It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Virgin Galactic's Spaceship Two Crashes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

A "serious anomaly" resulted in the "loss" of SpaceShipTwo during a test flight Friday, and the status of the pilots isn't known, Virgin Galactic said on Twitter.

"We will work closely with relevant authorities to determine the cause of this accident," the company said on Twitter.

BREAKING: VIRGIN GALACTIC's SPACESHIP TWO CRASHES

Second Space related accident within the past week. Simple coincidence and totally unrelated? or is there more to this?

edit on 1-11-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Removed ALL-CAPS from title. MOD NOTE: The Use of ALL CAPS In Thread Titles

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Oh nooo, not more anomalies…

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Light soul

Maybe we should stop poking holes in our atmosphere.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Someone got some explaining to do as to why the star beings are grounding us...
No more space playing for us.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
From the Associated Press on Twitter:

BREAKING: Witness reports SpaceShipTwo exploded in flight after ignition of rocket, crashed in desert.

BREAKING: California Highway Patrol reports 1 fatality, 1 major injury after SpaceShipTwo accident.

Definitely bad news. And it does raise questions whether it is a coincidence or not, that was the first thing I wondered too.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
discussed here also as it all Broke

ATS LINK

i tried to put it here but no Submit button , Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

as breaking news is the most popular forum i expect my thread will be dead and buried soon

Q

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Simple coincidence and totally unrelated? or is there more to this?

Totally unrelated.
They're creating new technology which is why these test flights are important and as with any new tech accidents will happen , it's a setback but better it happen now than with a crew and passengers.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
NASA should get back into the game.

Interesting how the announcer on the vid is quite calm. "We've just had an anomaly", she explains, like she's taking drink orders on an overseas flight.

Bad news, and that it resulted in one death (so far) makes this an early space-age tragedy (from the perspective of history a couple of hundred years downstream).

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yes it's confirmed one person dead now on the OP's link.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

J. Glenn was just on CNN screaming about some engine conspiracy type issue of how this would never have made it space to begin with.

I'll busy now but I'll try to see what's up later.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

They're creating new technology which is why these test flights are important and as with any new tech accidents will happen ,

Another possibility, they made the space race competitive and these private companies may cut corners to be the first to garner lucrative contracts?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
No, sorry, not aliens...try plastic fuel a la c4, I think we found the culprit. LOL

NBC News

During the nine months since the previous rocket-powered test in January, Virgin Galactic switched SpaceShipTwo's fuel mixture from a rubber-based compound to a plastic-based mix — in hopes that the new formulation would boost the hybrid rocket engine's performance.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I was thinking sabotage. That's the first thing probably going through his mind.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
1 Dead, 1 injured, I don't know how, I will speculate by falling debris. amazing, what a way to go, have a spaceship fall out of the sky on your freekin head.

BBC -

Kern County Sheriff's spokesman told the Reuters news agency the craft's co-pilot was killed, while the pilot ejected and was seriously injured.

edit on 31-10-2014 by nrd101 because: found what I was looking for on BBC

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Two in as many days?

I don't think outer space wants us there.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Tragic accident. My condolences.
Though Sir Richard has never responded to my e mails in the past.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

This is horrid to see.
Massive Respect and Prayers to the family of the Pilots.
They risked their lives to let our grandchildren and further generations reach for the stars.

We must not let them down.
In the honour of these people we must continue the quest.

A sad day in the history of space exploration,again.
We go forward with the memories of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in our hearts.
This is what they would want.

edit on 31/10/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: a

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Oh god, Ed Dames was already going nuts about the sun spot recently, here he will go again......

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

ahhhhh that's right 'o. Forgot about that.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
They called it a spaceship and said that it crashed in the desert .... you see it does happen...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join