It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you lost your faith? Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Somedays I feel totally blessed by a higher power but as I see the world inch closer and closer to absolute chaos; I begin to question the existence of a grand design, the soul and a creator.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

i never had much faith but for some reason i belive more now with the world in chaos i see more love than ive ever seen to be honest but you have to ignore the media and see most people for who they really are at a deeper level i dont really understand myself but something really big is going to happen and i do believe that.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I have totally lost my faith.

The more I learn the more I hate what the world is and what it's about.
Too many wars.
Too much greed.
Evil seems to be rewarded
The poor are made poorer and the rich massively richer( I am well paid, have an expensive house so it's not me being jealous)
Corporations are run at the expense of staff- benefits keep reducing, jobs off shored etc.
People don't help each other like they used to.

It's a sad place now and will only get worse.....

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Somedays I feel totally blessed by a higher power but as I see the world inch closer and closer to absolute chaos; I begin to question the existence of a grand design, the soul and a creator.

Yes or came close too

Many times but the creator already has a back up plans and always guides me back.

You know the guidance comes from the one and not some deception playing tricks when it doesn't tell you the answer but asks you the questions you have the answer to somewhere in your being but cant figure the question out.

I know it sounds like its straight out of the matrix.

The why part you ask I might have to come back to as time is running short for me here today, so this post will be bookmark so I can come back as this talk/discussion really interests me.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
There is a Grand Design, but our minds are too limited to understand. By concentrating and "awaking" our senses we can at least see and understand a bit of it. Is up to us to choose in which side we want to be at the end.
Is something we can do to increase our level of consciousness and by doing that choosing where to stand.

There's not much we can do to change the outcome, once the Higher power make a decision there is no stopping. No matter which religion you follow, at the end of days something going to happen.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

LOL I love this question, it's as though "faith" is something you should have... I don't think it is... Faith seems to me to be a kind of emperors new clothes kinda deal, a way to get people to believe in the unbelievable... A get out clause... I can ask, can you prove god to me? And people will say no, you have to have faith XD

Meh to faith... I will take evidence and logic and reasoning any day of the week. Faith is pretty meaningless really.

As for the state of the world... Well this is another problem with faith if you ask me... People have faith in government, in their chosen idol, they have faith they'll do the right thing and work in the best interest of the people. No matter what the evidence says!

So the whole time faith is abundant so will our problems... My 2 pence worth

edit on 27-10-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoEpic

Too many wars.
Too much greed.
The poor are made poorer and the rich massively richer( I am well paid, have an expensive house so it's not me being jealous)
Corporations are run at the expense of staff- benefits keep reducing, jobs off shored etc.

you're being deceived.

So many talk of Sad and evil world,

You make it happen, you are a part of it.

If you want change you have be that change first before you can ever see it.

The world is perfect and there is balance.

There only needs to be 1 drop/teaspoon of love to mix with the gallons and gallons of hate to create balance.

Try finding that 1 teaspoon and sharing with others, then you might see beauty among st all the horror.
edit on 27-10-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

take an epsom salt bath.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I was raised catholic...#ing hated it. Saw no point in it and never felt the grace of god but as a child i believed in god because thats what i was told...went through college and studied science...saw how awful religion is and how much it contradicts itself and how science crept in enough to push all spirituatlity out of me.

Then was in the military and did some other merc work etc...saw so much #ing death. When you look at a lifeless corpse...ive even been to an autopsy...you see all these organs and masses of cells that make up tissues...and i think how does that mass of cells make us smile and laugh and be creative. I then thought #...ther has to be something else out there that science hasn't found.

In my current state...I despise religion but recognize there are things not explained yet. There may or may not be a god and im completely open to all interpretations...as long as it leaves the bull# religious texts out of it.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

how does that mass of cells make us smile and laugh and be creative. then thought #...ther has to be something else

Yep, it's called a brain... It evolved over millions of years, nothing magical about it.
edit on 27-10-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Connecting with one's purpose should be every ones goal in life.

NONE of us is here by accident.

We all have scroll prepared by God before we were conceived in our mother’s womb. It’s important we discover what is written on it so we can walk in it and fulfill our Testimony; for it is on this that we will be judged and rewarded. At the end of this life Jesus will compare what we have done with what we should have done with our lives. We have a lifetime to discover what is on our scroll and work it out and achieve it.

Your Scroll and Testimony \\\\\\\\ The Testimony of Your Scroll MP3

In early morning prayer, Jesus dressed in a white long gown and embraced by a very bright light appeared before me and said the following to me: "Before we were born in the world, all of us were given a special mission by God."

Rev. Joshua Do Shick Joe

This life is a preparation for the next... all Christians are now on probation, to prove character and to test us for the world to come, to see what we'll do with the life we've been given, to test our repentance, how real it is, to test our obedience whether we plan to be an obedient Christian or not, to prove our faithfulness, to see what we'll do with time...

Fire on the Altar MP3

I have asked the Lord, "Jesus, why do you bless me like this?" "Because you passed my test," He answered. "How did I pass your test?" You fulfilled the Scripture," He said. "My test for the human race and the Church is obedience to the Scriptures." He said, "I don't have any other test except the Scriptures. Tell my people that there are blessings attached to each verse that is fulfilled by any believing Christian."

Norvel Hayes

Not long ago, the Lord gave me $200,000. I said, "Lord, what am I going to do with it? I don't need it. What did You give it to me for?" He said, "You passed my test." I said, "Passed your test? What in the world did I do to pass Your test?" He said, "You fulfilled a scripture. Tell them everywhere you go...tell them that the Bible is my test; every time they fulfill a scripture, tell them to never worry about the answers to their prayers."

Misguided Faith by Norvel Hayes.

"I don’t want you to wallow in sin and rebellion and guilt. I want you to thrive in unending peace and joy. There isn’t one human being on this planet that’s an accident. I hand formed you in your mother’s womb and I formed you for a purpose. I put before you a path of love and worship. And the degree with which you’ll experience love and joy and the good things of life is the degree to which you’ll bend to my will. ~ Jesus

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Or perhaps there is a Higher power but thru some surreal mechanization, was created by man. A God created by man, in mans own image and psychology....infact an insane God. That would explain alot!
edit on 27-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

NONE of us is here by accident.

Yeah very true... We're here cos our daddies had sexual intercourse with our mummies and visa vera of course, again, nothing really magical there either...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32

how does that mass of cells make us smile and laugh and be creative. then thought #...ther has to be something else

Yep, it's called a brain... It evolved over millions of years, nothing magical about it.

Perhaps it is only a brain and nothing spiritual...have you been surrounded by death often? Do you study the brain? How can anyone not think the brain is magical? In fact if there is nothing spiritual the brain is so #ing awesome that I believe it could do so much more we are unaware of. I actually prefer there is no god....its easier for me...things just simply die and energy is released into the next project...kind of like we are all made of stars.

Im probably the least religious person on this site...just to add.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

originally posted by: SoEpic

Too many wars.
Too much greed.

you're being deceived.

So many talk of Sad and evil world,

You make it happen, you are a part of it.

If you want change you have be that change first before you can ever see it.

The world is perfect and there is balance.

There only needs to be 1 drop/teaspoon of love to mix with the gallons and gallons of hate to create balance.

Try finding that 1 teaspoon and sharing with others, then you might see beauty among st all the horror.

I do what I can to make things nicer for others, only today I took a friend out for lunch who has been unemployed for a year.
I help other friends fix their cars, move house etc etc.

I can stop wars, I can't stop corporate greed etc

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
you're being deceived.

I almost put that sentence in the above post but decided not to.

Then I noticed you started your post with it...

How cool is that?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Why would I need to be around death? What does it have to do with anything? I am well aware of death XD

Do I study the brain? Not partuicularly intensely study it, but again I am aware of it and read bits about it from time to time, amazing yes, magical no... The brain HAS been studied and continues to be and much is known about it these days, so if you want to learn about how it works you can do that, because there is evidence and studies... Not so much for god and sprituality...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

lol youre a douche man...seriously why # with everyone on here...just go away...you don't know #...cause no one does...god i cant stand people like you...think you know everything...enter threads you dont care about...tough guy behind the safety of his computer
edit on 27-10-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I haven't lost my faith, but it changes. It isn't what it was 10 years ago and it's different than what it will be 10 years from now (if I am still alive). If your beliefs don't change and grow, then you aren't doing it right. That's my opinion. If you hang on too tight then you may be hanging on to something that will cause you to sink. Let go, learn, and move forward.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

Thats it i completley agree im not much good at putting my point of view across you said that very well..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join