It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hendo Hoverboard - generating the lift which levitates the board off the ground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This is interesting. A new toy like the hoverboard in the popular in the movie, "Back to the Future". Four disc-shaped hover engines that generate lift which levitates the board off the ground.

Sounds amazing, it appears to be the real thing. This will unlock numerous new applications.

Hendo Hover Board

Hendo HoverBoard
edit on 22-10-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Well, they've got the timing just right if we see a launch next year...now we just need self drying clothes.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

What they need to do, if they are actually going to develop this thing as a hoverboard platform, as well as putting across the idea of hover EVERYTHING, which seems to be their endgame, is work with pro skateboarders to establish the requirements of a design which captures the needs of those who have been on wooden boards with trucks and wheels for awhile already. They need to make the thing light enough that it can rip up the Tarmac with the best of the rest, in order to prove the versatility of their system.

That said, this does look VERY impressive, although I fear that it is possible that a previous hoax/ad campaign featuring a hoverboard, may make people wary of investing in this project, which I have no reason to doubt the legitimacy of myself, as I am aware that these are not the same people as made the previous hoverboard vid, with Tony Hawk and The Doc from Back To The Future.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

I thought clothes were self drying .

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Honestly do not see anything too impressive there, they are using the same trick that the floating pens use and applying it to the bottom of a board.

I will be very impressed when they take this and slap it on the asphalt outside and ride round on it. Until then just a cheap gimmick that has been around for a very long time.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yes a rip roaring skate park is a great idea.
There is a great set of photos of a concept skatepark in the link here:

Hondo Hoverboards

The Kickstarter fundunding for the boards is over the top in less than twenty hours.

edit on 23-10-2014 by freeenergymobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Not convinced at all especially by 'lab coat' ... I want to see some arse-out, backward hat wearing folk try this out

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: freeenergymobile

Venues being created which have the necessary surface on which to operate this technology, will be a must, if customers of this company are going to be able to enjoy the product. From what I understand, this thing will not be able to be used on standard road, or pavement surfaces, let alone looser packed substrate materials, or soils, sand, or rocky terrain, simply because there will be nothing for the device to repel itself away from.

It is a fantastic concept, and I think it is something which could really take off, but I am concerned that there are not enough locations in which these things can be operated, for people to be able to take this company up on the opportunity to purchase these devices.

That said, those looking to employ the technology for industrial or commercial purposes will probably be more able to take advantage of the potential this tech has, simply because they would be better able to afford the cost of resurfacing areas in which they intend to use the hover device, and I can think of hundreds of potential applications of this tech in manufacturing, warehousing, and so on.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

But if you have a look at the links it's not as impressive and is very limited in how it can be used.

While our hoverboard is primarily intended to be self-propelled, the actions which stabilize it can also be used to drive it forward by altering the projected force on the surface below.

Currently, this surface needs to be a non-ferromagnetic conductor. Right now we use commonly available metals in simple sheets

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I agree that this is just a proof of concept introduction of the technology. That such skateparks would be a hit is a no brainer. There just are not enough skate boards in production now to start it off any time soon. However a big company like Mattel or Bally Bowling Equipment could invest in it and change everything.

The square box development kits are being made available by the hundreds and they have not yet put a limit on the number of orders. This open sourcing can produce a lot of unexpected innovations. We never thought of devices as being capable of doing this before. How about assembly lines that whoosh along without friction?

Metal people mover sidewalk belts are already in existence at airports and Disney World.

The real emphasis is on building architecture and safety during earthquakes.
Al Bielek the time traveler talked about floating building and cities.
edit on 23-10-2014 by freeenergymobile because: added Bielek to dictionary

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Either you didn't get the reference, or you haven't seen the film I was referring to...if the latter...(gasp)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: freeenergymobile

The real emphasis is on building architecture and safety during earthquakes.
Al Bielek the time traveler talked about floating building and cities.

That's how they got it he came back in time gave them the specs he invests in the company and in the future he is worth billions

Time traveler Yeah right !

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008
From reading the article, I did see that it needed a special surface to function, i.e. copper or aluminum. Still an innovative idea with many applications.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Sorry mate ,had that explained to me today ,and yes i have seen the movie but was years ago . Still ,it was there to be said .
cheers

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Existing thread here :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
notice how when he "pushes off" at the bottom he gains no speed

its a no go for skaters if you cant gain / conserve speed by pushing off (or some other method)

like a pendulum winding down.

lol@minimod
edit on am1020143101America/ChicagoFri, 24 Oct 2014 01:33:44 -0500_10000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

top topics

join