It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO SIGHTING: Strange Objects Zipping Across The Moon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Source

In early October, Crow Tripplehorn -- a frequent moon observer who shoots high definition videos through an 8-inch telescope -- captured intriguing footage of a seemingly unusual object flying above the lunar surface, according to Examiner.com. On Tripplehorn's YouTube page, he pledges to "never run deceptive or misleading clips on this channel. I strive to shoot the highest quality UFO and anomaly footage possible with the equipment at my disposal."

Could this be as simple as Orbital debris that passed through the telescopes field of view? Or something else?

Thoughts? It does look interesting.
edit on 16-10-2014 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Vrill

It looks interesting but I'm going with something in orbit passing in front of the telescope.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well, there are two possibilities, that is for sure. Its either debris or a craft of some type. If there is a third possibility, I am not sure what it could be.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I'm going with debris but it is very round, that could be a typical saucer-shaped craft. Either way if this isn't a UFO it wouldn't stop me from believing that the Moon is being visited on a regular basis like this planet.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
SWAMP GAS!

Right Phage?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
ETA- yeahkeepwatchingme: I agree with this sentiment.

Maybe a bird? It seems like hes overselling the whole "I got the impression it was Very far away from me" bit. He says it more than once in the video I watched. But maybe thats just my... whats the word... where you are bitter from seing so many hoaxes or mundane objects passed off as ufos? So it makes you slightly biased toward any new info.

I mean, if it was far away, those swerves would be hundreds of miles of deviation. And sure, a "ufo" could do that, no problem.

And if it was a bird, would it cover the whole screen at that magnification level? Maybe its not a bird. Insect? Who knows. As with most of these there is "not enough info" to make any real determination, for me at least.

Still, very cool that he has that equipment to take such high quality videos of the moon. That part was interesting.

I wanna see some footage of the helicopter that buzzed him with a searchlight! I wonder where he does this from? His backyard? Or some place where a passing police heli would have a legitimate reason to check him out? Actually a backyard would be a legitimate place depending on where he lives. Wheres he doing this from? South Central LA?! LOL (actually, its not very funny that people are living in those conditions...)
edit on 10/16/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Yeah, it is "round" looking, whatever it is.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Could even be a large meteor drifting by. There's so many possibilities. It's a UFO indeed but is it intelligently controlled? No idea.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Wow...

This has been popping up. There was another thread that came up with one of these crossing from a crater into the dark side just a couple weeks ago.

Makes me wonder whether or not disclosure is around the corner and they're just starting to show themselves more and more because they know.

If the case is that we're about to be introduced into the galactic stage ( publicly ) for whatever reason or another - I do hope that all of this moon activity doesn't have anything to do with the debris field.

I have a very creative imagination, so I have a tendency to compose outlandish theories that have no backing, to see if I can negate them in the context. Gives me the ability to consider that an alien race inhabiting the moon could be making its shift to earth and either had a mistake; or deployed something huge, depending on their intention.

It's fun sometimes; but gets me in trouble on occasion. Let's hope they're friendly!

Good find - I was just talking about wanting to get a telescope for this exact reason. If I see it myself, it's a whole 'nother outlook. On top of my already creative one.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
ETA- yeahkeepwatchingme: I agree with this sentiment.

Maybe a bird? It seems like hes overselling the whole "I got the impression it was Very far away from me" bit. He says it more than once in the video I watched. But maybe thats just my... whats the word... where you are bitter from seing so many hoaxes or mundane objects passed off as ufos? So it makes you slightly biased toward any new info.

I mean, if it was far away, those swerves would be hundreds of miles of deviation. And sure, a "ufo" could do that, no problem.

And if it was a bird, would it cover the whole screen at that magnification level? Maybe its not a bird. Insect? Who knows. As with most of these there is "not enough info" to make any real determination, for me at least.

Still, very cool that he has that equipment to take such high quality videos of the moon. That part was interesting.

I wanna see some footage of the helicopter that buzzed him with a searchlight! I wonder where he does this from? His backyard? Or some place where a passing police heli would have a legitimate reason to check him out? Actually a backyard would be a legitimate place depending on where he lives. Wheres he doing this from? South Central LA?! LOL (actually, its not very funny that people are living in those conditions...)

I can't get onboard with the bird theory... It was a legit circle and didn't have any articulation... Just moving. Pretty fast.

Otherwise yeah - where's the helicopter footage!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
as if at this point in the whole ufo phenomena there is any doubt that is anything BUT a ufo.
it's fun to think so, sure, but that's anything from debris to a piece of garbage we threw in space at some point.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Just another youtube ufo IDIOT, he makes so many errors and assumptions about what he thinks he is filming it gives me a good

Lets look at real errors in dealing with images, first he films in HD and boasts about the 1920x1080 resolution which is ok except the stills from his camera would be better than 4K video, if he has a high end Nikon, he says an E model which probably is the D800E stills from that are 7360 x 4912 pixels.

He then zooms in software WHAT A JOKE! that is digital zoom there is NO real benefit in doing that.

The object is crossing in front of the Moon now the magnification he is using is not that high, he says he is using an 8" telescope with the camera attached but the Moon just fills the frame.

To fill a 35mm frame (or full-frame digital) like his if the model is correct with a just a little room to spare, you need around a 2000mm focal length.

To fill an APS digital camera frame with a full moon, you would need 1000mm focal length - 1200mm .

Now for the object at the focal length above on a full frame digital it works out around 45x magnification so that object could indeed be a bird, any aircraft would cross the Moon face in a second or 2 and a satellite or object in orbit in a fraction of a second.

Here is the ISS crossing the Moon blink and you will miss it.

This guy uses the lack of knowledge of most of the people who watch his videos to FOOL them into buying t-shirts and donating to his equipment fund!

He would get destroyed if he come on here to peddle his BS!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Not gonna lie, that was a really well put together debunk attempt :-) How do you know so much about this type of gear / telescopic imagery? I always wanted to learn more about it and maybe get a setup of my own someday. Any suggestions for a beginner?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: solarstorm
SWAMP GAS!
Right Phage?

Those Moon swamps can get pretty gassy. Mostly, they're called Transient Lunar Phenomena (TLP), but it's just old swamp gas by any other name.

If it doesn't land in the stadium during the World Cup, what good is it?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Could we be looking at the shadow of a more cloaked object? Interesting...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: solarstorm

thanks for that
you made my day

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
lets look at real errors in dealing with images, first he films in HD and boasts about the 1920x1080 resolution which is ok except the stills from his camera would be better than 4K video, if he has a high end Nikon, he says an E model which probably is the D800E stills from that are 7360 x 4912 pixels.
!

I wondering what stills are those? The OP seems to have video grabs from the uploaded video, so as video stills they are not going to be that great anyway. I do think that this videoman, or rather all these guys doing this stuff need to exemplify what the circumstances are when taking these shots, a passing plane, birdies or a witch on her/his broomstick all on the same setting, that would take away some of the ambiguity at least.
Have to say though, even at internet level, the Moon shots are very good. I do agree though anything much said when in the Zoom with the moving objects is speculative, and to add the 'halos' are likely as stated, 'pixel bleed' and that the objects are likely as stated, high orbit satellites. Whether that makes videoman deceptive or just mistaken, I have no idea.
edit on 17-10-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vrill
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well, there are two possibilities, that is for sure. Its either debris or a craft of some type. If there is a third possibility, I am not sure what it could be.

Sure. But another question still is: "Is the object close to the Moon, or is it simply in Earth orbit?"

If it was an object in Earth orbit that happened to fly between the camera and the Moon, then it could have simply been a normal satellite.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vrill
Source

Could this be as simple as Orbital debris that passed through the telescopes field of view? Or something else?

Thoughts? It does look interesting.

Here's a possibility : the black-dot is a dead pixel on his camera's image sensor. The image of the moon moves across the FIXED camera's sensor due to Earth's rotation , this movement is corrected for in software which makes the dead pixel appear to move across the face of the moon.
edit on 18-10-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: parad0x122
a reply to: wmd_2008

Not gonna lie, that was a really well put together debunk attempt :-) How do you know so much about this type of gear / telescopic imagery? I always wanted to learn more about it and maybe get a setup of my own someday. Any suggestions for a beginner?

Well have been into photography for 35 years now for a hobby, first camera a fully manual SLR (best way to learn) now using a Sony 16mp SLT DSLR for taking images like this amongst others

or this

Other members like myself with the same interests in photography post on this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can get good astro images with a decent SLR a tripod and a little knowledge of the night sky.

To many that post on youtube don't actually know how to use their camera properly, members here see the videos and post threads about them.

The video in the OP does have good images but to keep the ufo premise going he makes false claims.

Any object in orbit would be going a lot faster than that object look at the ISS video I posted above so would a plane as the magnification is not that high its most likely well within our atmosphere and would be slow enough to be a bird.

It's very easy for people to jump to conclusions re lights in the sky at night if the camera settings are not right for example here is an image from a video using my camera and a 70-300mm zoom I knew what the object was but just lifting the camera without changing the settings from a previous shoot got me this.

Your typical light in the sky shot.

Then when the CORRECT exposure settings are used.

You can see it's really the local police helicopter, that's the trouble with these night time youtube videos when the person doesn't really know how to use a camera or it's filmed with a smartphone etc. At night manual focus not AUTOFOCUS even really expensive DSLR's have problems with that at night although that is slowly changing if I had the spare cash this is what I would get.

A Sony A7S

WMD.

edit on 18-10-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join