It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33 Police Officers Fire 600 Bullets into Car Knowing It Contained a Hostage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Holt-Singh was taken hostage by robbers at Bank of the West in Stockton, California, in front of her 12 year old daughter who was waiting for her in the car.

“Misty was crying,” a witness told KOVR. “She was saying her daughter was alone in the car. She said, ‘I don’t want my daughter to see me coming out with you,’ and they said, ‘Don’t worry, nothing is going to happen,’ and they took her anyway.”

Unfortunately it was not only the robbers that Holt-Singh needed to worry about. Holt-Singh was in the vehicle as the three suspects lead police on a high speed chase which lasted for nearly an hour. The suspects reportedly fired over 100 rounds at officers during the 55 mile incident.

Two other women were taken hostage as well, but were either thrown or jumped from the vehicle as it was speeding from police, both survived.

The beloved wife and mother was ultimately shot at least 10 times- not by the suspects, but by the police- 33 of them, who fired 600 rounds into the vehicle despite knowledge that it contained a hostage. Holt-Singh as well as two of the three suspects were killed in the barrage of bullets.

Source

This is horrible and shows how cops need training when it comes to hostage situations

There is no excuse I can think of for this many shots

What about innocent bystanders?
Where did all the other bullets go

Normally I'll try to see the side of cops but this is totally over-kill, literally

And the woman's daughter was in the car waiting on her Mom to come out of the bank
What a mess...

This actually happened back in July, but lawyers for the family are speaking out now about the incident

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family

edit on 21-10-2014 by snarky412 because: add video...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
[snip]

Thx bro...I know you are referring to me (in discussing a pretty gray area case), but in this case the police are wrong....

edit on 21-10-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
[snip]

That's just it

I'm kinda pro-cops, I usually try to give them the benefit of doubt due to the high risk of their jobs

However this is just too much to make excuses for

edit on 21-10-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Oh the irony here, being the only violence that escalated was done by none other than the cops

The department has defended its officers, saying they were worried the violence would escalate.

The hostage was shot 10 times, all of which came from police weapons

(post by Yeahkeepwatchingme removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
600/33 that comes to exactly darn near 20 rounds each. They carry that much ammo around all the time... Crazy world... Crazy!

They had to reload & keep shooting. I still say we Barnie Fife them all, they get one bullet and it stays in their shirt pocket... They will make it count if they ever need it... This kind of stuff just makes cops sound like really bad shots, doesn't give me confidence in their ability to do that important part of their job...Protect

edit on 21-10-2014 by wastedown because: stupid math lol

edit on 21-10-2014 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
33 cops. Is that the entire police department of Stockton, and regardless of the fact that there was a hostage in the car they felt obliged to shoot back at random?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown
600/33 that comes forcefully darn near 200 rounds each. They carry that much ammo around all the time... Crazy world... Crazy!

That is what I'm trying to picture and figure out

I don't have much knowledge on guns, so I can't see why 600 rounds unless they kept reloading
But like I said, I'm not in the know about that

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

What nobody is talking about is the fact that there were 567 rounds unaccountable for. We must remember a .22 round fired from the chamber going out from the barrel travels one (1) mile!!!!!

All these rounds were fired at a moving target therefore on the open road.....

I am so sorry a child will be growing up with out the love of a mother and that a husband will be without his wife. Words fail me....

SnF OP

You Leo lovers this is the future today. I was trying to tell you all about this 5 years ago.... Nobody listen....

Its only going to get worse... BTW I don't hate cops I fear them!

Isn't it time for Hollywood movies and police sitcom to change with current policies and todays realities. Like John Oliver Last Sunday;

20 Rounds each officer - remember 9mm clips normally holds 16 rounds one behind the hammer is 17.... Most cops carry two on belt and one in weapon.... so 20 rounds each office is hmmm restraint???

edit on 10/21/2014 by IceHappy because: ADDED last para to show bullets were from 1 and a partial clip from each officer[

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Any wonder why the City of Stockton went bankrupt? Bueller? Bueller??

A) cost of ammo went up.

B) numerous lawsuits stemming from badge heavy cops that have 'short cox' disease.

C) The City mgr. is 'double dipping'.

D) All of the above

Do You think You can guess? The clue is: "This never stops"

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IceHappy

It's true. The more they get away with, the more they oppress us.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
wow just wow what ever happen to the people trained to handle situations like this

at what point is it worth it to catch them

in my city they wont even chase street racers if they dont stop its not worth the risk of inocent lives

all of the cops involved need to be fired at the least wishful thinking to get them in court

since when is ANY amount of money stolen a crime worth killing a HOSTAGE to stop them

they knew there where hostages and where fireing popshots at a moving car

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Does everyone remember the days when everything was done to save hostages? Since then, they know of action plans to deal with such situations. Making a little girl motherless especially when there are other strategies that could be employed to get the suspects reeks of indifference and gross incompetence. No wonder people are posting their ever-increasing fear of the police. How very sad and how very disgusting!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

I can't figure out if it was sheer overkill or meant to be a message that if you break the law others will pay too?

A hostage in the car. Killing the hostage makes no sense whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
So the police have said indirectly, through their actions, that there is absolutely NO REASON for a bystander to EVER comply with any requests they make because Law Enforcement will make no effort to keep a bystander out of harms way. Same goes for the executions of no-knock warrants. They have basically said, "look out for your own interests because we will not and can not, when on duty".

This is a VERY dangerous message to send to the general public. Cooperation levels of civilians will drop off a cliff, even from those whom have historically given police the benefit of the doubt (law abiding citizens like Holt-Singh and their families).

edit on 21-10-2014 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

I say 33 officers should be charged with murder.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Does everyone remember the days when everything was done to save hostages?

Getting to fight bad guys is more important then protecting citizens.
edit on 10/21/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join