It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer for Fort Kent nurse says she "WON'T" abide by quarantine

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

No, a better analogy would be banning guns because it would save a few lives otherwise lost by gunshots. It might save a few lives, at the expense of the people's right to bear arms.

Guns left to their own devices dont kill people ..........

This is a living organism passed from host to host, through direct and indirect contact........with a 50-90% mortality rate......

Im not trying to be ugly here Kayla really im not , but give me a break.........

This isnt about political corectness or any other BS that this Nation has become beholden on bended knee to......

This is about the preservation of life on not just a National Scale, but a World Wide scale........

If her kind of attitude and actions become more common place with our healthcare workers exposed to this virus then we are doomed........this thing will grow so fast that the system will be over whelmed......

This woman does not have the right to put other peoples lives at risk because of her own damn HUBRIS.........

You want to compare it to guns?

Im a 2nd amendment supporter, and a CC weapon carrier..........IF i was walking around firing rounds off in a public place around other people or spinning the cylinder , and pointing it and firing it at random passers by, I would be thrown in jail and or shot dead in the street........

This woman is playing Russian Roulette, shes doing the same damn thing!
edit on 10/30/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

here is a analogy.
just as people who truly know how treat every gun as if it is loaded and ready to fire, until a complete safe weapon is attained.
she should be treated as a loaded gun until a complete safe weapon is attained.

edit on 30-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Thanks. She did it in a few threads i've been in so I've lost track (and the will).

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You made an excellent point. Well done!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Dallas had a press conference last week where Mayor Mike Rawlins stated that 25 Texas Healthcare workers have quarantined themselves at the hospital. This was voluntary, as they could have chosen to stay home instead. But the employees felt it was better to monitor themselves away from their family so that it couldn't possibly spread to their loved ones.

I don't hear any of these selfless people screaming about their civil rights being violated.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Many ATS'ers have said this for weeks.

CDC admits droplets from a sneeze could spread Ebola

Ebola is a lot easier to catch than health officials have admitted — and can be contracted by contact with a doorknob contaminated by a sneeze from an infected person an hour or more before, experts told The Post Tuesday.

source

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: MrLimpet

Ok then ~ she gets no applause from you!

No one has suggested doing the terrible things you mentioned in your post. Please try to be civil and kind to others here.

You mean the way others here are being civil and kind? Wishing and hoping that the Fort Kent nurse gets ebola??? She hasn't said anything like the mean and horrible things that have been said about her here. She has never said that she doesn't care if people catch ebola from her or that she hopes any Americans get ebola.

She doesn't have to explicitly say it. Her actions speak louder than words.

You mean monitoring her health, checking her temperature several times a day? Yep, those actions say she is doing exactly as the CDC recommends.

Oh, so you know for sure she's monitoring her health and checking her temperature several times a day. You must live in that house with her and her boyfriend. She's the type who will never admit it, even when showing symtoms, that she should've been quarantined. She's not the type who would say "You were right, I was wrong". If there is a God, karma hopefully will let her get the big "E" and put down that self-centered and narcissistic B. Hopefully, she won't have infected others through her careless and thoughtless actions.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
Many ATS'ers have said this for weeks.

CDC admits droplets from a sneeze could spread Ebola

Ebola is a lot easier to catch than health officials have admitted — and can be contracted by contact with a doorknob contaminated by a sneeze from an infected person an hour or more before, experts told The Post Tuesday.

source

Actually, Ebola can survive on a glass surface for 50 days, not just @ an hour.

"Each was placed into guinea pig tissue samples and tested for their ability to survive in different liquids, and on different surfaces at different temperatures, over a 50-day period. By day 50, the only sample from which the virus could be recovered was the Zebov from tissue on glass".

"This study has demonstrated that filoviruses are able to survive and remain infectious, for extended periods when suspended within liquid and dried onto surfaces,’ explained the researchers".
freestatepatriot.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I agree with you totally, this medical care professional and her attorney are in search of one thing, 15 minutes of fame. Obviously, she left her professionalism in W. Africa. a reply to: ~Lucidity

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I honestly think, if she did come down with ebola. We'd never hear of it. Her ties to the CDC and government, will make sure of that. They would say she's moved to an unknown location due to animosity from the community.

It would be another case of out of sight, out of mind, like the Duncan family. And, others we no longer hear anything of.

But, she is doing her job now of fostering a false sense of security in the public eye. She'll get her pay for doing that, and urging other people exposed to ebola to follow her idiotic actions.

Des

edit on 30-10-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Rosa Parks wasn't exposed to a level 4 pathogen but I see your excellent point. Civil rights issues are fought first on the often uncomfortable fringes but ultimately benefit everyone.

Thanks for being the only one here to understand that I was only addressing the part about refusing to follow a law that one thought was unjust. It doesn't automatically make one untrustworthy.

I find your comparison offensive. Kaci Hickox chose to go to W Africa and help sick people. She knowingly CHOSE to be exposed to a deadly disease. Rosa Parks did not CHOOSE to be born black. Frankly, I think the moderators should remove your post. It's disgusting.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

This is nothing but a big show for her. I wouldn't be surprised if her next media outing will be a restaurant. If the restaurant refuses to serve her or asks her to leave, they may very well have a law suit on their hands.

Good chance many (if not all) the patrons will leave. But, that ok, nurse will have her way. It is after all, all about her!

Think of all the media attention that will get.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

That's where we disagree, I suppose. I don't think the law is unjust at all. Now, I think the quarantined people could be treated much better. Given all the creature comforts of home, heck, even bring them anything from their homes that they want. Feed them good meals, give them internet access, and most importantly, if they're a returning HCW, PAY THEM FOR THEIR TIME IN QUARANTINE. treat them like HUMANS.

But quarantine them nonetheless.

Agreed. I would have to add that I checked the DWB website and all returning HCW ARE paid for 21 days upon returning and encouraged (not mandatory) NOT to work during that time. So to be clear... they are being paid during a time that they could self- quarantine. Money apparently is not the issue here.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Cleanup of Texas Ebola Patient’s Apartment Could Cost Well Over $100K

It cost about $100,000+ to clean Duncan's apartment. The first phase cost $65,000 the final cost could double that.

Businesses will either foot the bill or cities/taxpayers will. Insurance companies won't cover damages caused by communicable diseases.

Ebola lands in NY, costs could go viral

Few New Yorkers carry renter's coverage. And exclusions to the policy would apply in general. Most policies cover fire, smoke or water damage. "We're not talking about that here," said Mr. Hartwig. As for the building's owner, most property policies "respond to general risks and not to communicable diseases" contracted in a foreign country.

The city may pay for decontamination as a public health measure, he ventured.

The cost to businesses exposed to the virus can be high. Cleanup of the Gutter, the Williamsburg bowling alley where Dr. Spencer spent time before his hospitalization, could run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars because of the intricacy involved. The Gutter did not return calls for comment.

To track costs incurred for preparation and treatment, the Greater New York Hospital Association is surveying the eight hospitals—including Bellevue—designated by the state to treat Ebola patients. Expenses include capital improvements, buying personal protective equipment and related supplies, and staff training for crews that can number 100 per Ebola patient.

Bellevue Hospital is part of the New York City Health and Hospitals Corp., which is projecting a $200 million budget gap.

Just bringing high risk HCWs home comes at a huge cost for hospitals that have to prepare. If HCWs refuse to self-quarantine/contract ebola those cost could go through the roof depending on how many businesses are affected.

I knew insurance providers would wiggle out of paying for ebola clean up. It's expensive enough for biz to get coverage. We had trouble getting a policy for our arcade because of high risk children/teens. So as usual taxpayers will pay, businesses will lose while insurers are safely protected from liability.

These high risk HCWs remind me of the Geico motorcycle rider clad in dollars bills floating away behind him. Maybe HCWs aren't shedding ebola but taxpayers/biz are going to bleed cash if we continue indulging high risk HCWs and their sense of entitlement.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

I hadn't known that. Very interesting info. I'm glad our returning HCW's are being paid for their quarantine time.

This also means that this nurse is getting paid to go gallivanting around breaking quarantine orders just because she's a beautiful and unique snowflake

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Like I said before, when the numbers of people who have brought this here and subsequently spread it due to stupidity grows even a small percentage we will all be screwed. As of now if the FEW people who "might" have it make sure they DON'T by self quarantining (which does not mean go out to eat, bowling, biking or any other stupid ass activity) then all of this would be a moot point.

If 31 not 21 days is good for our military, 10 days in Italy and 21 days in US, it should be good for everyone else who "might" have it. After all our military had no choice in going over there whereas these volunteers did. By all means make the quarantine comfortable and vacation-like, and make sure they get paid and have their jobs when it is done. This is not a punishment it is common sense and making sure this never gets a foothold in our country.

In my opinion anyone who has been exposed to Ebola shouldn't even have to be asked, they should just DO it themselves in a way that does not risk everyone else's lives like Nurse Pham (and hey SHE didn't volunteer to be exposed, but she still used common sense afterwards) did and all the other un-named people who are being sensible about this. Period. It's just basic human decency which now a days is an oxymoron. The majority of humans are not decent anymore.

If they will not do it themselves then by all means make them comfortable somewhere until absolutely sure they don't have it while the numbers of the potentially exposed is still small enough to accommodate this, because if they don't and our luck runs out... hello FEMA camps and martial law.

Personally I don't believe all the "suspected" cases were. I think a lot more had/have it and it's being covered up. But then I'm a Conspiracy nutjob so what's new.

And yeah the comparison to Rosa Parks is seriously offensive. She didn't threaten lives or choose to be treated like she was and discriminated against. And her doing what she did didn't potentially infect people with a deadly virus.

Lil

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

It's on a state-by-state basis in that damn link I keep posting. And even the states that don't list it? I'm SURE they would help make sure no one suffered without pay.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hilarious comment posted by someone on instagram regarding the picture below.

I would follow her around with a bull horn warning people that she's on the loose. stay away from her.

:

edit on 30-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I don't get it.

How hard is it to stay at home for 21 days watching Netflix and eating junk food?

"But it's the principle of the thing!" people scream. "Her civil liberties are being violated!"

Okay, well...

People are scared. By going on bike rides and flaunting yourself all over town you are only making people more scared and fearful. How hard is it to take one for the team, suck it up and just do something for the greater good that would put people at ease.

I fully understand how remote the possibility is that this woman is contagious -- but humor the public, if for no other reason to keep the fear levels down. This whole Ebola thing is already over the top, and having someone riding around on a bike and flaunting a quarantine is only making the situation worse.

Pick your battles wisely, and don't go off half-cocked. This isn't the right battle to be fighting for civil liberties or personal freedom rights. Its a selfish expression, and simply ramping up paranoia and fear -- the likes of which are already to high considering the actual facts.

Stock up on some Game of Thrones DVDs, read some books. Take some hot baths and take up needle point. A few weeks stuck at home in a 1st world country is a cake walk.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join