It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need an adult

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Hmm, I'm a little hungry. I should cook those fries and get rid of them. Now let me rest my eyes for a minute...

The f is that smell? Oh, I probably just overcooked something. Wait, I don't cook. Why is the dog being weird? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
on the bright side, you can repurpose them into charcoal

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
As long you don't burn down the house is all good, just get some ketchup and they will be ok
edit on 24-10-2014 by Indigent because: i still would eat that before some snails

if ketchup does not do the trick just think you made a batch out of these

edit on 24-10-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
pro tip# set a timer on your mobile phone, say ten minutes. to check then repeat.
pro tip# most baked food is comfortably cooked at usualy at 160-170 degrees celsius. 325 F
pro tip# buy baking paper or grease proof paper and lay it on the tray, and use it when cooking anything that goes in the oven, bacon, sausages, chips,pizza whatever. non stick helps with washing up. NEVER STICK IT UNDER THE GRILL.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

A very weird part of me keeps saying "just scrape it off".

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

I don't get to say duh.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Classic

I burned water once.

Left a pot of water to boil on the stove for hard boiled eggs only to be sidetracked by something very important. It was so important that I forget what it was now.

Then another time, I was missing some badly needed ingredients for my pasta sauce so I put it on low and walked out the door and hopped in the car and away I went. At the store I met an old friend who I hadn't seen in years, He and I had a few beers.

By the time I got back I had a very condensed version of pasta sauce to scrape from the pot.

Actually in both instances, the pots were ruined.
edit on 24-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I think every male that goes to college alone have scrap it off at some point in life, i know i have eat my share of charcoal too.

Actually not only males, my wife the other day was making some chicken soup and she went to dry her hair, it ended as a pile of bouillon cube
edit on 24-10-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Indigent

A very weird part of me keeps saying "just scrape it off".

thereś gotta be some good potato under that, it's just a coating!"

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
pour some pasta sauce over them or ketchup and some onion and cheese and melt it for 10 minutes have a few beers and they will be sweet

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
i've seen it done bro, google en papillote lol.
"but chef i thought it was...fuuuu

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

We should probably be removing beers from this equation.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

It was so important that I forget what it was now.

Lady friend watching your posts?

Brown chicken brown cow!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

We should probably be removing beers from this equation.

Great safety tip

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Just pretend it's Cajun.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
When you burn french fries, the asparagaines in the fry turn to acrylamides and they give an overpowering smell. A small amount of acrylamides tastes good but too much tastes terrible. An asparagaine is a chemical similar to aspartame, but it is spun different than aspartame and actually beneficial if consumed moderately. They are trying to lower the asparaganes in potatoes so the toxic effects of acrylamide doesn't form. But to get the yummy taste they will need to put in some other chemical, which will probably be worse.

I'm thinking that since a little acrylamide in food tastes so great that it has some sort of beneficial effect on our bodies. All research shows it is bad, but I can't believe that is true as we have been desiring the taste for a long time. It even forms when we cook meats. Now, there must be something positive it does in our body. The conversion of the chemicals denatures the doping effect of asparagaines on the body, so sometimes it is a little beneficial to cancel this by conversion. I feel there is still something more than this though. Blood requires an acryl chemistry to form. But that is speculation at best as to why we crave this taste.

Another words, in simpler terms, is throw those fries out and next time watch so you don't get them that dark again. It stinks up the whole house. Learn from your mistakes, set a timer.
edit on 24-10-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
My family is positive that I learned to cook in the Chicago fire, but they're wrong. It was the great Seattle fire.

I hear charcoal is good for digestion, so I usually have burnt toast for breakfast.

On the plus side, my children are not picky eaters. If I frost a cake, or put a sauce over any dish, they know that wonderful burnt taste lies below!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
1500 calories burned in 45 minutes. Not bad.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Classic

I burned water once.

Left a pot of water to boil on the stove for hard boiled eggs only to be sidetracked by something very important. It was so important that I forget what it was now.

Then another time, I was missing some badly needed ingredients for my pasta sauce so I put it on low and walked out the door and hopped in the car and away I went. At the store I met an old friend who I hadn't seen in years, He and I had a few beers.

By the time I got back I had a very condensed version of pasta sauce to scrape from the pot.

Actually in both instances, the pots were ruined.

i have had the same, set water to boil. went out got drunk, woke up next day to pot with NO BASE.
burned clean through. stove ruined, plastic handle close to spontaneous ignition

ahh to be 16 and moved out of home again.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I think that burnt taste is a medicine. You have to make sure you don't take too much medicine though.
So you are practicing to be a pharmacist?

<<   2 >>

join