It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even More Terrifying News About Second Ebola Nurse (Their Headline)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
From the story:
Vinson told hospital workers that she remembers not feeling well as far back as Friday, according to Dr. Marguerite Erme who’s a medical director in Summit County, Ohio. While Vinson wasn’t feeling as well as normal, “it was nothing you could point your finger at and say, ‘Ah, this is a particular disease,’” but while in Ohio she felt muscle ache, fatigue and malaise.

Link:
youngcons.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I am not feeling very positive.
The more news I see, the worse it gets.
I don't think the government is being straight with us at all.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

No they're not being straight with us. They're lying through their teeth, covering up cases and distorting facts. As usual.

They want this to spread and they're doing a wonderful job so far.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Neither do I. And before people start pointing out the tin foil on my head, one of these days when one of us says, "The government isn't being straight with us" -- we'll be right. :-(

originally posted by: butcherguy
I am not feeling very positive.
The more news I see, the worse it gets.
I don't think the government is being straight with us at all.

edit on 17-10-2014 by kimmie7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: kimmie7

I wonder what these people were told to look for when "self monitoring". One of my biggest concerns has been in part that i dont believe everyone will show the same symptoms 100% of the time, nor do i believe that everyone will have them in the same order. I think its incredibly ignorant to assume- because thats what it is, an assumption- that everyone MUST start out with a low grade fever before they are symptomatic or positive for Ebola. There have been recent studies that show that not everyone even gets the same symptoms. 1 in 8 i believe doesnt even GET a fever-

I fear this is going to balloon out of control exponentially very quickly. I hope im just paranoid and over thinking things... but i feel like everytime i check up on the "situation" it just goes from bad to worse.

Thinking i need to trade my Tin foil hat in for a Tin foil hazmat suite and a case of tequilla.

cheers!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
_

It's the citizens who are acting irresponsibly.Duncan for leaving Liberia, the hospital administers who didn't know how to deal with him, the nurse for getting on a plane. None of them were thinking beyond their own immediate needs none thought their actions through. And when every document on the disease says you're contagious once symptoms appear you don't decide HEY guess I'll just get on some public transportation. I just don't get any of them.

ea reply to: butcherguy

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

Exactly.

And this time of year, is ragweed season, horrible allergies for us Texans. And some of the same symptoms mimic allergies.

example: when ragweed and cedar are up, I get stuffy nose, cough, congestion, a slight fever, achy and a scratchy throat.
what does that sound like??

I want to believe she didn't fly knowing. And hopefully she truly thought she had allergies.

Just throwing out a different thought into the pile. Not excusing, not trying to reason what she did.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
While the whole self monitoring thing is fine such as it is the protocol should be stay put regardless of how you're feeling. Anyone who dealt with Duncan no matter in what small way just freaking stay put and wait out the incubation period. Don't even think about travel. Cancel cruises, cancel weddings for crying out loud. Is it worth your life or worth risking other people. Is it worth starting a real outbreak in this country? reply to: itswhatev

PS And yes to the tequila. That will kill what ails ya!!!

edit on PM0000003100000010104240312014-10-17T15:40:29-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
One of the biggest problems with this disease is that the initial symptoms look like everything else; malaise, aches, slight fever, etc. We've all seen the people in Africa walking into the quarantine centers rather than being carried. If you're still able to walk with it, obviously it doesn't hit hard at first.

This is a nightmare, and it's just beginning, along with flu season, school season, and the holiday/shopping season, and there's going to be millions of people yammering on about their 'right' to go shopping and get on a plane to visit gramma...
then they'll be complaining about armed National Guardsmen everywhere.

During the Spanish Flu, the ONLY towns that escaped deaths posted men with shotguns at both sides of the only road into town and no one got in or out. That's hardly draconian, it's actually smart.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

You are right.
But the govt was out there at the start, telling US it is hard to get ebola.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

A passenger on a plane that is in early stages won't be particularly contagious.

The virus is present in ample quantities in feces, vomit & blood. I suppose someone with visible hemorrhages on their body might be able to cough or sneeze it out, This strain has never been very robust on surfaces. The plane passenger with 99.5F fever is early stage.

This isn't the movies unless we have a new strain.
A new strain is a new set of risks -- but that hasn't happened as far as I can tell.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
And while I'm not getting on the whole Ebola is airborne wagon train as you so succinctly pointed out suppose the second nurse was contagious and suppose someone she infected also has allergies? It may not be airborne but sneezing is sure going to spread droplets onto surfaces and maybe even into someone else's face if that patient is also say a child who forgets to cover their nose and mouth? The next few weeks will be tense as we wait to see what havoc nurse 2 has wrought. Fingers crossed it stops with her.
reply to: Justaposter

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
This is a nightmare, and it's just beginning, along with flu season, school season, and the holiday/shopping season, and there's going to be millions of people yammering on about their 'right' to go shopping and get on a plane to visit gramma...

Yes. If ebola is out of control we are going to know about it approximately 21 days after Black Friday (about December 18th). Thousands of people packed tight into department stores... It reminds me of why chickens have to be given antibiotics to prevent the spread of disease among thousands of chickens packed into one building.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
One of the biggest problems with this disease is that the initial symptoms look like everything else; malaise, aches, slight fever, etc. We've all seen the people in Africa walking into the quarantine centers rather than being carried. If you're still able to walk with it, obviously it doesn't hit hard at first.

We're talking about people who cared for patients who have/had a disease which is KNOWN extremely infectious, and the early symptoms (to some extent) were also known.

Short: What would YOU think if you cared for an Ebola patient...and several days afterwards you would feel sort-of unwell? Do you need a degree in rocket science to conclude it MIGHT possibly have something to do with Ebola?

Seriously, people are crying "conspiracy" but I think what's at work here is just bottomless stupidity.

PUULEEASSSHEEEE.....you care for n Ebola patient, then start to feel not well..and you go on two commercial planes ?? For god's sake, I wouldn't even go outside if I had the common flu...but logic and common sense doesn't seem to apply nowadays anymore. (Didn't even the CDC tell her it's alright to take the flights?) She was just in contact with AN EBOLA PATIENT and had the first symptoms and the CDC ok-ed it for her to fly across the country??? SERIOUSLY????
edit on 10/17/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think "self-monitoring" is just out and out stupid with something this deadly.
I'll see your cheers and raise you a "skål" ;-)

originally posted by: itswhatev

I wonder what these people were told to look for when "self monitoring". One of my biggest concerns has been in part that i dont believe everyone will show the same symptoms 100% of the time, nor do i believe that everyone will have them in the same order. I think its incredibly ignorant to assume- because thats what it is, an assumption- that everyone MUST start out with a low grade fever before they are symptomatic or positive for Ebola. There have been recent studies that show that not everyone even gets the same symptoms. 1 in 8 i believe doesnt even GET a fever-

I fear this is going to balloon out of control exponentially very quickly. I hope im just paranoid and over thinking things... but i feel like everytime i check up on the "situation" it just goes from bad to worse.

Thinking i need to trade my Tin foil hat in for a Tin foil hazmat suite and a case of tequilla.

cheers!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I thought this strain was proven to be able to survive outside of the body on multiple surfaces for anywhere from hours to DAYS... depending on the temperature. It only take one virulent cell to infect a new host, just one.

I think this lackadaisical attitude of " oh well you have to bathe in their shyte, blood, or vomit" is exactly the reason why we are continuing to see new cases all spanning from the ONE patient.

NOt attacking you personally, and hope it doesnt come off that way... I just dont get why people wouldnt rather be safe than sorry. Clearly the precautions we THOUGHT were enough... werent. Otherwise ATS wouldnt be over run with Ebola threads right now... because there wouldnt even be an issue. So how can anyone be 100% positive about anything when it comes to this outbreak. No its not been *proven that it is a new strain but given the fact that it is not acting liek any other strain that has ever caused an outbreak... i dont think it is unreasonable or to treat it as such, and admit that we really DONT know.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'm hoping it turns out ok but we don't know if there was any chance she was already shedding virus with a low grade fever. The studies say it's not contagious until symptoms show and fever is a symptom. She also said she felt out of sorts. Unfortunatly in this case we can only take a wait and see attitude. Anyone who may have come in contact with her should also restrict their travels. Don't go to work or school. Don't go on vacation, don't go to the library etc....a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Also, I think it would be one thing for secondary contacts to self monitor. But first-hand caregivers? Nuts. They should know that self monitoring for them should mean you alone at home with a stack of books, pizzas, and netflix.

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
While the whole self monitoring thing is fine such as it is the protocol should be stay put regardless of how you're feeling. Anyone who dealt with Duncan no matter in what small way just freaking stay put and wait out the incubation period. Don't even think about travel. Cancel cruises, cancel weddings for crying out loud. Is it worth your life or worth risking other people. Is it worth starting a real outbreak in this country? reply to: itswhatev

PS And yes to the tequila. That will kill what ails ya!!!

(post by eyeofthestormss removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
HUH?

originally posted by: eyeofthestormss
Welcome to the "Demand For Free Independent BOER State(s)" !!! Washington Marching Against the Genocide of Whites(Boers) in South Africa where over 80.000 of them were already massacred(not just killed, but often cooked/burned alive) !!!

www.facebook.com...

related to:

BURN THE HUMAN RIGHTS DAY !!!

www.facebook.com...

Please like and share both pages. Your FREEDOM thoughts against WHITE GENOCIDE PROJECT(70 years old phony peace deal), are appreciated.

END IMMIGRATION AND BEGUN EXPATRIATION www.facebook.com... Join to the hottest group on Facebook today and that way show your support !!! Game Over , New World Order !!! Freedom from tyranny now !!!

Meet me at www.facebook.com... OR globalpatriotsindex.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join