It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student wearing rosary, gets arrested...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: sirhumperdink

Ok. Lets do this. WHAT did I make up? The fact that this EXACT argument was used in other schools, and summarily shot down by the supreme court and every student had a ruling in their favor?

What have I ignored? That this school doesnt even have a dress code covering rosaries?

Did I miss the fact that this whole thing doesnt even fall under religious right of practice but freedom of expression which itself covers right of practice?

What sir?
Dont feel bad. LOL Prove me wrong. Dont spare me. You cant expect to be taken seriously if you cant back up your argument based on sentimentality with facts or deeds.

Did you perhaps ignore some things yourself? Perhaps?

edit on 10 31 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

REALLY? because everything which is very limited in and of itself that has been said officially or even by the school says that

1, This child has no history of gang violence.

2, The school doesnt have nor ever had a gang problem.

3, There is no such gang even remotely close to this area that flies these magic rosary colors for gang affiliation.

If you are saying the cop is a gang member, I disagree. He is just unfit for duty by gross ignorance of the law. It happens.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

the cop should have made him recite the hail Mary or some other prayer..

I will take it that you are joking. If not I dont want people to think Americans are this daft so we can leave it at that. This is a joke. Dont embarrass us any further.

What is gang related clothing? rosaries, and white tees? DO you want me to pull up pictures of alter boys and make you look silly? How about the fact that the police CANT declare rosaries a gang related identifier since, um , THE SUPREME COURT SAID SO.

But hey, blah blah blah right?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

This argument was used against a Jewish kid for his little hat...since they say THAT is a gang symbol.

I think we are all, with some few exceptions, wise to the fact that this is an affront on religion in general, in line with the globalist agenda of establishing favor for nature based, new age religions while systematically limiting traditional religions.

Jewish gang kid. Let that sink in.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Nope. You could be an atheist communist globalist shill...but I couldnt say that as a rebuttal and be taken seriously now could I.

Not if you and I want to have an adult conversation covering the fact that

1, This child has no history of gang violence.

2, The school doesnt have nor ever had a gang problem.

3, There is no such gang even remotely close to this area that flies these magic rosary colors for gang affiliation.

Which gang might this be sir? The one that this boy is a member of?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

No argument here. I've been in full agreement with everything you've said throughout this thread. My question was moreso directed at those who are defending the actions of this police officer.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I am sorry if I came off as confrontational, I just think we have some disinformation going on here and its so absurd I cant help myself. I hate the fact that these people think we are as dumb as they think we are, or as dumb as they think themselves smart.

Have a good one.

Hold it down.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

the cop should have made him recite the hail Mary or some other prayer..

I will take it that you are joking. If not I dont want people to think Americans are this daft so we can leave it at that. This is a joke. Dont embarrass us any further.

What is gang related clothing? rosaries, and white tees? DO you want me to pull up pictures of alter boys and make you look silly? How about the fact that the police CANT declare rosaries a gang related identifier since, um , THE SUPREME COURT SAID SO.

But hey, blah blah blah right?

I was joking about reciting the hail mary thing, sorta... But white tees and rosaries are considered gang attire I don't make the rules so don't bark at me about it. Not all schools enforce the rosaries it all depends on location. But long white tees are a negative. But if you lived around that kind of area you would know why. They don't like white tees blue jeans and Nike....

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

No one is barking. LOL

Tell me, what gang is making problems here? When did the school start to have gang problems? What gang is this boy a member of? What gangs that operate in this area use "rosaries and white tees" as signs?

I say none and that this school has never had a problem with gangs and neither has this KID...like even they say.

So people cant logically just say things like "he is probably a gang member" because he PROBABLY is NOT based on what we DO KNOW.

and again. EVEN if these things were gang signs, the school doesnt have a dress code covering rosaries. The PD cant say these things are gang signs because the supreme court said so. They are religious symbols.

Tell me how the same argument used for a Star of David, a Kippah, a hijab, a rosary....tell me how this argument used by crazy people who worry about agendas over education are gang signs. They are not and the supreme court probably had the easiest decision in their history saying so. A grade school student learning social studies could tell you why you cant limit or base rules of exclusion on things like that.

I am not trying to be a prick, but this is about as un-American, Un-western, insensitive, intolerant, and BS riddled as it can get. People are defending this school and this COP just because. I am sorry but the mob mentality is not admirable. Its reprehensible.

Again, I am sorry if I am adamant with this. Well no, if it is offensive to you, but I also dont care man. This is Nazi type crap.
NOPE!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

And you are a coward hiding behind an internet moniker. Where are you from?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I didn't say he was a gang member I said he pissed one off

gang

ranks

color , usually back or blue

We will have to disagree

Eta -who = the Leo's , and they are much worse that the crips or bloods. They abuse murder rape sell drugs and a whole list of other things . They do it in broad daylight. They do it on camera

And they get vacations, and not the 5-10 year ones those other gang members get
edit on pm1020143105America/ChicagoFri, 31 Oct 2014 17:31:11 -0500_10000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

WHO?

Who did he piss off? What gang? Why did the officer not arrest the gang member and not some kid attending his schools game who is NOT a gang member?

Its still the same argument sir. There is no gang activity to be spoken of in this school or with this boy.

Lets get this clear. There was no gang activity suspected at this MIDDLE school.

I dont want to be "that guy", so I will respectfully bow out of this. Lets just not make things up. There is enough to be said about what we DO KNOW.

Have a good one.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I don't live in that town so I can't really say what gangs they are referring to. But from what I read in this article they aren't suppose to wear rosaries to school functions, maybe it has something to do with rival schools/gangs? Who knows. As far as the Star Of David, that's all folk nation, GD's etc.... Has nothing to do with the supreme courts, it has to do with neighborhoods and teens getting killed over these things. Idk about anywhere else, here we associate white tee's, hats, with hustling... So if you always wear white tees, fresh fitted jeans shoes and hats to match you just might be a 'Hustla".... That's just common knowledge. All black has its own meanings too.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

No sir. there is no dress code from the school even mentioning rosaries. The supreme court comes into play because this is not unique. This exact issue has been brought and dragged through the legal system so many times that it reached the supreme court. That settles it FOREVER in the country. You cant establish a dress code or other restrictive rule based on these things anywhere in the country.

There is also blatant admission by the school and the PD that there is no gang activity in this middle school or with this boy. None.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: codythatkid
a reply to: whyamIhere

The officer using this kind of force is uncalled for, but then again this could all be prevented if he just didn't wear the rosary beads on campus. If he wanted to wear them that bad he could have just had it under his shirt like it was no big deal or just not fought the cop back as he was trying to hand cuff him for tresspassing? Im not even sure.... The officer shouldnt have used that kind of force on a kid a third of his size though unlesss there was an actual threat like a weapon present..

Yes, it's ok to be Catholic as long as you hide the fact. If you display you are a Catholic in public then you get arrested.

How sick is that thinking?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So you ignored the entire thread? Right or wrong it was clearly not an act intended to oppress Catholics.
edit on 1-11-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct mistake

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Maybe all you moderate catholics ought to take on catholic gangbangers for using your roseries as a gang symbol lol.

edit on Sat, 01 Nov 2014 00:59:56 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

So you ignored the entire thread? Right or wrong it was clearly not an act intended to oppress Catholics.

No, and it has been posted in the thread this kid is not in a gang, nor is there a gang problem there. Can you show me where the Rosary is a gang symbol at that school?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Maybe all you moderate catholics ought to take on catholic gangbangers for using your roseries as a gang symbol lol.

I am not a Catholic and truly despise Catholicism and think the Rosary is foolish and stupid.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
It was a joke, you know how all those rightwing christians are always like "Where are all the moderate muslims? Why don't moderate muslims wipe out ISIS?"

But yeah, even in NY where I went to school, banned the display of the rosary, along with bandanas, as gang symbols. I went to a bad kids school, most of the kids were in gangs, one of the hispanic gangs use the rosary as a gang status symbol, so it was thus banned.

edit on Sat, 01 Nov 2014 02:11:41 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join