It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 Democratic voter registrations in Georgia mysteriously dissapear

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I hate our government and our politicians...but I have to choose the lesser of two evils. The democrats, IN MY OPINION are unique in their stance. They believe that ANYTHING they have to do to win, including lying, cheating, etc. is just fine because they are ALWAYS correct in their views. They create groups such as ACORN, they allow Black Panther intimidation, when in office they choose which LAWS to enforce, and even the President lies to our faces...etc. They will tell you once in office that they will do whatever they want REGARDLESS of what the people want. Why? Because they truly believe THEY are the only right opinion.

So...with that simply said, I KNOW the dems lie, cheat and steal...I will always vote non-democrat for this reason. I would rather have the republicans (or someone else) in office than the HOLIER THAN THOU democrats that think the people are idiots. I don't wish to be ruled by people who look down upon me and ignore my wishes, beliefs and freedom. I'm tired of hearing about the bans on soda, the non-minority racism, the "everyone is great" mentality. I'm sick of the "everyone is a winner" lies and the "take your money to help others" stance.

Some people excel...others don't. You reward the intelligent and hardworking people, you don't penalize them for doing well. And like it or not...America is about dreams and freedom. Not handouts for people who don't or can't work towards those dreams. Don't get me wrong...I help people all the time. But I don't want a government of democrats taking money from the people, distributing it to others and pretending that THEY did something for these needy people. THEY DIDN'T. They do this to get votes and nothing else. Same with amnesty, etc.

So...yeah...whatever happened in this case, this story...the dems are the ones with a track record of getting votes in ANY manner they need to. I choose to believe they are up to something...because they always are. I will ALWAYS choose to vote for someone based upon their morals, their respect for the people and our way of life that give people an opportunity for success...and that is NEVER a progressive.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
cleveland.cbslocal.com...

How about this? She admitted to it. Now if a poll worker voted multiple times for Obama I'm sure she also let others do the same. I know this thread isn't about Obama but I just wanted to show people how crooked the Dems are and the things they will do to make sure their guy wins.
edit on 27-10-2014 by geldib because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

As I told you last time, if that's not a faulty machine, that would be election fraud.

Have you found any proof yet that there was a coordinated effort by anyone, anywhere to manipulate the machine(s)?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This would be sad if it wasn't so common- democratic voters being disenfranchised by the thousands. This happens around the country every election, why do people still stand for it?

thinkprogress.org...

Voter fraud is wrong whenever and wherever it takes place...but I know for a fact that at least where I live, if you have an ID with your address on it, you can vote even if you're not on the registration rolls. So, if it's the same in GA, then necessitating an ID to vote would actually be a good thing.

The problem I have with this (and some of the accusations of fraud by conservatives) is that what you are showing us is a POSSIBILITY of fraud. You, nor the people registering voters, know for a fact that this incongruent number in the state database is because of fraud, mistake by registrants, mistakes by registrars, or another non-nefarious issue. I've known people who have registered to vote before that forgot that they were already registered. I've read about people using the names of dead relatives or the recently deceased to try and register with intent to commit fraud (hopefully this would be caught before the name is officially registered with the county/state).

My point is, there could be a number of possibilities for the number discrepency. I'm sure some of the registrations were lost, misplaced or otherwise not turned in (intentionally or otherwise) because there is a human factor involved, but to see something and for the immediate reaction to be the whole they're-trying-to-disenfranchise-black-folk argument, it's quite ignorant and inflammatory because you don't have all the facts yet, and neither does "Think Progress."

While it's pretinent and vital to investigate this matter, it's also pertinent and vital to withhold inflammatory rhetoric and accusations until all available facts are known from the investigation.
edit on 27-10-2014 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: geldib

What about it? She voter four, or maybe 8 times illicitly?

Roast her. Throw the book at her. She's guilty as sin.

1. A dirty poll worker's actions would not be constrained by a photo ID. Neither would a dirty voting machine's.

2. Okay, she's convicted of voter fraud in the 2008 and 2012 Presidential election.

2008 Presidential Election, Ms. Richardson's eight votes divided by 5,708,305 votes cast = "voter fraud" incidence 0.0000014 %

2012 Presidential Election, Ms. Richardson's eight votes divided by 5,580,840 votes cast = "voter fraud" incidence 0.00000143%

Notice that I've given all 8 votes to both elections, since there was no specification given in the article of which election the votes were cast in, to make the point. The actual incidence would be even lower.

Your article also states this:

The Hamilton County Board investigation into voter fraud included 19 possible cases, and 28 subpoenas have been issued as a result of the investigation. The board originally started with 80 suspicious cases, according to WCPO.

So ... about three-quarters of the "suspicious cases" were proven not to be so, and 28 subpoenas have been issued (note that these are not actual findings) ... but lets' assume so and compare with Hamilton county's total number of votes in the 2012 Presidential election: 402,572. Ohio Election Results 2012 by County

So 28 / 402,572 = 0.00006955%

Yep, absolutely rampant.

edit on 8Mon, 27 Oct 2014 08:10:15 -050014p0820141066 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Every time this issue comes up, the numbers of actual cases of voter fraud speak very clearly. Virtually zero.

When forced to face this fact, the answer from the Right is always "Well, it could be happening, it might be happening, I'm afraid it might be happening, I believe it could be possibly happening somewhere sometime."

And actually, that's not surprising. The right-wing/Republican media has worked very hard to create this perception in the faithful.

But it's not factual. Every case that gets investigated produces the same results: virtually non-existent.

It's a problem of a fact-based versus a belief-based way of looking at the world.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Indeed people should not put up with this. They need to force the government to require proof of citizenship to vote. No exceptions. Force the whiney types to get a voting ID when they pick up their welfare ebt or wic. Tired of hearing about how an ID that wont cost anything will put a burden on poor people.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

That Snopes story looks like controlled opposition.

Hmmm.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Is this more complaining about democrats not being able to break the law to win elections again?

Check THIS out

Never happens, right?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

From the actual, real article that the wingnuts at Breitbart misrepresented paraphrased:

Washington Post Article - Jesse Richman and David Earnest

In a forthcoming article in the journal Electoral Studies, we bring real data from big social science survey datasets to bear on the question of whether, to what extent, and for whom non-citizens vote in U.S. elections. Most non-citizens do not register, let alone vote.

We also find that one of the favorite policies advocated by conservatives to prevent voter fraud appears strikingly ineffective. Nearly three quarters of the non-citizens who indicated they were asked to provide photo identification at the polls claimed to have subsequently voted.

Okay, fair enough, most rational people understand these facts ... but what did the actual research show?

Our data comes from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES). Its large number of observations (32,800 in 2008 and 55,400 in 2010) provide sufficient samples of the non-immigrant sub-population, with 339 non-citizen respondents in 2008 and 489 in 2010.

So ... the numbers compiled in this study are 1% and less than 1% (0.008) of a small SURVEY GROUP FROM HARVARD (Yes, these numbers were taken from a survey not from actual voting records or statistics- Cooperative Congressional Election Study at Harvard)

Furthermore, from the article about the study:

There are obvious limitations to our research, which one should take account of when interpreting the results. Although the CCES sample is large, the non-citizen portion of the sample is modest, with the attendant uncertainty associated with sampling error.

So, let's see ... if you gathered together all of the illegals that this study shows might have voted together and had them all vote the same way (there's no indication that all these possible voters voted for Democrats) you might be able to sway the very closest of elections (like the Minnesota Senatorial) for national office or maybe a few for Local School Board or Sanitation Supervisor.

Again, I don't expect this to sway anyone's cherished partisan beliefs ... the facts are merely the facts.
edit on 15Mon, 27 Oct 2014 15:01:44 -050014p0320141066 by Gryphon66 because: NOted

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The GOP can only win by cheating. Nothing new. All it takes is money. How much have YOU got?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Anything that opposes Conservative theory is "Controlled Opposition" to you though. That is obvious. The difference is that at least Snopes provides Evidence to support their side. You only provide, well, nothing to support yours.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This video seemed appropriate for this thread. (Warning: Some Graphic Language)

Please Don't Vote - A Message From The Republican Party

edit on 27-10-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328>>> Lots of people will vote even if they don't show up at the polls. They're registered somebody will cast their ballot for them or at least the voting booth will have somebody voting in it when nobody's looking. Its urban precincts where its far the worst although now it can be done electronically.
They can also change the tallies electronically anyway. If the powers that be decide they want the GOP to win, then the GOP will win no matter what the voters want. Just like when Obama won, the voters weren't included in the decision making process.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

If that were the case then we'd see participation rate at >90% all around the country. That's not the case though. The national participation of the last presidential election was less than 60%.

I mean, if we had 100% of registered voters voting in every election for years on end then, maybe, I might see some indication of what you suggest.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Every time this issue comes up, the numbers of actual cases of voter fraud speak very clearly. Virtually zero.

When forced to face this fact, the answer from the Right is always "Well, it could be happening, it might be happening, I'm afraid it might be happening, I believe it could be possibly happening somewhere sometime."

And actually, that's not surprising. The right-wing/Republican media has worked very hard to create this perception in the faithful.

But it's not factual. Every case that gets investigated produces the same results: virtually non-existent.

It's a problem of a fact-based versus a belief-based way of looking at the world.

So following your logic, which you have borrowed from every other liberal that wants people to look in the other direction...we should wait until people are caught fixing an election before making sure they can't? Really? I guess I should stop locking my door until someone breaks in too. Brilliant!

PS: Voting Machines Change Rep Votes to Dems
edit on 10/27/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Aside from it being a point of faith for those of you on the right-wing ... why are you so surprised that Democrats win elections?

The answer is simple: there are more Democrats than Republicans in the United States.

In every poll for the last 15 years or so, Americans identifying as Democrats outnumber those identifying as Republican.

Gallup

Pew Research

I know that part of the problem is that you guys listen almost exclusively to Fox News, Rush, Hannity, etc., who don't mind outright lying to you to make you feel like you're in the overwhelming majority, and then goading you when you lose.

I look forward to a Republican win in the Senate this year, thanks to the gerrymandering effort Red State legislatures ... why?

Because maybe, just maybe, that'll stop the whining for a while.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

And who are you borrowing your "logic" from ... every two-bit wingnut blog in the echo chamber?

Do you have proof of massive voter fraud? Stop trying to muddy the water with irrelevancies.

You say there's massive voter fraud? PROVE IT.

Or why not admit that it's just a point of faith for you, as you said above you BELIEVE it regardless of all facts, results of investigations, piles of evidence.

ALL Democrats are lying, evil, cheating individuals. All of them, everywhere. You don't have any evidence for it, you just BEELEEVE it.

Honestly, the current right-wing looks more and more like a cult every day.

EDIT

As for your Fox News link, here' the rest of the story: WBAL-TV Baltimore, Maryland "Voting Machines Taken out of Service"

Some of the concerns are turning out to be anecdotal. For example, someone using the Towson University early voting center tweeted that the machine flipped their vote but no complaint was made to the judges.

Chief Democratic Judge Denise Isaac said voters always get the last say on whether their ballot was cast the way they intended.

"When they've completed, the machine reviews everything they've voted so they can see, they can check and make any changes that they want," Isaac said. "The final vote is not cast until that person has a chance to look at everything that they've voted and they make their final decision."

A female voter in Howard County did complain to a judge. She told 11 News by phone that when she cast a ballot at the library for a Republican candidate on machine No. 18, the machine beeped and then her choice flipped over to the Democratic candidate. She said this happened repeatedly. Finally an election judge gave her a pencil with an eraser head to punch in her choice and that worked.

Officials in Frederick County believe the so-called vote-flipping problem was a "calibration issue" and they said a machine was removed from service and replaced.

(BTW, Frederick County government is overwhelmingly Republican, so is the logic here that Republicans are jimmying the machines for Democrats?)

edit on 16Mon, 27 Oct 2014 16:46:15 -050014p0420141066 by Gryphon66 because: NOted

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

You say there's massive voter fraud? PROVE IT.

This topic is possible proof.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I look forward to a Republican win in the Senate this year, thanks to the gerrymandering effort Red State legislatures ... why?

I agree with a lot of what you say but, as far as I know, gerrymandering has no impact on senate elections. The -only- reason the GOP holds the house by the majority they do is gerrymandering. The reason the GOP will win the senate is voter apathy, most people vote during presidential elections. When more people vote, Democrats win.

Voter ID is about preventing otherwise eligible voters from voting altogether. If it wasn't about that then why make it so hard to prove you are who you say you are? Canada requires ID to vote...but you can show something like 50 different ways to prove you are who you say you are. In America we can only seem to come up with eight? Really?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join