It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Novel Ebola Vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Replacing the dysfunctional VP35 gene from REBOV into ZEBOV would create a virus that wouldn't kill humans.

You would have a virus that replicates producing antigens that human antibodies can fix on and clear virus without lethality to the host.

This would provide immunity to ZEBOV.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Biotech2024

Would that provide an immunity to Ebola then? I had heard that it is believed that if you survive Ebola, its very unlikely that you can catch it again, is this what you are driving at? Vaccinate people with "Ebola" that is non-lethal, to provide an immunity against lethal strains? I would think it could still make you very sick, and probably still be lethal to the very young, old, and people with certain conditions?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one has suggested marijuana...haha a reply to: Biotech2024

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JJRichey

Would that provide an immunity to Ebola then? I had heard that it is believed that if you survive Ebola, its very unlikely that you can catch it again, is this what you are driving at? Vaccinate people with "Ebola" that is non-lethal, to provide an immunity against lethal strains? I would think it could still make you very sick, and probably still be lethal to the very young, old, and people with certain conditions?

It's called live attenuated vaccine
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Yep.. Same principle.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biotech2024
Replacing the dysfunctional VP35 gene from REBOV into ZEBOV would create a virus that wouldn't kill humans.

You would have a virus that replicates producing antigens that human antibodies can fix on and clear virus without lethality to the host.

This would provide immunity to ZEBOV.

Google translate from Greek to English just keeps outputting the same Greek.

Please help.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

i was wondering about this with the reston ebola strain that doesn't kill humans....several got it and were just fine..i wonder if they are resistant to all ebola now...if push came to shove someone could have the option of infecting themselves with the reston strain for a better chance of survival...of course i have no idea how this stuff works

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I would think they would take Ebola Reston and use it to make a vaccine. It may transfer to humans,but it didn't seem to ever do any harm to them. And they said it is so close to Ebola Zaire that its almost impossible to tell them apart.Therefore wouldn't make sense to make a vaccine out of the Reston strain to stop the Zaire one? I would think it would be a quicker way to make them and get them to people. Maybe I'm just way out on a limb here,I don't know. Anyone have any expertise on this and want to wade in?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Active immunity is granted by the body triggering antibodies to the antigens of the virus. Virus antigens have specific 3D shapes the antibodies recognize. Small differences in the antigen of the virus will lead to the antibodies not being able to bind to the virus (antigens).

So it's always better to use the antigens of the virus causing lethality to trigger a specific antibody response. REBOV might provide immunity to ZEBOV if the antibodies bind at the same sites on ZEBOV. Immunochemistry studies would need to be done to test for this.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaxsmash

Let me be the first to give you a warm welcome to Cannabis Digest! =D

cannabisdigest.ca...

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaxsmash

Let me be the first to give you a warm welcome to Cannabis Digest! =D

cannabisdigest.ca...

Cheers!