It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing Bigfoot....The TV Show

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The GCBRO will be taking us thru the south in their pursuit of bagging a hairy one. This is quite the departure from the BFRO's "Finding Bigfoot" TV show, or even the "Bigfoot Bounty" more scientific approach. Here's a few links about the show. Seems they've decided the gulf coast BF are lesser than the pacific west coast variety.

www.dreadcentral.com...

Backround on the GCBRO's approach

www.oln.ca...

I used to be a no-kill proponent, however that's been changing. I'm on the fence still about going all rambo on them, but I can say in certain area's it's making more & more sense.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Thankfully they will be trying to kill an animal in places it cannot exist. This would be more disturbing if it was in canada or asia.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
That's one small step backwards for man....one giant leap backwards for mankind"

When will we ever learn?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: James1970

I can understand your reasoning being as the Yowies (from reports) have different behavior than what is seen out of the southern Bigfoot. Maybe if you lived in the american south your opinion would be different?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

Todd Standings drama up in Alberta wasn't appalling?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Destination America? More like Redneck America!

They started with Mountain Monsters which is pretty dang funny. Then they went a step further and brought in Alaska Monsters...Northern Rednecks looking for creatures in the "Alaska Triangle." Now Killing Bigfoot...Cajun Rednecks trying to kill Bigfoot. I would guess Hipster Monsters will be next...Hipster Rednecks looking for Bigfoot while sipping PBR.

I would like to see a crossover show in which the boys from Killing Bigfoot run into Bobo and his band of misfits. I would think the Killing Bigfoot boys would have Bobo stuffed and mounted before they realized he's not a Squatch.

Right now on Destination America they're showing Monsters Underground which is worse than the others!

All of these shows have one thing in common...no Bigfoot, no monsters...Just grainy photos once in a while and a lot of missed chances.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
If it does exist, it's an intelligent species that shouldn't be killed to prove its existence. Why not use tranquilizing darts? There's a lot we can learn if we could capture one alive and observe it for awhile. We may even be able to communicate with it.

If it can avoid being captured for all these years, it's probably the most intelligent animal like species out there. It doesn't seem to be aggressive towards humans, but sounds like it has unintentionally scared some who have crossed their paths. I still can't understand why we could never find where there dens are located or why we have never found skeletal remains of a dead big foot.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Not sure of the video. To be honest Im not a big tv guy. Im out of touch a lot.

I just have spent a lifetime in the woods all over america. And I know in the last 200 years there have been millions of people like me...

If there is a bigfoot that hasn't been discovered it will have to be somewhere we outdoors people don't go a lot.

Reports of a large apeman in the US is completely laughable.

all imo of course.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Everyones entitled to their opinion. No harm, no foul.

To WeRpeons
Like I said I used to share your opinion. Unfortunately not all reports are made public. In different area's they certainly are aggressive, this is backed up by historical reports by Native Americans or First Nations in these same areas. South Western BC is just one of these areas.

As far as using tranquilizer darts, well it makes sense, but the variables are such that in the field it becomes impractical . We haven't a clue about the appropriate dosage plus as large as the BF are reported to be, a semi-doped individual is going to be extremely difficult to deal with. JMO of course.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
At the risk of letting my ire out of check for a moment, I hope we end up with a few mysterious disappearances from this endeavor.

"...and the camera was just lying there on the path, nothing but static recorded..."

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Everyones entitled to their opinion. No harm, no foul.

To WeRpeons
Like I said I used to share your opinion. Unfortunately not all reports are made public. In different area's they certainly are aggressive, this is backed up by historical reports by Native Americans or First Nations in these same areas. South Western BC is just one of these areas.

As far as using tranquilizer darts, well it makes sense, but the variables are such that in the field it becomes impractical . We haven't a clue about the appropriate dosage plus as large as the BF are reported to be, a semi-doped individual is going to be extremely difficult to deal with. JMO of course.

You can't prove the exist but you can prove they're aggressive? Exactly how does that work?

Obviously, the people who propose to do this are aggressive. Would the same solution be appropriate when applied to them? Just asking.
edit on 24-10-2014 by Tangerine because: added the question

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well let's hope that they don't take revenge if one of their own gets killed. Wrap your mind around that and then be glad we haven't succeeded yet,that we know of. I would be terrified to meet one also. I've read some really strange stories about them. I hope this show fails like the others. I'd rather not know if that is the way I have to learn. I wonder how many people would never go into the woods again if they knew they were real. It could also mean that we are not ready for other worldly contact for the masses. I guess I'm just seeing the worst in things lately. But sometimes that's all there is to read. They are quicker than us and that pisses people off. That's why there are shows like this on the horizon.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

What would be the point of killing it? I don't get why if people see something unusual, they automatically want it to die. I get that it could be aggressive...but, so can humans, should we start shooting them too?
edit on 25-10-2014 by U4ea82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
It's wrong to kill him/her. you don't have to kill someone in order to prove he/she exists. Just because people are afraid doesn't mean it's right to kill.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Let's put some stuff into perspective. Killing a Bigfoot is akin to killing a human being. These creatures, whatever they are, have/belong to a family unit.
The U.S. Military has encountered them, and they respect them and leave them alone. Let's put some more game cameras out there. They will slip and we will catch them.

Kratos

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: U4ea82

Killing a Bigfoot would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the existence of these creatures. Once proven, they could granted protected species status. Until then, they are a myth.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
[quote

You can't prove the exist but you can prove they're aggressive? Exactly how does that work?

Obviously, the people who propose to do this are aggressive. Would the same solution be appropriate when applied to them? Just asking.

I knew this exact response from someone would be tossed up as an actual debate point. My answer to you is, number one this thread isn't about proving or disproving their existence. Tossing in the ring "you can't prove they exist" just derails the conversation.

I respect that you have a differing opinion, but this thread is about A new TV show featuring the GCBRO and the tact they are currently taking versus previous TV shows and other well known research organizations.

Did you watch the show?
Did you read the links?
Have you watched the previous TV shows I mentioned for comparison?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Anyone know who these guys are. ie, names, Military records, previous "Action" involved in.?

The men of the GCBRO are not wishy-washy Cryptozoologists. These are men of action, military-types who are convinced that what they are seeing and experiencing is real.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Schwallyjdog

Very Valid observation. That's been one of the sticking points for years. Sure you can go out there guns a'blazing, but are you going to come out of the woods afterwards?

I'm not too worried about the show gaining popularity like Duck Dynasty or some such since there are only a few episodes and to my knowledge no more were planned. In the last few years the subject has been rising on a bubble of popularity, but like all bubbles will burst and the companies who make them will run off to the next "new thing".

As stated in my OP, I used to be a no-kill proponent. Heck I currently live rural and while I see the need for firearms in the course of daily living ( rabid skunks, copperheads, rats ect...) I've seen the flip side with folks wasting ammunition just screwing around. I don't endorse horseplay with weapons. OR the rambo attitudes some people have in conjunction with killing everything that moves to beef up their ego's.

But once again that's Off-topic since really this thread is about the latest version of a Research groups methods and their new TV program versus previous shows.

Prior to this we has the 70's shows such as Sightings ( more I'm forgetting) that morphed into Finding Bigfoot, which morphed into "lets get scientific" Bigfoot Bounty and now we've come full circle with "Killing Bigfoot".
It's been an interesting transition watching this all unfold over the decades.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: U4ea82

The idea behind this is to produce a "type specimen" to finally document their existence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join