It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obamacare news just keeps getting worse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
One of those Obama.Care "Delays" is apparently expiring and the impact will be disastrous for many people.

The ACA dictates that *ALL* insurance policies meet the minimum standard in the law.

As it stood, many if not most policies did not meet the minimums.

The devastation was delayed by the Administration and some States "allowed" old policies to be extended.

Now apparently that delay is ending.

Now what?

The article focuses on Wal-Mart employees.

And I wonder if the "New" policies will be in the same Networks as the "Old".

Many might be losing their doctors and hospitals.

Those 30,000 Wal-Mart employees who are losing their health insurance aren’t alone. There’s another huge wave of cancellations of health plans coming.

Fox News reported that 13 states and the District of Columbia are cancelling plans that are not in compliance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as Obamacare. Virginia will be the hardest hit, with some 250,000 families losing their health insurance.

Of course, all of the plans being canceled now weren’t in compliance a year ago. But back then, President Obama asked that they be granted a reprieve from enforcement. That is now coming to an end. As a result, hundreds of thousands more people will lose their health insurance.

The Obamacare news just keeps getting worse

Now What ?

Who Gets Hurt the Worst ?

Who Benefits the Most ?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Just wait until the elections are over.
You ain't seen nothing yet.

I've resisted the urge to imbed a BTO song.
You're welcome.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

Wonder why those changes don't kick in until after the election? Hhmmm?

Something smells fishy and it ain't fish.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Greetings and Salutations- But it saves the 'average' China...uh....er.... Walmart™ customer .88¢ on 'average'.. Nobody who works there any longer than 32 hrs. this way they can still work 'overtime' and NOT get the 1.5x pay NOR do they qualify for health insurance through the employer.. If one or 2 of the Waltons were on the "Most Wealthy List" it would really suck... Oh wait...

I call their plastic bags "Flori-Duh Tumbleweeds" and I guess the prisoners that keep getting 'railroaded' to the local "for profit jail" have better things to do than police the roadways as I see more and more of them littered about...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hell's bells I'm still waiting for the savings I was promised.
edit on 25-10-2014 by Gully because: spelling

edit on 25-10-2014 by Gully because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully
Hell's bells I'm still waiting for the savings I was promised.

You will be waiting a long time. It will happen right after Hell freezes, or Obama does something good for the average person.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
"Now what" means that those in states that didn't sign up for ACA exchanges (ALL Republican ones) people will lose their healthcare coverage.

In States that DID sign up, it will be business as normal.

Don't blame Obamacare if you're in one of those States - blame your Republican Governor for not participating.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
"Now what" means that those in states that didn't sign up for ACA exchanges (ALL Republican ones) people will lose their healthcare coverage.

Don't blame Obamacare if you're in one of those States - blame your Republican Governor for not participating.

I'm not sure the "exchanges" have anything to do with the costs of policies.

"Exchange" rated policies are available either way.

It's the "subsidies" that may be in question.

But the "subsidies" don't include any deductible expenses.

And, not all have Republican Governors (most do).

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

Except there is an exchange for everyone, even if a particular state chose not to run their own, the Federal Exchange is still available to everyone. So your post is a bit inaccurate.

The official health insurance marketplace for State's not running their own exchange is www. healthcare.gov

top topics

join