It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how is scottish rite and york rite concitered masonry?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
i thought a mason was some one that builds stuff from brick

how the hell is a scottish rite member a mason?

all they do is adopt symbols from ancient cilvilizations

how the hell is that masonry

and what the hell does the knights templars have to do with masons

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
All of that is explained in considerable depth in the historical documentary National Treasure released by the firm of Disney Entertainment for your edification.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by the sword of esus

all they do is adopt symbols from ancient cilvilizations

how the hell is that masonry

and what the hell does the knights templars have to do with masons

Too bad you obviously don't know how to use Google (or some other search-engine) because otherwise you'd know the answers to these rudely written questions.

I'm a Scottish Rite member and I'm a Mason. That's what Scottish Rite Masons are...MASONS. As hard as it may be for you to conceive, York Rite Masons are Masons too! WOW!

If you find THAT fascinating, guess what! I'm a York Rite Mason as well. A Knight Templar in fact. (Not all York Rite Masons ARE Knights Templar, FYI).

These really aren't difficult answers to find though, at least not for reasonably intelligent people. . . a bit of effort on your part without vulgarity and ignorance will explain a lot to you.

In fact you might even "consider" a spell-checker that will show you that "considered" isn't spelled "concitered" (which isn't a word, by the way)

Oh, while you're at it....look up the word "Troll" (if you can figure out how to spell it).

[edit on 9-12-2004 by senrak]

[edit on 9-12-2004 by senrak]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
someones hot button just got pushed

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by the sword of esus

The freemasons are supposed to be a continuation of 'worker mason' guilds from the middle ages. These worker unions adopted some rituals and symbols and what not for various reasons. Nowadays, freemasons need not be 'operative' stonemasons, and in fact almost never are. One need not even be an engineer to be a 'free and accepted mason' now. In theory the current mason lodges have a 'genetic' relationship with those old operative masonry guild lodges, so they can make a sensible claim at the name 'Free and Accepted Masons' or "Levelers" and what not.

As far as the knights templar bit, well, they were disbanded (violently and forcfully) a long time ago, and may or may not have survived their exile. I don't think that any masonic lodges make a claim as being descended from some sort of underground Templar group, or at least not a serious claim. Many masons will, I suppose with toungue firmly in cheek, say that masonry today is directly linearly descended from the teachings of Hiram Abif and the buiolding of the Jewish Temple also, so take that for what its worth.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 99CentsStore
someones hot button just got pushed

Not really. . . I just have a low tolerance for baiting and such silly childishness.

Regards,

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Not really. . . I just have a low tolerance for baiting (...)

As it appears, the baiting job has worked well on you!

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I commend Senrak.

As a Mason, he should have a low tolerance for evidence of ignorance, since the aim of the Mason is to continually gain knowledge. I commend him for standing for what he believes, which is the elimination of ignorance, and for standing for it in such a cynical and sarcastic manner.

There is no better way to break fools of their foolish propensities than to belittle and patronize them, causing them to truly examine their worth and place in this world.

Even if the fool is just a little kid.

Correction...

Especially if the fool is just a little kid.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Too bad you obviously don't know how to use Google

the use of Google or any other search engine does require the ability
to spell your query properly. also reason above the level of a Yahoo
chat room helps.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

Whatever you want to think Echtelion.

I've simply reached a point in my life that when I think someone or something is ridiculous, pathetic, or ignorant...I feel it my duty to let them know....just in case they DIDN'T know it and because there's an ever so slight chance they want to change it. [shrug]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I commend Senrak.

As a Mason, he should have a low tolerance for evidence of ignorance, since the aim of the Mason is to continually gain knowledge. I commend him for standing for what he believes, which is the elimination of ignorance, and for standing for it in such a cynical and sarcastic manner.

There is no better way to break fools of their foolish propensities than to belittle and patronize them, causing them to truly examine their worth and place in this world.

Even if the fool is just a little kid.

Correction...

Especially if the fool is just a little kid.

OOOOO! Just what I was hoping for...a commendation from DeltaChaos. Now I can sleep peacefully once again.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

Too bad you obviously don't know how to use Google

the use of Google or any other search engine does require the ability
to spell your query properly. also reason above the level of a Yahoo
chat room helps.

Excellent point stalkingwolf. I wonder if the original poster ever "concitered" that?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak
OOOOO! Just what I was hoping for...a commendation from DeltaChaos. Now I can sleep peacefully once again.

For a master sarcaster, you sure can't tell when it's aimed at you very well.

Good one, though!

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

Originally posted by senrak

For a master sarcaster, you sure can't tell when it's aimed at you very well.

Good one, though!

LOL! Now if we can't have a bit of fun...what good is it? Right?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
What the hell do people have against Masons? Anyway, I'm still kinda new here. And I admit, I know next to nothing about the Masons. Just curious, How do you join?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HALLOWEEN78
What the hell do people have against Masons? Anyway, I'm still kinda new here. And I admit, I know next to nothing about the Masons. Just curious, How do you join?

I read once that to be one you have to kill one. I just asked one myself and after much study I sent my application in and should begin initiation in January.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe

I read once that to be one you have to kill one.

You're thinking about the Moose Lodge. You know...2 Be 1 Kill 1.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Just curious, How do you join?

ASK 1
2 B 1

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Huh. So all I have to do is ask one? That seems easy enough.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join