It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

haven't seen this posted any where.twilight zone convoy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I don't believe to know everything but that to me looks like a supply of resources for an underground base, anyone know of nearby underground bunkers

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
"Commercial" vehicles make perfect cover for secret operations in plain sight.

Yes, but 50 of them in a row do not make for a good cover
An unmarked train or a few C30 transport planes is a much sneakier way of transporting anything "covert ops".

edit on 3/11/14 by Thill because: spelling

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

Yes, because with the millions of dollars they move DAILY this is the best they could come up with.

Lets look at some real numbers for a second.

I run ONE truck. I'm an IC, so costs are my responsibility.

In 2013, I spent over $107,000 just on fuel for my truck. Under the fuel rebate program, I got $78,900 of that paid back to me.

Now let's take Werner Enterprises, since I worked for them once upon a time. They have over 3,000 trucks, although that may have come down a little. At $3/gal, they were averaging around $40M a MONTH on fuel. That's over $400M a year. And they're on the rebate program too.

But the best they could do is a Special Olympics convoy?

Get real.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

But the best they could do is a Special Olympics convoy?

Get real.

Looks to me these Truck Convoy® are practice drills between truck drivers and law enforcement. Those might be FBI drivers for all we know. It's possible the lead truck had a Special Olympics banner on it and the guy who took the video obviously missed it. The Wal-mart and Coke trucks are there to make everything seem normal. It would look very odd to have 125 unmarked trucks on a 50-mile multi-agency coordinated exercise..

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Right, and they plastered it all over the industry to get FBI drivers.

You're all over the map. The evidence out here supports it being exactly what they claimed. It was in multiple driver magazines prior to it happening, advertising it happening.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

A money laundering scheme involving law enforcement, the trucking industry and the Special Olympics. Where there is smoke there is fire... Special Olympics were under investigation for a gambling racket in multiple states and a doping scandal. Source http://_national_report_dot_net_/doping-scandal-rocks-special-olympics-usa/ All for the kids? Where there is big money there is also lot's of corruption dude.
edit on 11/4/2014 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

So Conway, and Walmart, and FedEx all had FBI truck drivers driving their trucks, laundering money through Special Olympics. Wow. Just wow.

What part of "they move millions on a daily basis, and there are MUCH better ways for them to launder money" went over your head? Apparently all of it. A one time convoy is a pathetic amount of money, when they could launder billions over the course of a year.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

It only costs $100 to enter one of these truck convoys ( also have to sign a bunch of waivers. ) Truck drivers get a goodie bag at the end of the trek. Large checks are exchanged from corporations to non-profits. Maybe a B-b-q of hot dogs and Coca-Cola. But there were no sporting events. Let's agree on that... this was a fund raiser only. No special needs kids were competing in any events here. This was strictly an opportunity for law enforcement and the trucking industry and the corporations to launder money into a charity organization. I'm sure you realize how corrupt these charity organizations have shown to be susceptible to the same greed and graft like any other organization of human beings.

Have you noticed recently that the regular Olympics has become a political toy, extremely corrupt and destroys the integrity of international cooperation? Well, the Special Olympics are operated by the same design - corporate exploitation of special needs children.

Money changed hands, some truckers and cops ate hot dogs, and everybody felt good about participating in a useless thing waste of resources.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

And go back and read an earlier post, using real numbers. These companies spend hundreds of millions of dollars a year on fuel, and get back probably 90% of that or more through the rebate program. This convoy would have moved a few hundred thousand AT BEST. This is an idiotic way to launder money, when the fuel programs would move so much more that it's not even funny.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Well, now that the Truck Convoy® in Virginia is over, have you seen any news releases about how much money was handed over from the corporations to Special Olympics??

Usually, after a fundraiser, one of the executives comes out to make a statement about how successful the fundraiser was and how much money was scooped up for special needs kids.

Did this Truck Convoy® in Virginia make $250,000? $1,000,000? We don't know how much it made. I haven't been able to find any press releases about it.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Because it takes awhile to get all the information together. This isn't just one convoy moving across the country, it's a different convoy in every state, so they have to gather up the information from each state.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Because it takes awhile to get all the information together. This isn't just one convoy moving across the country, it's a different convoy in every state, so they have to gather up the information from each state.

Once the truckers reach the destination the checks are handed over. According to the pdf that was posted earlier there is a written procedure for the handing off of the corporate checks to the Special Olympics. The event coordinator would know the exact total at that moment and usually makes a publicity statement, etc. Right?

This is an interesting question because I think the event coordinator should have made a statement about how much money was collected but you seem to be saying that they will wait until all the convoys are done before they make a statement?

Where are these other convoys?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Because the money is handed over FOR THAT STATE. There were convoys all over the country in just about every state, which means that there was money raised in just about every state, which means it takes time to figure out how much money was actually raised.

But no matter how much was raised, it is still a pittance compared to what is moved daily by these companies, and annually in fuel alone.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

So you are saying that possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars (maybe millions) are changing hands for donations but not Coke, not Wal-Mart, not Con-way nor Special Olympics can say anything about it in the state of Virginia? That seems odd.

It's not normal to do that.

Usually the fund raiser collects the money and makes a statement about how much money they collected with pictures of the big donors (for publicity) and to "feel good" about the whole deal.

There are two things missing from the Virginia Truck Convoy®:
1. Special needs kids
2. How much money they made

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
For example, when my local public broadcast station is having a fund raiser, they remind me constantly how much money they need to raise and how much money they need to reach their goals.

Can the Truck Convoy® or Special Olympics claim that kind of transparency?

It looks like an excuse for law enforcement to have an operational exercise and a bar-b-que.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

They didn't set a goal that they wanted to raise. They raised what they could.

But apparently since it's not done to YOUR standards, it's GOT to be a conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join