It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been Having lots of spam issues on ATS for last 3 days. Anyone else?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
(post by creation7 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: creation7

As a previous poster suggested - Malwarebytes

Also run CCleaner - gets rid of bloat that slows dowwn your system ...

I think both are available free from Cnet.com

Give it a burl ... nothing to lose !

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I was responding to the post made by Shana91aus (you didn't notice the "a reply to" part of my post).
He was saying that he had lots of trouble with Chrome, which stopped when he came off Chrome.

its She... im a chick not a dude. lol.

yeah I really do not recommend Chrome at all it slowed my whole computer down aswell, but the amount of ads were ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

You don't have to click on the ad for them to earn money.... these days, and with adsense you just have to display the ad from chosen advertisers.

Besides, it's their site, their rules.

Now try superantispyware

Superantispyware is really good I agree!! I once had this horrible virus it like took over my whole computer and I tried everything finally someone said try that and it worked!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'm also getting random ad windows popping up using Firefox in both Windows & Xubuntu OSs.
ONLY on ATS...........

ETA: Using 2 different machines in 2 different houses, with 2 difderent providers...

It's a bit like when Steam breaks & tells me it's my internet connection while I'm still surfing the web & having a conversation on Skype.
It's my fault? Really?

Sorry, that last bit probably deserves it's own thread in the Rant forum.....

edit on 23-10-2014 by EnochRoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
i use to get pop ups from zedo, every time i logged in, ATS is the only site i go to that i know that has that advertiser.
i've taken care of that.
edit on 23-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Its not ATS...we all don't have such issues...so don't blame us...its you, your devices and settings. Read up on it, and take members suggestions to fix.
But don't blame us...its you. Read up on it...cya!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

well when it only happens on ATS, and it's a advertiser that is used on ATS. i think it's safe to say it's coming from here.
i did a experiment. i opened up firefox, and a blank new tab, clickd options and cleaned out cache and cookies. logged on ATS
i got 90 cookies from ATS. many were lso's from advertisers.

the i opened adblock plus, clicked blockable items, 265 items on the log in page alone. now about 30 of them were ATS. but the rest were not.

edit on 23-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I have my cookies set so that I have to allow or deny each one. Yes, it's a hassle sometimes, but it's worth it to me.

I usually don't get the pop-ups for cookies on ATS, but in the past couple of days, I've gotten literally hundreds. Denied every one.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

DealShark is known malware that is typically delivered via an email attachment or payload from other downloads.

Our servers are regularly scanned for all kinds of malware. And we only use ad networks that scan their ads several times a day.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

i use all of those already , thanks tho

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

ok sounds good, perhaps there is a malware or adware that specifically targets conspiracy searches and sites? idk.
after i logged off i still did have a lingering question that maybe there was some hidden junk on my computer that neither cc clean or malware bytes was catching, one of the ad pages i had saved a link of from an earlier time was opensoftwaredownload. com , which was one of the more nasty encounters where it was obiously not a google url but it locked my browser and was prompting to click to "upgrade" and had to again use windows task manager to exit browser.

so.. i did a google search on that and found a recent enrty on bleeping computer and followed the instructions from the responding poster, i had a different experience than the original poster there, in that the adwcleaner did work and picked up several junk files for cleaning

www.bleepingcomputer.com...

it found these for example ( i have asterisked my computer user name information):

# AdwCleaner v4.001 - Report created 22/10/2014 at 22:41:36
# Updated 20/10/2014 by Xplode
# Database : 2014-10-21.1
# Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (64 bits)
# Username :
# Running from : C:\Users\***************\Desktop\adwcleaner_4.001.exe
# Option : Scan

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

Folder Found : C:\ProgramData\Ask
Folder Found : C:\ProgramData\ClickIT
Folder Found : C:\ProgramData\NCH Software
Folder Found : C:\ProgramData\Premium
Folder Found : C:\Users\*********\AppData\Local\PutLockerDownloader
Folder Found : C:\Users\*********\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software
Folder Found : C:\Users\*********\AppData\Roaming\SendSpace

that has seemed to do the trick, i ran cc cleaner on start up and it found a few remnant registry files related to what adw Cleaner found and cleaned. seems to be working better now

thanks for the replies and honest help, sorry i was in such a frustrated mood last nite.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Again...it is not us. Its you. Dont you think every one of us would have just as many as you, the same kind, type, companies? We dont. Ask around.

We dont have the same issues...some, no issues at all. Youve got to realize its something on your end-settings, devices, browsers, security settings, firewall, ad chocies...something, or a combination of things you have...

We would all have the same thing you know? We dont. So its not ATS.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
... well when it only happens on ATS, and it's a advertiser that is used on ATS. i think it's safe to say it's coming from here.
i did a experiment. i opened up firefox, and a blank new tab, clickd options and cleaned out cache and cookies. logged on ATS
i got 90 cookies from ATS. many were lso's from advertisers.

On FireFox that's also available as a diagram ...

edit on 24-10-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join