It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real or Myth: There's a system of "prejudice" against white Americans?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
There is no white prejudice in America. I'm white and have a few decades under my belt. Never been discriminated, or had an issue based on race. It just doesn't happen.

What I've found is this:

White people that complain about prejudice or discrimination or reverse racism or any of that usually have other issues. They are generally underachievers, many are addicted to nicotine or other drugs and drink heavily. They are lazy and uneducated and have a victim mentality. They complain about everything, yet do nothing to further or improve their lives. They don't try to learn new skills, read business books, get more education etc. They generally make me sick. Isn't it time we stop being victims and improve our lives and move on?

I think the above could really apply to anyone who is always complaining about being a "victim."

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
Dear Wealthy, Christian, Able-Bodied, Heterosexual, White Man,

I hear you had a really bad day. I'm not going to take that away from you, we all had bad days. Heck, maybe you've had a string of bad days, maybe a good portion of your life has been bad days. I can relate.

However, before you started blaming your bad days on racism, let me ask you a couple of questions, please?

1. Would your day be worse if you were constantly being targeted by police because of the color of your skin?
2. Would your day be worse if you were constantly having to legally defend your sexual orientation?
3. Would your day be worse if you didn't have full use of your body or mental facilities?
4. Would your day be worse if you were constantly having to following laws based on the religions of others?
5. Would your day be worse if you were constantly fighting for equal treatment under the law based on your gender?
6. Would your day be worse if you were constantly trying to make ends meet?

If you answered yes, then you have a privilege. It isn't your fault that you have a privilege, but it doesn't make the privilege go away. I'm not even asking you to do anything about your privilege other than respect the struggle that others have.

Thanks for reading.

I don't get targeted by the police... But then again I stay out of targeted area, I don't act suspicious, and I generally follow the law. If a black cop pulls me over I call him sir and cooperate same as if he were white.

I'm a straight pro heterosexual marriage white male so yes I do defend my sexual orientation almost daily.

I'm a disable veteran so I know a lot about your third point too.

The fourth doesn't really apply here since although the original law writers were white male Christians, religion isn't enforced just a moral code honored by almost all faiths.

The law doesn't support women over men? 90% of the time who gets child custody? Who's to blame in most domestic cases? In most states the law even says a man can't be a victim of rape.

And for the last I support my family with out any government assistance. I do it on about 28k a year through hard work and sacrifice which means my wife and two kids don't go hungry and we have a warm home to sleep in. Big people would work hard and take care of their needs instead of their wants it wouldn't be a problem for anyone else either.

The whole conversation is retarded. If you want to be equal than be equal. Don't make me call you African American or Asian American. I don't ask people to call me Norse Irish American.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DisIllusioned PatRiot

You didn't actually answer the questions.

They were Yes or No.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You didn't actually answer the questions.

They were Yes or No.
:

No racial pun intended but the world is not black and white. Not every question had a yes or no answer.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The questions I posed were Yes or No. You didn't answer them. Heck, you didn't even reply in a way that could be seen as an answer to my questions at all, they were more your personal observations about what you believe makes you seem like a stand up guy.

Let's just look at the first question and answer.

1. Would your day be worse if you were constantly being targeted by police because of the color of your skin?

I don't get targeted by the police... But then again I stay out of targeted area, I don't act suspicious, and I generally follow the law. If a black cop pulls me over I call him sir and cooperate same as if he were white.

Can't you understand that you haven't actually answered the question at all? So let me ask it again in a different way.

1b. Would your day be worse if, being an upstanding citizen, staying out of targeted areas, not acting suspicious, and generally following the law, you were being targeted by police because of the color of your skin?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

1b. Would your day be worse if, being an upstanding citizen, staying out of targeted areas, not acting suspicious, and generally following the law, you were being targeted by police because of the color of your skin?

No. No it really wouldn't. Why? Because profiling works regardless of who it targets. Its not like the cop is pulling you over because he's racist.

What makes more sense for a cop to do say in a high drug area? Pull over the random white guy there who yes maybe there to buy or to pull over the mexican(no offense) guy were he and his car look like it came out of cheech and chong movie?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Wow.

I really just don't have anything to say to that. You aren't in a position to even see how racist your statement is, even though you know without any doubt that your statement is racist by trying to play the "no offense" card.
edit on 7-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Wow.

I really just don't have anything to say to that. You aren't in a position to even see how racist your statement is, even though you know without any doubt that your statement is racist by trying to play the "no offense" card.

I'm sorry if I offended you but its pretty hard to give an example of profiling with out it being offensive to someone.

I'm not a racist. At least no more or less than most people. What I am is a realist and being a realist shows me that profiling works and people that play the race card are just looking for an easy way for someone else to pity them or fix their problems for them.

Like I said in an earlier post race doesn't matter. In the Marines we had dark green Marines and light green Marines race was never brought up and at least where I was was never an issue.

Why don't you answer your questions too? Maybe it will explain why you're so heated about someone else's opinion.

edit on 7-11-2014 by DisIllusioned PatRiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DisIllusioned PatRiot
I'm sorry if I offended you but its pretty hard to give an example of profiling with out it being offensive to someone.

Have you ever thought that's because Racial Profiling itself is offensive?

I'm not a racist. At least no more or less than most people. What I am is a realist and being a realist shows me that profiling works and people that play the race card are just looking for an easy way for someone else to pity them or fix their problems for them.

If you think that harassing every Mexican because some Mexicans are involved in drugs isn't racist, then I really don't have anything left to say to you, because you don't actually understand what racism is.

Why don't you answer your questions too? Maybe it will explain why you're so heated about someone else's opinion.

I answer Yes to almost every question, because I understand that I have an incredible amount of privilege. I am a White, Heterosexual, Able-Bodied, Male. The United States of America is set up for people like me. I don't have to worry about whether I'm going to be shot by a police officer just for walking across the street. I don't have to worry about whether or not I will be able to see my partner in the hospital if she's sick. I don't have to worry about whether or not I am going to be sexually assaulted after leaving a club. I don't have to worry about how I'm going to get across the street at a busy intersection because I can see and hear and move just fine.

I am privileged. It's not a bad thing to be privileged. It's not my fault. I just acknowledge it and try to make my privilege a little less by helping break down the isms that cause it.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

What privilege is that exactly?

The privilege to go die overseas for being a male? The privilege to not be able to gain custody of your kids in most places? The privilege to have to bow and cater to everyone else but if you stand up for yourself you're racist/sexist/ableist?

From the quality of your posts and the recent sign up date, I'd say that you only came on here to troll people and get a reaction to feel good on the inside. Or maybe your name lets on more than meets the eye? jk jk

Take your head out of your butt for a second and try to see this issue from another point of view.

Here's a better example. Go to New Haven Connecticut. Go to a place called the Hill.
Show your face to everyone you see. And then come back on here and post your results if you're not dead.

We're all friggin human beings that have to deal with different # on a daily basis. We all bleed red and we all look the same after we die.

I say no more feminism. I say we should instead promote equalism. I have never once in my life used racism as a tool to oppress someone else. I never resorted to insulting someone with a racist term because I think that's for lazy dumbasses who can't think of anything better to say. I have never once used my wang to rule over a female. Yet I've been called racist and sexist because I like to speak my mind which is guaranteed by the founding legal documents of our nation.
Women and men have different talents. As well as people from India or Pakistan or Liberia. If we could recognize that, we'd see world peace ina few weeks.

If we truly want equality in our society we should stop identifying ourselves as different than other human beings first and foremost.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguy27

What privilege is that exactly?

I believe I laid out the privilege quite effectively in my last post. Let me do so again.

I am a White, Heterosexual, Able-Bodied, Male. The United States of America is set up for people like me. I don't have to worry about whether I'm going to be shot by a police officer just for walking across the street. I don't have to worry about whether or not I will be able to see my partner in the hospital if she's sick. I don't have to worry about whether or not I am going to be sexually assaulted after leaving a club. I don't have to worry about how I'm going to get across the street at a busy intersection because I can see and hear and move just fine.

And yes, we should move toward a more egalitarian(equal) society, but there are large portions of our population, namely conservatives, that are not interested in promoting such ideas.

However, you can't say that people are equal then claim that everyone has different talents based on artificial divides like country of origin. It's culturally insensitive and racist to make those claims. To claim women have different talents than men is sexist, not egalitarian.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is some reading for you about egalitarianism. I think you will see quite quickly why conservatives stay away from wanting everyone to be equal.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Petros312

Somewhere I heard a statistic that 1 in 8 whites are racist towards blacks, and 1 in in 8 blacks are racist towards whites. I tried to find the source and couldn't so I'll just say that is the information I believe the most. So there is a system in which 1 in 8 whites uses prejudice against blacks, and 1 in 8 blacks use prejudice against whites. Blacks being a strong minority end up on the stilted end. Meanwhile whites end up being stilted but to a very small degree, as a number of other posts on this thread have also mentioned.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I don't want to argue with you bruh

You're not going to accept any other viewpoint than your own and you're just going to try to put words in my mouth.

I said that people have different talents no matter where they're from. Nobody on this earth is exactly equal to other people but we're all equal as a whole. And how am I sexist for stating the truth? My sister is 200 pounds lighter than me and can't lift half as much weight as me. But she definitely can school me in French and with writing. To say that women and men are exactly equal would be delusional at best and nefarious at worst. We all have our unique talents that allow us to coexist. Do you think children care about race or sex when they're 5? No, and that's the way everyone should be. Equally accepting of everyone. Until you prove otherwise, I'll treat you with kindness and respect regardless of creed, race, or sex, because that's how I was raised.

But keep playing your games. I'm going to keep an eye on you

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguy27

I don't want to argue with you bruh

You're not going to accept any other viewpoint than your own and you're just going to try to put words in my mouth.

I said that people have different talents no matter where they're from. Nobody on this earth is exactly equal to other people but we're all equal as a whole. And how am I sexist for stating the truth? My sister is 200 pounds lighter than me and can't lift half as much weight as me. But she definitely can school me in French and with writing. To say that women and men are exactly equal would be delusional at best and nefarious at worst. We all have our unique talents that allow us to coexist. Do you think children care about race or sex when they're 5? No, and that's the way everyone should be. Equally accepting of everyone. Until you prove otherwise, I'll treat you with kindness and respect regardless of creed, race, or sex, because that's how I was raised.

But keep playing your games. I'm going to keep an eye on you

I'm certainly not going to accept the viewpoint of someone that makes racist and sexist claims and doesn't even realize he's doing it. I'm truly sorry if that upsets you, and I can assure you, there is no need for you to keep an eye on me. I'm not really sure what that even means.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

There are fundamental differences between women and men.

There are fundamental differences between different 'races'.

Ask yourself why it is a common and fairly accepted notion that asians are smarter than other people?
In math specifically. It's fairly astounding that political correct people haven't yet seized on this stereotype, it also shows a double standard.

Blacks(how is that offensive? Shouldn't white be offensive too then?) are considered superior athletes, this is a common sentiment.

Whites dominate strongman contests and swimming.

There's differences in skeleton structure, there's differences in levels of testosterone, asians are more neotenic than other people, there's differences in musculature, there's all kinds of documented differences.

Accepting reality and not sticking one's head in the ground because of differences is not racist if one respects the humanity of all people no matter what traits they display. Getting caught up in this political correctness bull# is only playing the divide and conquer game, look into the origins of political correctness and you will find that it is not at all about equality but about social engineering, engineered division, and in the end essentially thought crimes. It's inherently authoritarian.

You really think governments and media are doing us all some big favor by relentlessly pushing the same viewpoints and furiously assaulting anyone that dares have dissenting opinions? They're all just being altruistic? There's no agenda? When did governments become altruistic all of a sudden? They want easily controlled drones, they want separate groups continually at each other's throat. Sure blacks have certainly been targeted, their community is more or less destroyed by now, even Alex Jones goes into the methods they have used. Now they're targeting whites and it really is becoming quite obvious.

The government isn't about being righteous, never was, and the people that control the government from behind the scenes certainly aren't. It's not about humanism, it's about control and it's about self righteous white people that feel guilty or want to feel good about themselves. It's about cowardice, and fear of speaking out, fear of having the wrong opinion, it's about victims and victim mentality, it's about the nanny state deciding every minute detail of our lives, it's about them deciding for us what to think. Political correctness is essentially mind control and it is working spectacularly.

I should know, I live in probably the most politically correct country on Earth, Sweden, lauded by liberals the world over. But you don't know, you haven't seen the dark underbelly, you wouldn't believe the things some of these people say, you wouldn't believe the blatant self hate, the white male competing in media in self-flagellation and barely concealed smugness. We're only right when we're apologizing for our very existance.
And when we don't buy the program people will shun you, and in politics the media and government will relentlessly attack you in every conceivable way, they'll use every dirty trick available, they'll lie, slander, debase you, incite violence and do everything in THEIR INSTITUTIONALIZED POWER to denigrate you. You see, the point you're missing is that white people are doing this to themselves, institutionally. And you wouldn't believe how deep the brainwashing goes in a country that has been inundated by Marxist philosophy and cultural relativism ever since WWII. You really haven't seen the liberal version of 1984 without having lived here.

This is happening to a lesser extent in the US so I suppose it's not as obvious or as clear cut, but it is happening all the same and it is the same ideology behind it all.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
There is an admitted agenda to displace, or ethnically cleanse, all white people in America and Europe,

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Viking9019

Admitted? Where?

Second line.. (is this really necessary?)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Viking9019
There is an admitted agenda to displace, or ethnically cleanse, all white people in America and Europe,

Roughly 9% of the world is white now and by 2043 census data shows that white will be a minority in the US.

Why don't we get special treatment? Or activists or lobbyist groups to look out for us? Anyone that even hinted at the idea would be instantly marked as s racist or a Nazi and lose all credibility

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Your wall of text is full of so much misinformation that it would take more time that it is worth to sort it out.

I'm sorry that you feel so badly for yourself. How do you feel that you could be better served by society, since you clearly have been born into such terrible circumstances?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Your wall of text is full of so much misinformation that it would take more time that it is worth to sort it out.

In other words, you've got nothing to stand on, ok, understood. You concede that I am right then, got it.

Don't even wanna try debunking the inherent differences between 'races'?

Why don't you ask a forensic anthropologist if there are no general differences between 'races' visible in skeleton structures.

Oh, and just because I recognise problems doesn't mean that I think I'm a victim of such problems, another fallacy of yours.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join