It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Hangs Woman for Killing 'Alleged' Rapist

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I can't believe they actually hanged this woman for killing her attacker. I guess in Iran you are just supposed to 'lie there and take it' if some sicko decided he wants to rape you. More backwards crap from a Muslim nation. It isn't just the extremists that are nuts...it is the governments too.

I am sure some moron will come on here defending this as a 'cultural difference' or something, but come on...this is just sick.

TEHRAN, Iran – Iran hanged a woman on Saturday who was convicted of murdering a man she alleged was trying to rape her, drawing swift international condemnation for a prosecution several countries described as flawed.

Source

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

this story is too sad.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Such a sad sad story, we hear in America how outraged people are about womens rights here, but then you look across the pond at situations like this and its heart breaking.......

This is TRUE rights violations.........

Cue the excuse makers on the thread for a country led by Islam........

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

In this circumstance seems she planned the murder after the rape. So in fact is guilty of murder should she have gotten the death penalty well probably not do to the circumstances. But in Iran there punishments for a crime are set according to their laws not ours. So she was convicted of premeditated murder by buying a knife than walking up and stabbing him in the back. In any country this would be murder just the sentencing would be different.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Whatever happened to stoning....Now that's a true middle eastern tradition.....and dual purpose too...(.sarc off)

Hanging people is what all governments do.....
The idea that humans do not oppress humans where ever they may be in this world is mere idealistic bumfodderbushwa......throw off your conditioning!

Is it any more of a shame than any other of a million unjust deaths that happen every day......I think not....
Its just the way we roll.......humanity rythmes with insanity....

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Seems i have to agree . If the prosecutions facts are indeed true . However if they are true one could imagine the same result in the USA . Murder is murder . Their laws . I would like to see what amnesty's evidence is for the serious flaws claim. I do not agree with capitol punishment .It is wrong and it makes us as a society no better than the person being executed . However i don't live in Iran .

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
In some places a woman who is raped will be killed for family honor.
A rape isn't always rape, sometimes it's a death sentence for the victim as well.
If this is the way things are in Iran then she may have gotten the only justice she could.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
No matter where humans are...brutality is how we do business....

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The pre-meditated murder is the accusation. The other side of the story, her side, is different. She was lured, raped, stabbed him in the shoulder, ran away and called for an ambulance for him.

The son of the man she killed said if she changed her story about being raped he would let her live.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

This is the key word here is alleged.

Is there any in depth info on the case? Cause it could just be a lie made up to try and get off, its not like Women in the west dont get caught lying on the same thing to weadle of murder charges.

Unless there more info then I cant judge.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

I can't believe they actually hanged this woman for killing her attacker. I guess in Iran you are just supposed to 'lie there and take it' if some sicko decided he wants to rape you. More backwards crap from a Muslim nation. It isn't just the extremists that are nuts...it is the governments too. I am sure some moron will come on here defending this as a 'cultural difference' or something, but come on...this is just sick.

Every country has it's laws. How can you call them sick when US has three strikes laws and is the only developed country in the world that still has death sentence. And what about all of the 'testing drugs' that caused a prisoner to die in pain for hours?

Every country has it's laws. And you have to respect them, no matter how backwards they seem to be!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: baburak

I agree. Women should accept rape and take it. If not kill them.

Because ... laws and stuff.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Cheap talk, or you're trying to look civilized, or you're muslim.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Cheap talk, or you're trying to look civilized, or you're muslim.

None of that. I am just trying to make you see double standards. While you support stupid laws that kill and torture people in your own country, you criticize laws in the country across the world. Simple logic.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

You're trying to divert the discussion to a different topic. That's all.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Can you give an example of a US law that is the same as this law where a woman who is raped is killed for defending herself? Or other Arab laws where women who are raped are sent to jail for pre-marital sex if they report it to the police?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

You're trying to divert the discussion to a different topic. That's all.

Not at all. Every country in the world has it's laws. And you have no right to criticize them if you support equally stupid and dangerous laws in your own country. It's the residents of the country who have to push to change the laws if they don't agree with them.

How many people died in the US in the last year because of it failed laws? Did you bother to criticize them or try to make a difference? I guess no. You respect those laws, even if they kill innocent people. But you don't like the laws of the other country, that do the same.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

How about you answer my last post concerning laws.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join