It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an organized effort to undermine the Aliens and UFOs forum?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm new here so please correct me if I'm way off base. I just seem to notice an active effort by a number of ATS posters to discredit and belittle anything and everything posted here along with this sections regular contributors.

I'm not going to link them and give the agitators more attention but I've seen it in the Stanton Friedman thread and many others. Not only here but all throughout ATS I read disparaging remarks about this forum and those who post here.

It makes me feel like an attempt is being made to have the topic viewed as fringe and flaky as possible.

Your thoughts?

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: duaneology

Yes armed with the deny ignorance motto there are a few grand poobahs of the international skeptic association that will constantly derail these threads using the unassailable tools of reason logic and known(primitive)science,the flat earth society so to speak.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Yes armed with the deny ignorance motto there are a few grand poobahs of the international skeptic association that will constantly derail these threads using the unassailable tools of reason logic and known(primitive)science,the flat earth society so to speak.

I usually pride myself on my reading comprehension but your post perplexes me.

Can you elaborate please

+29 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Absolutely this is happening on a regular basis.

And the most common defense used is "I guess if I dont believe your UFO story then im trying to derail your thread"

The attacks on people posting in the UFO forum have really increased as of late. God forbid you accuse them of trying to derail your thread, the answer is always "im just denying ignorance"

And ofcourse lets not forget the #1 tactic of coming to a thread about a ufo sighting or an alien abduction and ASKING FOR TESTABLE PROOF.

I literally laugh out loud every time that happens...THERE MAY NEVER BE ANY CONCRETE TESTABLE PROOF OF ALIEN OR UFO ENCOUNTERS...yet people still will come to your thread and ask for hard proof, and hard evidence.

Its simply laughable.

Thanks for bringing up what everyone else was thinking, SnF OP!

OG

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I too have noticed a lot of threads get derailed. I go to a thread to read what others have to say and get tired of the derailing and give up reading any further. This problem has recently been addressed by the mods of ATS.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Orions gems post pretty much says the same as mine

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: OrionsGem

I guess that I fall into the healthy "I don't know" section of the spectrum. Most of what I see read is easily dismissed but a small percentage is compelling.

I think that most here interested in the subject think somewhere along similar lines. How that openness to evaluate each piece of the puzzle based on its own merits could be viewed as "ignorance" puzzles me.

edit on 20upm10America/Chicago2014Monday2014514 by duaneology because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It is the epitome of arrogance to assume that Earthlings are the only civilization in the Cosmos. Who do you think is living off all of the misery and suffering on this Planet? They lap it up with forked reptilian tongues. They rule this World. We are livestock to them. Denial plays into their hands.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: duaneology
a reply to: OrionsGem

I guess that I fall into the healthy "I don't know" section of the spectrum. Most of what I see read is easily dismissed but a small percentage is compelling.

I think that most here interested in the subject think somewhere along similar lines. How that openness to evaluate each piece of the puzzle based on its own merits could be viewed as "ignorance" puzzles me.

Im telling you there are an aggressive group of people here who swarm any UFO topic posted with complete and utter dreck.

They make statements that they can never back up, and when you call them out on it, they conveniently disappear and another Ben shilling-ton takes their place. The next time you hear someone make a debunking statememnt as if its absolute fact, QUESTION IT!

Just think real long and hard about it: Why would anyone come to a CONSPIRACY SITE AND ATTEMPT TO DEBUNK CONSPIRACIES??? unless they have a ulterior motive...which is usually the case.

After page after page of bickering, personal attacks, and a general strive to make the OP look stupid, we all get tired and leave the thread....and the shills job is complete.

The closer you get to the truth in the UFO forum the more you will be attacked.

Just remember, the attacks are not to dissuade you, but to discourage others from believing you.

ALSO REMEMBER THIS: YOU CAN ONLY POST YOUR OPINIONS ON THIS FORUM, AS FACTS AND HARD EVIDENCE ARE LACKING IN THE UFO AND ALIEN FIELD. But the debunkers will TRY THEIR HARDEST to MAKE THEIR OPINIONS SOUND LIKE FACT!

OG

edit on 10-20-2014 by OrionsGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
It is the epitome of arrogance to assume that Earthlings are the only civilization in the Cosmos. Who do you think is living off all of the misery and suffering on this Planet? They lap it up with forked reptilian tongues. They rule this World. We are livestock to them. Denial plays into their hands.

Uh oh...here comes the reptilian evil overlords contingent.

Maybe some of the derailing and criticism is warranted after all.

edit on 20000000pm10America/Chicago2014Monday2014514 by duaneology because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: duaneology
I'm new here so please correct me if I'm way off base. I just seem to notice an active effort by a number of ATS posters to discredit and belittle anything and everything posted here along with this sections regular contributors.

I'm not going to link them and give the agitators more attention but I've seen it in the Stanton Friedman thread and many others. Not only here but all throughout ATS I read disparaging remarks about this forum and those who post here.

It makes me feel like an attempt is being made to have the topic viewed as fringe and flaky as possible.

Your thoughts?

I believe so. It's done by posting zero proof. This distracts from credible reports and threads that actually present verifiable info and ultimately don't make us look like tinfoil hat wearing fools that have "hunches" about the truth.

+47 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This "tonality" witnessed here is happening within the broader UFO community at large. The overwhelming firehose of hoaxed, misinterpreted, and outright misrepresented videos of "UFO's" coming from YouTube, combined with a few sites dedicated exclusively to creating UFO hoaxes, has created an atmosphere of irritation and extreme distrust.

This seemed to start with the worldwide Alien/UFO hoax of Project Serpo (initiated by the people now with Project Camelot). That was the turning point of attitude in UFO-related topics.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Don't worry, we believers and seekers of truth will keep shoving this topic down their throats despite the criticism, lame debunk methods, disinformation, and discrediting whether they like it or not. I got your back.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

Don't worry, we believers and seekers of truth will keep shoving this topic down their throats despite the criticism, lame debunk methods, disinformation, and discrediting whether they like it or not. I got your back.

Well I think you get the idea..

OG

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It's been like that since I joined, maybe it used to be better, don't know.

But yeah, it's frustrating and a little embarrassing to see someone who is trying to share an experience or connect with like minded people get absolutely tore up.

Personally I use the "If I find the story unbelievable, I close the thread and move on" method. Works much better than belittling someone and turning their thread to garbage. Wish more people would do that.

+27 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I don't think there is a concerted effort to discredit or undermine UFA threads. What typically happens is, someone posts something along the lines of "PROOF" or "UNDENIABLE" or "Amazing UFO Vid" which, upon even the basic of scrutiny, shows it's either poor or even decent CGI, or nothing more than low quality lights in the sky or some silly mock up alien "head" at a redneck's screen door (lol!)

If people want this site to be taken (more) seriously, then a level of scrutiny needs to be present, always. People shouldn't post using "absolutes" unless they have 100% evidence and empirical data to back it up, otherwise it simply is not good enough.

I 100% "believe" in UFOs and aliens - it just makes logical sense given the size of the universe. However, I do not believe I have seen credible evidence as such yet.

Think of the "skeptics" or poo-pooers as your first line of defense to the outside world. If your UFO claims and vids don't pass here - they certainly won't in the mainstream world.
edit on 20-10-2014 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
No offence, but there are a lot of members who can see through obvious fakes that people bring here. There are a lot of members who have spent an awful long time researching this subject in the hope that they will find proof, but alas 95% of the videos are easily identified as fake and the other 5% are debated with some sceptical whilst others are unsure of.

I, like you, used to question the motives, but in all honesty, there are an awful lot of pro UFO members, just waiting for something genuine to be put forward. Unfortunately, with today's technology, it is easy to fake something and try to present it as genuine.

Admittedly, there are a number of members who will not believe something regardless of the evidence and there are some who will not believe someone's account of an incident without evidence, usually photographs, to support these claims.

After a while you get used to it and accept that the members of probably the best forum on the internet know what's what.

That shouldn't deter people from sharing their encounters, I always find them interesting, as do many members.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The UFO community has fringed themselves, they've taken more of a leap of faith than most religious people I know.... What really turned me off was posters clinging to PROVEN hoaxes! Not the debunker disproving it but it being 100% undeniably a hoax with confirmation, yet was still being used as evidence! If there is an organization undermining the community it's only happening from within!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Heads up! If for any reason other than we discussed and discredited fakes, real stories and reports, youtube videos, movies, "new" evidence, "BREAKING REPORT! UFO's over WASHINGTON RIGHT NOW!!!"...hashed and discussed and repeatedly analyzed, disected and judged as real or not...over and over...than thats the real deal here. What may be new to you? Isnt so necessarily to us.

We've seen it before over the years...especially long time members and hardly anything, evidence or discussion here is really new to us...although we look forward to stuff...then what you ask is based on that.

We've heard it before....we welcome everything and anything new...but yes...we may sound cynical in our comments...because of all the above reasons.Same thing with the 2012, 9-11, Gun Control and Climate Change areas.

But mostly? We do have time spent under of belts with the Alien and Ufo stuff. Especially with these types of topics.

This is ATS....get used to it! And welcome to the fold! MS

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Your observations are not without merit. It is the topic of topics for ATS and some who may appear to be belittling are in fact very well versed in the subject matter and contribute greatly to the forum.

It's not that they don't believe, it's that they require solid, tangible, verifiable proof when it comes to all things UFO's.

Others, such as myself, remain convinced of the reality of UFO's - what they are and where they come from is the true question.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join