It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the End in Sight for the Honey Boo-Boo TV Show?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
And from the 'who cares but it's a rainy afternoon so we have to chat about something' dept - Some good/bad tabloid news ....Good News - the Honey Boo-Boo show may be about to be cancelled. Bad News - the sick reason why.

Okay ... I admit I don't watch this show. I've seen enough clips of it to know it's mindless trash and it shouldn't be on TV. Glamorizing and rewarding people for being fat and stupid .... that's not entertainment and it's not good for anyone, including the fat stupid people. (although, sadly, it's good for their bank accounts )

Honey Boo-Boo is the pudgy six year old girl with a heavy southern accent who goes to (or used to go to) kiddie beauty pageants. Her mother, Mama June, has a few kids by different baby daddies and, until recently, had a 'partner' named Sugar Bear. Mama June weighed in at 365 pounds but came down to 265 pounds during filming. She recently ditched her man-friend Sugar Bear and has openly taken up with a man who was found guilty of child molestation .. of one of her relatives.

TMZ contacted the producers of The Honey Boo-Boo show and they aren't happy and are now considering canceling the show.

TMZ - Mama June Dating Man Who Molested Child Relative

We contacted TLC, which produces "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo." The official says, "TLC is not currently in production on HERE COMES HONEY BOO BOO. We are very concerned about this new information and are reassessing the future of the series."

There should be no question about it - the show should be canceled. They can't have a child molester as a reality tv star. He'd be included in the filming.

Heck, the show never should have aired to begin with. Celebrating fat and stupid ...

At least the show seems like it's headed for the trash can. That's good. I hope that CPS is taking a long hard look at Mama June. She's endangering her child. (heck, she has been for years but now a child molester is in the mix).

edit on 10/23/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Dead air on the TV in it's time slot is more beneficial to society than the show. I hope they can it for good.

It was degrading in so many ways, I can't count them.

Des

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Good lord.
Sorry, but stupidity knows no bounds, and this show proves it.
Not only should the show be cancelled, but sounds like "momma" needs to be investigated by CPS, for having this man in her children's life.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Who watches this crap??? No, I don't wanna know. The ads I've seen are too much for me. A full 1/2 hour would drive me insane, I'm sure.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Who watches this crap???

Pedophiles, low rent trash, and people who like to watch human train-wrecks so they feel better about themselves. - IMHO

Hollywood Reporter - Honey Boo Boo: That Joke That Isn't Funny Anymore

Which brings us back to that allure. Some people watch because they are entertained by the spectacle of it, apparently without realizing how awful and soul-crushing it is. Others -- let’s say this is you -- watch it because you get the wink-wink that TLC is giving the country and other people like you. It’s the green light to laugh at rednecks and fat people, which is how Honey Boo Boo’s mother, June, aka Mama, readily describes the family

Huffington Post - How Dumb Must You Be To Watch Honey Boo Boo

12 Celebrities Who Love Honey Boo Boo
Johnny Depp, Miley Cyrus, Rosie O'Donnell, Tina Fey, Anderson Cooper, Bristol Palin, Jennifer Lawrence, Snooki, JWOWW, Brad Paisley, La Toya Jackson, MIranda Lambert
edit on 10/23/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I'vw watched more intelligent test patterns, personally.

If Honey Boo-Boo goes off the air, only 17 people will get upset.

(ironically, 12 of them are actually named Marley-Sue)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Johnny Depp? Aw man say it ain't so. I'm sure he just watches to ridicule it. Ya that must be it...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
People complain about the violence and sex on tv and how it affects society.

It's trash like Honey Boo Boo, fake hillbilly millionaires, real hillbilly Bigfoot chasing ghost hunting moonshiners that concern me more. Why do we need so called "train wreck" programming? Why do people feel the need to see someone who is fatter, dumber, or in a not as civilized position in life in order to feel better about themselves? It lowers everyone to find entertainment in, or worse revel in, the perceived shortcomings of others.

Do we as a society really feel so bad about ourselves that we need to parade around these people like a circus sideshow in order to feel better about our collective station in life? It's part of the conditioning, IMO...
edit on 23-10-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Seriously true. Honey Boo Boo tops the list of bad reality TV, but much of the rest aren trash as well. Dance Moms? Egotistical shallow mouthy women. Kardashians? KarTRASHians ... sloppy fat backends that make sex tapes. Housewives? Self absorbed and useless. There is a lot of lousy tv out there ...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

That's the other extreme...
the "first-world problems" of the fabulously wealthy that we are pressured into emulating though we can't afford to live such lifestyles. It's a bizarre juxtapositioning all carefully monitored by advertising executives in order to hock their services to companies so as to sell to a specific demographic. It's awful.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I personally don't give a rats arse what other folks watch on their TV, at their home, whih they pay for the cable. It really is none of business and while I agree that Honey Boo Boo and shows like it are probably a moral and sociological cancer on the entire world, I could still care less if other people watch it, that is their prerogative.

NOW BOW BEFORE THE TRUE OVERLORD OF TELEVISION!

HYPNOTOAD! WATCH!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

june was dating this scum when he molested the child like 10 years ago...he just got out of jail after all this time and she is taking up with him.....is she that desperate??

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Just hearing duuh title of duuh show has dropted my IQ by at least 20 pointz...

Seriously, the producers of this fecal bucket of a show need to be arrested and charged with attemted murder of our intelligence...

... "Reality" tv is the 21st centuries equivalent to 19th,early 20th century carny freak shows...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

Do we as a society really feel so bad about ourselves that we need to parade around these people like a circus sideshow in order to feel better about our collective station in life? It's part of the conditioning, IMO...

Judging by the fact that "Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo" actually made it to become a "show" would suggest yes.

Now, think about how much $ those chuckleheads made. Now think about how hard you work for your $. Pissed yet?

Oh, and I cannot believe she dumped Sugar Bear.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There are maybe two reasons to be upset about losing Honey Boo-Boo.

1.) Without a camera crew in that household, what will that pedophile be free to do to those kids?

2.) Arrrrg! The Soup is going to be losing one of its best sources of jokes.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I totaly agree on all counts with the OP but lumping the whole fat and stupid thing as a generalization in there is a bit of a stretch, while this person maybe fat and stupid, comedians/actors such as Goodman, Belushi, Candy have all been overweight, funny and not stupid.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
comedians/actors such as Goodman, Belushi, Candy have all been overweight, funny and not stupid.

They were overweight, funny, and not stupid.
The Honey Boo Boo crowd are overweight, stupid and not funny.
Big difference.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
kill them all - its the only way to end it

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
kill them all - its the only way to end it

But I will miss the human thumb.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

top topics