It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis endorses "the beings of the universe"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

“He created beings and allowed them to develop according to the internal laws that he gave to each one, so that they were able to develop and to arrive and their fullness of being. He gave autonomy to the beings of the universe at the same time at which he assured them of his continuous presence, giving being to every reality. And so creation continued for centuries and centuries, millennia and millennia, until it became which we know today, precisely because God is not a demiurge or a magician, but the creator who gives being to all things.”

Read more: www.ncregister.com...

He gave autonomy to the beings of the universe at the same time at which he assured them of his continuous presence, giving being to every reality.

Certainly, the pope doesn't speak only of the beings on planet earth, even if we include the dinosaurs in an enlarged evolutionary picture! The pope speaks in terms far beyond earth.

“The Big Bang, which nowadays is posited as the origin of the world, does not contradict the divine act of creating, but rather requires it. The evolution of nature does not contrast with the notion of creation, as evolution presupposes the creation of beings that evolve.”

Still, it is a Christ-centered homily:

The Pope said he wanted to point out that “God and Christ walk with us and are also present in nature.”

And social oriented too:

Pope Francis encouraged the academy “to pursue scientific progress and to improve the living conditions of the peoples, especially the poorest.”

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The notion that intelligent life could be out there has been entertained by many Christians for hundreds of years. This isn't really that shocking. Even in Dante's Inferno satan stopped at many worlds before getting here.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Okay ... you did it. This is new. Usually I have this stuff at the tips of my fingers in books I studied while a Third Order Carmelite (and previously Franciscan) but not this time. I have to go find and read up on 'the beings of the universe'. I'll be checking with my Carmelite sources and get back to you.
Awesome ...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 10/29/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Iv'e always thought the Vatican held and knew secrets about other worldly entities and infact were in contact with said entities.

here is one reason why....

www.vaticanobservatory.org...

These revelations by the Papacy are preparing us for something....and it will change the way we view "reality" forever.
edit on 29-10-2014 by olaru12 because: $^&*JTY

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The "giving being to every reality" part sticks with me as much if not more than mention of "beings of the Universe".

Curious, indeed. Great dig.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I have two feelings about this topic. One is that contact is coming soon. There just seems to be a malaise with Earth life/working. How long will these idiotic wars/monetary systems persist? In a free world everyone get what they want. No one starves because they can't "afford" to pay. Here's a piece of information that totally scares the "governments" of this planet: Star beings don't use money. This will probably be the first piece of wisdom that they bring from the Heavens. The second feeling is that there are anthropomorphic beings throughout the Universe. Just like "our" bodies are based on the primate scaffold, who's to say that a different blue print wasn't used on other worlds? Cat beings (Paschats), dog beings (Anubis like), bird beings etc.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I didn't do it myself, sister, the pope did it after many efforts of many people before him. Including pope Benedict that he praises. Including the late jesuit exorcist fr Balducci who was the first catholic priest in our days to say it in public. (with more details of ETs btw).

I am happy the efforts for several years in this forum are not in vain (if anyone would read them all).

Hope now we all start it from the beginning. "In the beginning was the Word".

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I don't see anything too interesting in the statement.

Christians believe that God created the universe and everything in it. Therefore, from a religious perspective, every being residing in the universe would be a product of God. It is therefore logical for the pope to say what he did. That every being in the universe, and not solely on planet Earth, has autonomy.

edit on 29-10-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm glad to see we're finally getting some recognition for Space Jesus.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Francis, whose namesake was a friend to all animals and lifeforms, may just be referring to all the life on earth. The birds, insects, mammals, reptiles, all our neighbors.

I don't know the answer to these questions, having just thought of them while typing this post: Was Francis of Assisi either a vegan or vegetarian, and is Pope Francis either a vegan or vegetarian? I dunno. If the Pope isn't (jeez, even Bill Clinton stopped eating animals) I wonder why not, given proclamations like the one discussed in this thread.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

So...he's basically saying that every scientific discovery or theory, also jives very well with a creator god having created everything?

For example...the big bang being a requirement of gods creation, iow, god brought about the big bang, which created our Universe and everything in it?

Isn't that a bit like saying i am the creator of bacteria, when i crapped in a hole in the woods?

Methinks the Pope is clutching at straws in the face of increasingly science based belief systems, and let's face it, why wouldn't he if he thought his institution would fizzle out in a decade or two otherwise.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

That's a valid point. I have heard it said that many scientists find no conflict with their faith. Wasn't Einstein a believer in a divine architect? I'm not going to get all theosophical here but I personally believe in one.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Sounds to me like he is speaking in regards to reincarnation ( fullness of being) and he is also speaking about different states of mind and/or dimensions ( reality).

If he is speaking about ET's as well I wish he'd spoken in better detail. Why not say human beings rather than "beings"... "each kind of being"?

Sooooooo Cryptic!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Oannes

When they announced there would be the civilian space flights I figured this was coming...how can you stop a group of civilians flying in space from talking? So might as well just come out with stuff soon...I say within a decade we will have some real answers.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

If it was a secular professor saying those words, it wouldn't be anything strange.

What we have here, is 15-20 years of continuing efforts by selected roman catholic priests, mostly jesuits, who say to the common christians (and non christians) that life exists elsewhere in the Universe. That it is not contrary to faith if that life is intelligent. Read mgr Balducci, and the more recent statements of Guy Consolmagno and fr. Funes. Pope Francis already said he would baptize Martians if they would come one day to ask him for that.

Therefore, the current wider view of pope Francis that includes evolution and Big bang, AND "the beings of the universe" makes the big difference, not so much as scientific discovery as acknowledge of religious authority of what the science have already done. And even beyond the current mainstream science, that frankly still struggles with the idea to accept intelligent life as given , besides the trillions of non-intelligent stars and planets. Honestly, the mainstream science is somehow so conservative as the religion of the past criticized at that time.

From now on, it is no more a "sin" for the 1.2 bln catholics (and the other christians I hope) to acknowledge the fact our sun is not alone in the universe, and the great probability there would be other intelligent beings out there among the ...how many trillions of stars. Facts known to Egyptians and Babylonians. That is a big achievement of pope Francis, because until this moment, many educated and honest researchers would stop short before saying the next logical conclusion, because of thought of doing something wrong, going to hell, and so on. We cannot ignore that side of the conscience of a scientist-believer. We do not speak of a class of robots who are not interested in their own well-being: on this earth and also beyond death.

I don't know how that process will go from now on. As one poster here said, he/she would expect a sooner contact. I'd be glad that to happen overnight!

Meanwhile, I'd like to see MORE cardinals and professors talking about that. There isn't enough talk about good ETs and the benefits the humanity would get from them, should they appear publicly one day. Whoever talks is automatically outcast as stranger. Instead, the media especially entertainment industry are full of shows how bad the aliens are. Don't you see a trend in that? Agenda may be, that is not ours? Certain races might be interested to blame others for events of the past or the future. And let speak of at least 4-5 races or may be as many as 80+ (as the information is already posted online for years). There we would have as many agendas. What is good and what is bad, or neutral, indifferent to the fate of humans on earth?

The pope's words are not the end of that process. They are not its beginning either. They are a very important milestone, that I hope more people will see it as such. VIP persons if you will. We can talk endlessly and spend time in forums. If there is no action on behalf of those VIP persons, AND/OR the ETs themselves, it will be useless for the common people who still are buried in everyday problems. Even if they know better than some third world presidents that the life over there not only exists but is different.
edit on 29-10-2014 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Ahh...but that nugget is a particularly MASSIVE can of worms.

If earthly animals is indeed what the Pope is referring to, that is as good as saying the Catholic church is saying every animal, even the very lowly...has a god given soul.

If they have a soul, they can be murdered.

If they're murdered, both Humans and animals can be tried for murdering an animal, which has a soul.

Very dodgy ground.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

You're preaching to the choir there mate. (lifelong ET believer)

I welcome the widespread acceptance of ET life, acknowledgement of other species further along the physics curve than ourselves currently are, and rejection of dogmatic stupidity for the sake of preserving nothing more than that dogma.

But i still think he's clutching at straws, even so.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
The Pope said he wanted to point out that “God and Christ walk with us and are also present in nature.”

Reminiscent of the days of co-opting the pagan religions centuries ago. I've always said that Catholics are just confused pagans. Pointing out the divinity of nature is something most Christians warn against (likely so the exploitation of our natural resources can be justified).

It's always baffled me that Christians aren't more in line with Earth-based spiritual paths.
edit on 29-10-2014 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I appreciate it too.
What are the forums for, if you don't speak with the goal to be heard by more people? Not everyone will respond, or even register, but still read it. And, I responded to your main question anyway. The pope is not the first, hopefully not the last, and still very very important act.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
They just keep adjusting and acclimatize their obsolescent views, to keep up with an evolved modern society.
In other words
Science makes religion look stupid,
so religion must try to keep up,
That's one devious Pope, trying to transmute christianity into a new age religion.
Cunning....

But what about their holy book? Isn't it the word of god?
What about Adam and Eve?
And the 7 days of creation?
If the Pope is right then why god didn't tell us about evolution, and the big bang plan of his- in his holy book?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join