It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Silence the Third Party

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The Two-Party Dictatorship is at it again... This time they want to limit your election ballot to only the Top Two candidates in Oregon. But I'm on the case! In this Big Media Blindspot, I shine a light on the dark money funding Measure 90.

For those in Oregon, if you want to keep the election ballot open to all candidates, you must oppose Measure 90 and spread the word.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
The Two-Party Dictatorship is at it again...

That's their Jam...

A republican would rather a democrat win than a constitutionalist.

A democrat would rather have a republican win than an independent.

3rd party is a dirty word.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

Yep. They fear it so much, they are taking measures to literally block FORTY TWO percent of the population from voting because they are not registered as a Republican or Democrat. True story! Look it up.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Here is something that is really sad, disturbing what have you.

If you took the number of people that dont vote in elections and count them you would find out that if they formed a political party they could decide each election. In other words they could back a third party and win every time.

If there is anyone I blame in this country for the state it is in I blame those who do not vote. Bunch of lazy hypocritical do nothing oxygen thieves.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You honestly think the two major parties, as much as they screw around with the voting machines, count votes behind closed doors, et cetera, et cetera, would EVER allow that to happen? Really!!?? Really!!!??? Bwahahahaha. You're kidding yourself, man. The damned Republicans changed the rules of their OWN convention just to keep Ron Paul out of the debates in 2012!!! Get real, man!! This system is corrupt and needs to burn.
edit on 30-10-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Here is something that is really sad, disturbing what have you.

If you took the number of people that dont vote in elections and count them you would find out that if they formed a political party they could decide each election. In other words they could back a third party and win every time.

If there is anyone I blame in this country for the state it is in I blame those who do not vote. Bunch of lazy hypocritical do nothing oxygen thieves.

Those people actually don't care enough to vote so they get what they get.
If they all voted, how much effort do you think they would put into the decision?

They'd probably vote in a pattern D-R-DD-RR-D-R

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You're full of # too. Yeah, I said it.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

No offense, but your comment is rather inaccurate. Most people who don't vote did at one time, but when one realizes that two parties have ALL of the funding and they only represent those who fund them, what the hell incentive is there to "vote" in rigged elections? You answer me that one.
What, you think someone who thinks and has their faculties about them are actually going to participate in some circus like that? Really? Think, man. Think.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

No,
I'm not.
If you really count on people who have no interest in voting to make important decisions that affect everybody then you really can't think it will end well.

Not that I'd keep anyone from voting but people who don't give a damn about themselves are really not going to concern themselves with your well being either.

edit on 30-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

You think the two shills they throw at us EVERY election, which by the way are ironically always the SAME damned people, Republicans : John McCain, a Bush or Mitt Romney, Democrats: a Clinton or John Kerry actually "care" about commoners? You really think any of them "care?" Really? Lol. Thanks for the laugh if you do.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Laugh all you want but it is the truth. The republican convention is not a national election. It is their own party with their own rules which is why they suck.

Those who do not vote may as well be non citizens I do not give a hoot what their opinion is on politics for all I care they may as well not even exist. If votes didn't matter then political parties wouldn't spend billions on campaigns.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Billions in CORPORATE money. Get it right!! You see....

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

You think the two shills they throw at us every election, which by the way are ironically always the same people, Republicans : John McCain, a Bush or Mitt Romney, Democrats: a Clinton or John Kerry actually "care" about commoners? You really think any of them "care?" Really? Lol. Thanks for the laugh if you do.

You really do miss the point don't you.
The ones who don't vote are not going to make a difference either way because they don't care enough to participate. You also seem to think I am defending the two party system. I'm not.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Ok, let's assume they did go and vote for some no name, non elitist candidate from the "Dudad party," someone who would ACTUALLY do this country good,what do you suppose would happen? Let's say the candidate got 55 percent of the vote.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Ok, let's assume they did go and vote for some no name non elitist candidate from the "Dudad party," someone who would ACTUALLY do this country good,what do you suppose would happen? Let's say the candidate got 55 percent of the vote.

It wouldn't make much difference at first.
It would be a long time before there were enough third party participants in congress and the senate to make a difference but it would be a start.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

You are right he really doesn't get it.

The only reason the two party system continues to exist is because those who want something different that would vote for third party are such defeatists they don't vote anymore. I see them make the same statements every time. They once voted but no longer do because their team didn't win. Maybe your right and they now get the politicians they deserve. I hate quitters.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Sigh. SMH....

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

So you think they would actually allow them in office, with all of the ballot machine manipulating and counting of votes behind closed doors that goes on? You have that much trust in the system? Good for you, I suppose. Shrug. I don't.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

So you think they would actually allow them in office, with all of the ballot machine manipulating and counting of votes behind closed doors that goes on? You have that much trust in the system? Good for you, I suppose. Shrug. I don't.

I don't trust the system but I know we can't just give up.
People have to start educating their friends and family.
We have to participate in local elections to get new candidates into politics.
Good government doesn't start in the white house.
It starts locally.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi I see them make the same statements every time. .
You're right and we will continue to say the same things over and over because some of you OBVIOUSLY do not "get" where we are coming from!! You know why history repeats itself? Because people didn't learn the FIRST damned time!! That's why! Same applies here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join