It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would someone support Gay Rights if they are not gay?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

When I was little My mom once said imagine you were them how would you feel? (I think I ate my brothers chocolate or something).. I don't think she realized I would actually imagine it and then I got sad cause I ate my candy bar and now I didn't have my candy bar. It carried with me and I imagine things all the time.

I imagined being gay to try and understand it. I am everyone. Once you understand the concept then you understand the only way for you to be free is for everyone to be free.

In imagining I was gay I realized it couldn't be a choice to be gay, cause I could never choose that.
But even if it were choice it would be a fine choice.

Your thread title tricked me into coming here, haha.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist
First because it is the right thing to do. This is a country founded on freedom. Ok so in the beginning freedom was only white males, and granted these days we could question if any of us are really free, those are topics for other threads. The law needs to be inclusive, period.

Second because their child was gay. My son was gay. He is now deceased, but I loved him no matter what. He was a brilliant Meteorologist for NOAA, kind and good to everyone.

Problem is "Equality" is not good enough or the goal.

This issue keeps morphing into a hammer used to Smash freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

If these so called freedom activist have their way, any opinion that disagrees with their moral choices will be squashed with LEGAL action.

The zealotry of "agree with us or else" is getting real old, real quick.

Most of us don't care if YOU are gay. Stop trying to push ACCEPTING and PROMOTING Homosexuality like a damn Religion on everyone else. (Accept our beliefs and promote them or pay the price.)

It is like McCarthyism, just substitute Christian or Hater for Communist.
edit on 18-10-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

How about just because you believe in EQUAL Rights. Same Rights for everyone, period. There's no such thing as Gay Rights, only Equal Rights.

Exactly.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Simple answer. Because everyone deserves to be happy.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist
Why would someone support Gay Rights if they are not gay?

Empathy.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Now that is a very profound thought.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

Thanks for the contribution and the avatar compliment, it has a wry sense of humor doesn't it. AcessDenied gets the credit.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Didn't mean to trick anyone. You have a fine answer, I loved the 'I am everyone part' Big truth!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

because no one has ever come up with a rational reason to deny homosexuals the rights granted automatically to other deomigraphics

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
YES! If you live in the Land Of The Free, you need to support what it truly means. Equality amongst all people is number one! Short, Tall, Skinny, Fat, Loud, Crazy, Black, White and GAY!!! Discrimination against being who are is ridiculous!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
This issue keeps morphing into a hammer used to Smash freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

How does having equal rights for gay people "smash" freedom of speech and religion? I've heard this claim a couple times and no one has ever answered when I asked... After all, you can dislike gay people, express it and put them down all you like.

Freedom of speech - check!

You can also pick your religion, go to church, pray, raise your children in your religion.

Freedom of religion - check!

So, how do gays getting equal legal rights impose on your freedom at all?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
How about..."Love thy neighbor"?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

How does having equal rights for gay people "smash" freedom of speech and religion? I've heard this claim a couple times and no one has ever answered when I asked... After all, you can dislike gay people, express it and put them down all you like.

Freedom of speech - check!

You can also pick your religion, go to church, pray, raise your children in your religion.

Freedom of religion - check!

So, how do gays getting equal legal rights impose on your freedom at all?

Really? Where the hell have you been?? It has gone far beyond equal rights to zealotry.

dailysignal.com...

hernandotoday.com...

www.washingtontimes.com...

www.avclub.com...

www.cbn.com...

www.christianpost.com...

Speak out against the agenda, loose your job. Preach from a Christian perspective, the State wants to "get you".

Please dude, this is the new McCarthyism.

edit on 18-10-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
How about human rights. Everybody has the right to be treated equally, fairly and with respect. Without retribution due to their beliefs, age, creed, sexual orientation, disabilities et al.

We should not judge others, unless they harm anyone or anything in anyway.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Really? Where the hell have you been?? It has gone far beyond equal rights to zealotry.

Speak out against the agenda, loose your job. Preach from a Christian perspective, the State wants to "get you".

Please dude, this is the new McCarthyism.

Zealotry on the part of the Radical Religious Quacks, not the other way around. You can speak freely about whatever you want, however that doesn't mean you are free from what results from what you say. All those examples you give are about people who spoke out about Gay Marriage or just Gay People in general. What resulted was Private Businesses deciding to fire them for what they said. Private Business has that right. If they feel you are bad for their image or business because of the things you say, they can fire you, that's just how it is. You still have the right to say it, but they have the right to fire you for it if they decide it hurts the business by doing so.

That isn't because of some super secret Gay Agenda being plotted behind closed doors trying to bring down religion. That's just paranoia mixed with Christians desire to feel like they are being persecuted even though they aren't. If you don't believe me try this experiment. Instead of talking sh*t about Gays, talk sh*t about mentally challenged children and see what happens. Does that mean there is also a Children's Mentally Challenged Secret Agenda too??? No. It's called karma for being an A-Hole. Nobody is stopping these people from talking sh*t all they want. It's just the result of what happens when people everywhere get tired of hearing that BS.

Here's another example of why you're argument is bunk. This guy in the video at the bottom of this post spouts Anti-Gay propaganda every day on the radio, yet nobody is stopping him nor the multitude of others just like him doing the same thing. But how is that possible if what you say is true??? Because they work for Private Businesses that also support their views, that's why. My guess is that the people in your examples should think first before they speak so they don't piss off the people who give them their paychecks. There is no secret Gay Agenda, or Gay Mafia or any other BS. The fact is that Private Business knows that their image is important and if they employ someone who taints that image, they got to go.

I doubt this will stop you from continuing to argue your position so I look forward to the reply. I find it amusing that someone actually is trying to rationally justify against "Equal Treatment under the Law". Especially when that includes trying to convince others that Religion, the most protected institution ever, is being attacked. That has to be the most obvious case of deflection ever attempted.

edit on 18-10-2014 by mOjOm because: Forgot the link to the video...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I completely agree. Denying other human beings freedoms over nothing as it happens on this planet has confused and saddened me since I was old enough to understand it was happening.

Too bad religion has institutionalized hate across the world under the guise of being the correct and moral thing to do.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse As long as it is an act between two or more consenting adults it is fine. Most people do not care what happens in other peoples bedrooms. How does it effect others personally, the simple answer is it does not. I know people that do things ( kinky stuff) that i personally would find just as objectionable if not more so as far as doing myself. But each to their own as it does not personally effect me. These people that say they represent a loving, forgiving god yet spew hatred out are not truely doing what god is asking them to do. Jesus said in several places in the bible not to judge others but to be judgemental ownly upon your own actions and thoughts.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Because we hold that all mankind is created equal, and have certain, inalienable rights, among these are life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness. And if what makes you happy is another man, then by all that is good and right, go get your happines.

Or, put another way: in that you harm none, do what you will.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Someone getting fired for a making a comment has NOTHING to do with equal rights for gay people OR religion. You can say whatever you want. If you lose your job for it, the responsibility for that lies with the employer and you. Gay people having equal rights is another subject entirely.

Similarly, if you got fired for lewd comments about the boss's wife, it's not the wife's fault. It's not her "agenda". Making a lewd statement about the boss's wife is within your rights, but don't be surprised if you face consequences for it.

Churches are tax-exempt. Turn them into political meetings and the IRS is going to have something to say about it. Break the law and pay the consequences. If churches want to preach politics, they can pay taxes.

By the way, discrimination and denying rights to other is NOT "the Christian perspective". Love your neighbor and do not judge, IS.

edit on 10/19/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yep, keep telling yourself this is not a political hammer.

radio.foxnews.com...

Two Christian ministers who own an Idaho wedding chapel were told they had to either perform same-sex weddings or face jail time and up to $1,000 in daily fines, according to a lawsuit filed Friday in federal court.

I just can't wait to see what the reaction is going to be when they force Islamic Mosques to do this. The Huff Po drinkers won't know which way to turn.

edit on 19-10-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join