It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO SIGHTING: Strange Objects Zipping Across The Moon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: engvbany

originally posted by: Vrill
Source

Could this be as simple as Orbital debris that passed through the telescopes field of view? Or something else?

Thoughts? It does look interesting.

Here's a possibility : the black-dot is a dead pixel on his camera's image sensor. The image of the moon moves across the FIXED camera's sensor due to Earth's rotation , this movement is corrected for in software which makes the dead pixel appear to move across the face of the moon.

The apparent motion seemed a little fast to be due to Earth's rotation. That's why I think it is more likely that is was just something in Earth's orbit (satellite, junk, etc.)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

If it was in orbit I think it would travel a lot faster than that, It would have to just to stay in orbit.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Apparently The Huffington Post article about these videos was printed without even contacting the video's creator. He made a video yesterday regarding this, going into detail about their spurious and misleading report. He mentions that objects in CLOSE earth orbit do move across the screen in seconds, however, those in far earth object won't etc. etc. For all the skeptics here this video is worth checking out (can't seem to embed it so I will just post the link):

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sharted
Apparently The Huffington Post article about these videos was printed without even contacting the video's creator. He made a video yesterday regarding this, going into detail about their spurious and misleading report. He mentions that objects in CLOSE earth orbit do move across the screen in seconds, however, those in far earth object won't etc. etc. For all the skeptics here this video is worth checking out (can't seem to embed it so I will just post the link):

www.youtube.com...

Yet again he makes mistakes first of all with his camera the sensor in the camera is a SONY 36mp sensor (yes Nikon use Sony sensors). Now he is shooting 1920x1080 HD video but the chip itself has a resolution of 7360 x 4912 pixels, so to reduce that to 1920x1080 the camera uses a process called line skipping it has to down sample the image.

Nikon’s people say their downsampling technique for the D800’s video mode is classified info. So Falk Lumo has gone and found out for himself, with a great technical analysis of the Nikon D800 and how it obtains 1080p video from the huge 36MP Sony sensor inside.

Does it line-skip? The answer is ‘yes’ but Falk says it is a much refined version of line-skipping on the 5D Mark II.

the D800 reads every 3rd line of the sensor from a 1.095x crop in FX mode. When the sensor output is demosaiced to a near-final RGB image, resolution is an impressive 2240 x 1260.

This is then downsampled (presumably in a pretty decent way) to 1920 x 1080.

This benefits resolution, but due to the original line skipping there’s still some moire and aliasing especially on high contrast horizontal lines.

A black dot on a bright background is guess what high contrast.

So his images have compression problems from the start.

As for the claims for the distance to the object they have no size speed or distance to start with so they can't work anything out it is that simple.

Now if he thinks the object is in close Earth orbit it has to maintain a certain speed to stay in the orbit look at the ISS video I posted on page 1.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

I appreciate your knowledge as to the cameras.

What needs to be emphasized is that these objects do not need to be in orbit in order to transit the moon's face. The lack of motion within the objects is suggestive of a solid body. The shape IS rounded regardless of the 'halo' effect. The modification of direction is normally associated with biological manifestations or atmospheric influences.

Since little detail is present, assumptions as to these objects' nature are only that, assumptions. Any thoughts as to the non-UFO aspect are equally invalid.

They are UFOs.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: largo
a reply to: wmd_2008

I appreciate your knowledge as to the cameras.

What needs to be emphasized is that these objects do not need to be in orbit in order to transit the moon's face. The lack of motion within the objects is suggestive of a solid body. The shape IS rounded regardless of the 'halo' effect. The modification of direction is normally associated with biological manifestations or atmospheric influences.

Since little detail is present, assumptions as to these objects' nature are only that, assumptions. Any thoughts as to the non-UFO aspect are equally invalid.

They are UFOs.

Sorry but due to the amount of pixels that the object covers it may have been to small to register any movement, the video maker thinks it's in low orbit but look at the ISS video I posted it would pass in a fraction of a second , a larger aircraft would only take a second or 2 and due to the size of the Moon in the video the magnification is not huge so most likely a smallish object passing in line of sight which has been already stated.
edit on 22-10-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Vrill

It was a hole in the sunlight.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
oops
edit on 23-10-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Geostationary satellites? Though they're nominally stationary from our perspective, they do exhibit precession (therefore movement) and some are located around the Southern ecliptic (where the Moon travels). Sheer chance will put a few across the moon's face occasionally. You can get orbital elements for all satellites from Norad's public library in order to get pass predictions.The 'scopes now commonly available will track to the orbit. But could a feeble 8" scope even see one from 24K miles? I dunno. Why does he only use an 8" anyway? If he was really serious about this, he'd use his fans' donations to get himself a Meade 12" or 16" and maybe produce something useful.

WG3

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Wouldn't a deep space Earth satellite shoot past the moon in mere seconds ?? It seems to be moving way too slow for that....JMOa reply to: Vrill

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join