It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola: Letting Mother Nature Take Over

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have been following this issue for a long time now. There is a lot of misinformation and ignorance surfacing on the web now that this has become a national hysteria event. Most of this ignorance is coming from the CDC and their believers. The CDC is only using vague meaningless rephrases that will lesson fears of Americans. It seems as though most of the focus is directed towards Americans and their lives rather than what is going on in Africa. Your mindset needs to be directed towards Africa and how this is going to be panned out.

Let's start with the historical background of Ebola. Ebola supposedly is short lived showing up in the 70s. These sporadic outbreaks have popped up in central Africa over the years with little concern to the rest of Africa. This is because central Africa is not highly populated and these DIFFERENT strands of Ebola killed very quickly leaving little room to spread. In a recent study it was theorized that the Black Plague was caused by an Ebola-like virus (this means a different strand of Ebola). This could be historically accurate because of accounts made during the time. Descriptive features would be black/dark lesions covering arms and legs which would be accurate with today's Ebola symptoms. This is caused by bleeding in the lymph nodes. An autopsy was done on a victim of the Black Death that described how the man's internal organs had liquefied. I could cover evidence for pages but you can do your own research.

The concerning matter if the Black Plague was caused by Ebola would be how long it lasted. For the next 300 years the Black Death would show up sporadically across Europe. That would mean that this virus would mutate and become a modern day "flu" except it has a good chance of killing you.

The Black Plague aside, today Ebola is an issue. It is concerning that so many Americans can get distracted with the real issue at hand. Africa is in critical condition and it is my belief that containing Ebola in Africa at this point is impossible; However, you must understand that we should try to contain it regardless. The problem that Africa can pose on the world is eminent. The WHO predicts that in 60 days we shall see 10,000 new cases coming from Africa every week. This I believe is an underestimate but that is not what I am getting at. What a lot of you don't seem to understand is that if Africa is out of control this will contaminate the world.

Once you have millions of Africans fleeing for their lives to neighboring nations this will become the world's problem. Once spread to Europe people will surely flee here and you will see a domino affect. As a world problem I say we throw everything we have at containing this.

Sadly I believe we are all too concerned with our own nations at the moment and this will not happen before it is far too late. Even more disturbing is the lack of biological and medical knowledge in the community. A vaccination sounds great and reassuring to most Americans, but sadly your hopes are flawed. Ebola mutates very quickly. I am concerned because doctors and virologists have this knowledge and are not sharing this publicly. If we were to have a vaccination in 2 months time it would be ineffective in containing Ebola. In just the shear amount of people that will have Ebola at this point there will be 3-4 new strands making the vaccine only useful to the old strand.

Other cure methods such as using someone's blood plasma is very limited. The amount of medical staff and equipment required to treat one patient shows how limited this method is. If there were 100 patients in America there surely would not be enough hands or equipment to treat these patients with blood plasma. Not to mention these 100 patients have the ability to still spread the virus.

It is my belief that this will be the reset button for earth. After the first several waves of the Ebola virus we will see 5-10% of the world's population still standing. After this we will have to create yearly vaccinations to avoid another outbreak which would imply that some virologists survive. In 1-2 months we will see a global alert and mass city movement into the countrysides to avoid the virus. There will be raiding and killing as people risk getting Ebola to get some food. I hope I am wrong because if I am right there will not be much point in living anymore.
edit on 16-10-2014 by FerronMelwick because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2014 by FerronMelwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well you're just a bundle of cheer. The black plague, which is still around today, is caused by the Yersina pestis bacterium. DNA analysis of the victims has confirmed this. a reply to: FerronMelwick

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Parthin

One study confirmed it at one grave site. The problem with the bubonic plague being the cause would be its quick spread. The spread for a bubonic plague would actually be really slow and the rats carrying it would have actually died from the bacteria. No doubt it is possible but I'm leaning more towards an ebola cause.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin
Well you're just a bundle of cheer. The black plague, which is still around today, is caused by the Yersina pestis bacterium. DNA analysis of the victims has confirmed this. a reply to: FerronMelwick

EBOLA AND THE BLACK DEATH MAY BE TERRIFYINGLY SIMILAR, SCIENCE SAYS

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I don't agree. Although the threat level is similar, the symptoms of the 2 diseases are distinctly different. a reply to: shadowmyst

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ebola the reset button? You give Ebola-chan too much credit, she's only killed 17 non-Africans so far.
Obesity kills more people. You don't see anyone banning burgers and crying about a Chubocalypse - a scenario where everyone is too fat to run essential services, leading to civil unrest, chaos and bad tummy aches.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well, I'm getting to the stage I don't know who to trust. This is my first post and I'm going to put a link in here. This is meant as a sharing only, not pushing anyone's agenda, so please take it as that. I actually read all the Terms and Conditions and I'm a bit concerned that my intent may be taken the wrong way - it's just to show that there are other people out there who feel that there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes which we, the general public, are not being told and hence not privy to. Thanks for your understanding. In Lies We Trust: The CIA, Hollywood and Bioterrorism www.youtube.com...

a reply to: FerronMelwick

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Your statement and thread title are somewhat contradictory. On one hand you say "let Nature take it's course" and then go on to suggest annual "vaccination". I disagree with the vaccination part. The reason we are where we are today is due to humanity treating every check and balance Nature has put in place as our "enemy". If humanity - and Nature as a whole - is to have any chance of normal sustainability, we must let Nature do her thing. No problem with putting our minds and science into the relief of suffering, Suffering has no material effect on her, but over-riding her every move at population control, or the release of toxic hydrocarbons she so carefully buried deep in the ground specifically to avoid danger to herself and life, must NOT be tampered with.

The 10% of humanity left standing MUST first look at Nature and her limits, before implementing thier own idea's Staying within Natures limits in everything they do will ensure that this disasterous point will never again occur. Doing the same old. same old, will just ensure a repeat of this "climb" to oblivion for not only humanity, but this wonderful thing on this planet called life as well.

As far as "Ebola" and children goes, I am wondering if children are dramatically affected? Not hearing much about child death's, but quite a lot about orphans. Could it be that this is similar to the mumps or measles of 50 years ago? Those diseases could be disasterous and often fatal to adults, but young children only got ill for a week or so and recovered fully with immunity. As 5 to 7 year olds, we were deliberately sent to play with nieghbours children who had them, sort of "old fashioned" vaccination, since it was well known that not having immunity as a child could be fatal in adulthood. Childfren may well escape this "Ebola" far easier than adults?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Some reports are that at least half the deaths are children but they are not necessarily doing lab tests to get firm diagnoses; the index cases for this outbreak were two very young children from the same family, their mother, grandmother and then others.

There's so many diseases endemic to Africa, what with AIDS, malaria, bad water and everything else that frankly I'm surprised anyone is alive there, and the ones that are left are able to fight off any diseases whatsoever.

What to me is rather queer is that the missionaries that have been treated in the west look so healthy after supposedly being near death's door a few weeks beforehand. Ebola causes scarring from bleeding under the skin and if you're sick enough to be described by your colleagues as in 'grave' condition, how can you be up and walking around a few weeks later without any obvious skin conditions or organ damage? One of the things that Ebola causes frequently, reportedly, is intracranial bleeds, which pretty much precludes recovery. Haven't seen that in the white missionaries that have returned, either.

This old Ebola ain't like the new Ebola. And the nurses being so lax about it they feel free to get on a commercial flight right after taking care of someone who had died doesn't sit well either. The caretakers, and the CDC, are being far too cavalier about something that last year was their worse nightmare.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Viral and bacterial are worlds apart, so comparing black plague to ebola is apples to oranges.

US government response, all things aside, is really intriguing though. It couldn't have been more idiotic (or better planned).
edit on 16-10-2014 by lynxpilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
what I've gathered is that the virus is not a new virus. it was discovered decades ago in Africa and up until this past month or so has been kept isolated there. the area is receiving foreign aide workers etc creating a situation where if exposed/infected could pass on the virus if not quarantined and/or given life saving treatment

mixed reports on cure, vaccine availability

the next few months might be critical in eradicating the virus and it spreading beyond existing borders

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lynxpilot

I was implying that the Black Plague was actually an Ebola virus not a bacterial infection. The past ebola cases were all different strands. This particular strand can incubate for 21 days compared to past strands that would give a sudden onset of symptoms after contracting it.

top topics

join