It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you sell your soul?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The devil told me that my soul wasn't worth buying, in fact I couldn't give it to him. Now, if I paid him to take it, he would take it. But I am too cheap so I am stuck with it.

You would be surprised how many people have sold their soul and don't even know it.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I do not sell my soul for any price.
edit on 16-10-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I would relinquish the concept for the infinite oblivion that awaits us all.
If i sold my soul, I think I may be guilty of a bait and switch.
what is a soul ? and who would I sell it too.
The thought of being eternally myself, would bore to eternal damnation.
The concept of clinging to your self, once you are no longer in existence, is a selfish, me me, disposition.
For us to be happy and rational we must forgo attachment, especially to our self.

While alive, you should give your spirit to the ones you love, no other transaction is possible.

PS: I am not an atheist.
edit on 16-10-2014 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: VitaArcanum

I would sell my soul to guarantee all children are happy and not damaged by the evils of this world.

And then what if your forced by your purchaser NOT to be fair to those you wish to protect after the sell is made? Your heart and mind resonates well within your compassionate answer however...

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
We don't have souls, Our souls have us.
I don't know if we can sell our souls.
We're just a bunch of RC bodies running around.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I don't know how much I believe in souls or not. If I was willing to sell it for anything, it'd have to be for a darn good reason. Likely, I'd be willing to sell it as a means to save someone I love. Though I have the feeling that would backfire, and somehow put their soul in peril. Now that I think about it, souls seem like they're tricky business.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Who's buying and what is the going price for a "soul"

Could there be a rent to buy option...I might be interested in that.

My soul, Im sad to report has a few miles on it and could use a tune up.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Why would I want to sell my soul when I'm already blessed with the powers bestowed upon me?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tinkortwim
Not to be disparaging.
Please elaborate on your acquired powers. I would be interested to hear/read them.
edit on 16-10-2014 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

That depends on how desperate I was at the time.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My soul is very precious to me and usually I wouldn't consider selling it. That said however, if I was offered the opportunity to swap my soul for a long lifetime of perfect health for my disabled wife, then I'd do it in a heartbeat. She deserves a better life than the one she's had since she first became ill as a child.

Rev

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i might possibly sell my soul...for a klondike bar. because at least when im locked up in hell and the inmates ask what i'm burnin' for, i can tell them and be like, "hey man, what would YOU do for a klondike bar?"

edit on 16-10-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I would sell it..

If its something that can be sold that easy, then it is not divine like how it is mentioned.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
yes i would, in a heartbeat. if the price was right.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
I would sell it..

If its something that can be sold that easy, then it is not divine like how it is mentioned.

even though gods are historically known for allowing their divine favor to be purchased.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

What would you sell your soul for?

I wouldn't sell my soul for anything, ever. There are no material desires or wants here on earth that would sway me.

Me neither and i feel exactly like you.

However what do you guys think about people 'releasing' their souls from this earth by committing suicide (not really but for the sake of this argument) and i wonder does that also equal to 'selling your soul' ? In a way it seems like it does..for some otherworldy peace or whatever.

Tough question.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Exitt

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

What would you sell your soul for?

I wouldn't sell my soul for anything, ever. There are no material desires or wants here on earth that would sway me.

However what do you guys think about people 'releasing' their souls from this earth by committing suicide (not really but for the sake of this argument) and i wonder does that also equal to 'selling your soul' ? In a way it seems like it does..for some otherworldy peace or whatever.

Tough question.

selling your soul means giving it away for something else. is killing yourself really giving anything away except your car? of course that begs a number of assumptions, including that souls retain any degree of awareness or control after being displaced from their "vehicles".

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Another question would be, what are you prepared to sell to get your soul back?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Exitt

Tough question.

I don't know that I'd consider that selling your soul. To me, selling your soul would usually have to do with gaining something. Typically, I imagine it would be a material gain: money, a fancy car, house. But there is that chance of being able to get something that isn't necessarily material. Such as safety for family members. Though that could involve material things.

I really think it's a scenario of be careful what you wish for, but with suicide it would be a conscious choice for release not a business transaction. There's no one on the other side of the deal getting your soul in the process to do whatever they want with it. Unless there's someone collecting souls that are floating about...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If he's stupid enough to buy it, why not?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join