It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'False rape' cases soar inIndian Capital as number of acquittals hits 78 per cent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Rape is sinister, but perhaps equally sinister is the use of false rape charges as a tool to extort vulnerable men.

Data from Delhi Police show 616 rape and 1,336 molestation cases were registered between January 1 and April 30.

This is a 36 per cent rise in rape cases against the 450 cases registered in the same period of last year.

Though there is an increase in the number of rape cases, the percentage of the "accused" being acquitted has shot up considerably too.

"In 2013, 1,559 rape and 3,347 molestation cases were registered as compared to 680 rape and 653 incidents of molestation in 2012. However, the acquittal rate in rape cases was 46 per cent in 2012, while it shot up to 78 per cent in 2013.

"Acquittals remain high so far this year as well, accounting for around 72 per cent of the cases," a senior police officer said, on condition of anonymity.

In a recent case, three domestic helps from Jharkhand had registered rape cases against their employers to extort money from them.

The racket was exposed as one individual was common in the complaints filed by the three in all the separate cases, which raised suspicion.

They complainants later confessed that the charges were fabricated before a city court, which directed the police to probe the matter.

"Few years back, I came to the Capital from Jharkhand seeking a job. A placement agency helped me find employment.

"However, salary of around eight months was not paid by the agency and when I went there seeking the dues, people at the placement agency suggested that I file a false rape case against my employer.

"When I refused to do so, they threatened me of dire consequences and I was forced to file a false rape case with the East district police against my owner and his friend in October 2013," one of the women told Mail Today.

She broke down during the trial at a city court and revealed the truth.

"I disclosed all the facts before the judge. Later, the judge exonerated them and asked the Delhi Police to investigate the matter.

Problem in these cases are the woman who deliberately charge these false cases cannot be charged for such while men have to often go through jail, isolation from society family , loosing a job and loosing his status and self respect among the family and those around him and not to mention demonised . Seems like Delhi is the rape Capital of the world where women mind rape men . This is true in most of the Urban areas across India . Not denying there is a problem with Rapes but also showing the other side of the picture seems far harsher than the side most sea.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Unfortunately scams are rife in India . A friend got robbed of his Amex traveller checks first day trekking in India . He was subsequently guided to the police station then the Amex office by his attackers . However 72 percent seems to be way to high for my liking .

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Unfortunately scams are rife in India . A friend got robbed of his Amex traveller checks first day trekking in India . He was subsequently guided to the police station then the Amex office by his attackers . However 72 percent seems to be way to high for my liking .

Depends on where you are , India is not really one nation one culture like other countries , every state is different so your experience in one state will be different than experience in other state . One state maybe worse of than Africa in HDI while another may have European standards in HDI (Kerala) .

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Are you saying scams are indexed to development

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

It is not just India. In Florida there was a group of girls that constantly brought false rape charges. A different girl each time would bring the charges. Many men were convicted and have not been cleared to this day. The prosecutions were very aggressive. The prosecutors were suppressing evidence, motions and testimony against one man until his mother stood up in court interrupting everyone and said "I can put a stop to this right now!" She took the young man into the judges chambers and showed the judge that the man had been born without a penis. The girls were not charged with anything and their group still exists today with a eugenics bent to it.
edit on 26-10-2014 by freeenergymobile because: Typo Helper

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Are you saying scams are indexed to development

Yes, scams are more prevalent in places where there is less education , investment and employment. Not claiming there are zero scams in more developed places but the difference is rather clear . More developed, employed , educated and money which comes into a society it is less likely those societies will be involved in any illicit activities . That is true even to terrorism , people become terrorists more to feed their families than for ideological causes . They might get brainwashed after they join . Families of the suicide bombers are promised to be looked after by these terror organizations so suicide bombing doesn't look to bad when your family is being fed and when they get a chance to strike back on their oppressors(part of the propaganda).In fact these terrorists are paid far more than even most countries pay their soldiers.
edit on 26-10-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: freeenergymobile

I bet these are the same women who go around screaming Feminism . Feminism claiming to be not Anti men but pro women is like Clu clux clan claiming they are not anti black but pro white .

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I have to agree to disagree .I get warnings all the time via text email and even occasionally television . But back on topic do you agree that 72 percent of cases being dismissed is a little high .

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I have to agree to disagree .I get warnings all the time via text email and even occasionally television . But back on topic do you agree that 72 percent of cases being dismissed is a little high .

Its way to high , but its the unfortunate truth especially in Urban areas .

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Something is a little off when it comes to the culture of men in India. Hundreds of them standing, starring on every busy street corner is a little off putting. It reminds me a pack of lions looking at the herd gazelle's around dinner time.
edit on 26-10-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Something is a little off when it comes to the culture of men in India. Hundreds of them standing, starring on every busy street corner is a little off putting. It reminds me a pack of lions looking at the herd gazelle's around dinner time.

Something is a little off when it comes to the culture of men in the west. Hundreds of them standing, starring on every busy street corner is a little off putting. It reminds me a pack of lions looking at the herd gazelle's around dinner time.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Something is a little off when it comes to the culture of men in the west. Hundreds of them standing, starring on every busy street corner is a little off putting. It reminds me a pack of lions looking at the herd gazelle's around dinner time.

Even i can make uneducated stereotypical borderline racist comments

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Something sounds a mite off. If the chances of a successful prosecution fall dramatically then if the accusers have even a shred of intelligence it would tell them their chances of success would be dramatically reduced therefore there should be less accusations not more. But then it mentions that one woman was threatened to bring a rape accusation. So basically what your saying is is not a rise of rapes but a rise in rape based scams, hence the high detection rate of finding them erroneous.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Really......Look past your political correctness. India is well known for having a woman rights issues this is not conjecture it is fact. This is a cultural problem.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I find it quite interesting that is automatically assumed that these 78% are false claims, and not either cases of lack of evidence, or a sign of a very corrupt, mysogenistic society.

Easier to blame the women, I guess...

top topics

join