in every Canadian I meet.

Plus Canada was cleaner than any US big city I've been to.

If things warm up there a bit I'd consider moving

Even though Toronto was having a heat wave then.

95 degrees in June.

Just like Florida!!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: grubblesnert

I was born and raised in Florida. I am a true "Florida Cracker".

I visited Canada about two years ago and felt right at home.

As a true Floridian I was raised to be friendly, respectful, and courteous.

I found all these attributes in every Canadian I meet.

Plus Canada was cleaner than any US big city I've been to.

If things warm up there a bit I'd consider moving

Even though Toronto was having a heat wave then.

95 degrees in June.

Just like Florida!!

Thanks for adding to this thread, I am so Sorry that it was so hot during your stay in Toronto.
Could be that Rob Ford was near by and passing a lot of gas (He is a pro at this)
Please accept my sincere apologies for your discomfort.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

now true to my southern roots I must say, with all due respect, although I find your response timely and humorous. I feel you may have gone a tad heavy on the apologistic aspect.

just kiddin, with ya

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

edit on 31-10-2014 by Iwinder because: screwy post

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: grubblesnert

now true to my southern roots I must say, with all due respect, although I find your response timely and humorous. I feel you may have gone a tad heavy on the apologistic aspect.

just kiddin, with ya

Snicker
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

We brave the cold better: Our climate is colder and our population smaller, but relatively fewer of us succumb to the cold. Where Canada has 5,644 excess winter deaths (relative to average non-winter deaths), the U.S. sees 108,500.

Not only the cold due to hypothermia but lots of people wander into deserts and die, too. And mountains, forests, traffic, wrong side of tracks, etc, etc.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I'm sorry that you aren't willing to embrace the Bieb as your own, and apologize for the embarrassment he has brought to Canada as a whole. Regretfully, Germany too gave him back to us but decided to keep his monkey, go figure.

Iwinder, didn't mean to derail your thread. Forgive me.

Namaste.
YogaGinns

ETA: I am Iwinder's wife
edit on 1-11-2014 by YogaGinns because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2014 by YogaGinns because: spelling

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: YogaGinns

I'm sorry that you aren't willing to embrace the Beib as your own, and apologize for the embarrassment he has brought to Canada as a whole. Regretfully, Germany too gave him back to us but decided to keep his monkey, go figure.

Iwinder, didn't mean to derail your thread. Forgive me.

Namaste.
YogaGinns

ETA: I am Iwinder's wife

I must apologize for the above post......It's almost unbecoming of my wife to do so:-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Unwilling to let it go at this.

So sorry for the shameless bump. (apologies given)

Namaste,
YogaGinns

new topics

top topics

join