It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Threatens the US: Warns of Nuclear Consequences

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill If, by attack, you mean boots on the ground and bombs in the air, then yes. If, however, you include billions of dollars funneled through NGO's (Im looking at YOU, National endowment for democracy!!!), and agents sent in to destabilize nations, organize coups, manipulate elections and citizens minds, then the US happily attacks everyone, even our closest, sweetest friends.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I know he is full of crap now. Putin, you are very dumb. This is hands down the stupidest move you could have made. I would outright increase the sanctions after those remarks. If he gets cocky afterwards, I would offer the Ukraine military support with no strings attached.

Call this bluff people. Its the best moment of weakness Putin has showed so far.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Setting the stage for a false flag, perhaps? I don't think there's any way Putin openly attacks the US with nuclear arms.

But, if you look at the state of the world today, those that survive the initial strike and retaliation from the US and EU would have to deal with the fallout. Those that survive the fallout will have to deal with ebola. Maybe our alien overlords are clearing the board to start again. (Okay, so I'm being sarcastic here).

edit on 16-10-2014 by RomaSempre because: sarcasm tags did not work.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
Well, now. Since Putin has hinted at nuclear strikes on Europe and possibly the U.S.(i.e. WMD), aggressively invaded neighbouring countries and, for all intents and purposes, created a dictatorship, I'd say that Russia is ripe for a freedom invasion.

Ummm...

no

The Russians are smart and hearty people. They'll do what's right when they figure out what Putin is all about all on their own.

So, what are we waiting for? Let's go git 'em. Boots on the ground, shock and awe, and all that

Too many video games?

I hope people realize I'm just being cynical. I get so tired of all the saber rattling and d*** wagging that I want to just line them all up and slap them across the face like a 3 Stooges movie.

Here we agree.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Nothing more than bluster from Russia because Putin knows he is screwed.

Since the sanctions were imposed Putin has been doing his very best to sell the sanctions as anything but sanctions for his invasion of Ukraine. Putin, like Obama, likes to blame everyone for his own failings.

edit on 16-10-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Push the damn button already.....

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I remember all the cold war propaganda about Russan troops and their people hating us,WE all know better it's NO different from NORK theatre based on the classic commie dialog.
WE ARE building radars surrounding Russia WE are countering China. THere will be all kinds of Black ops stuff going on NOBODY will nuke anyone ,unless it's through a CATS PAW they can't be blamed for....WHO does that?

U.S.Govt.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I recall Putin making some such statement, but it was like months ago.

It wasn't an outright threat either, more of a "you do realise who you're messing with, don't you?" comment.

And I have to say, I agree with him in that respect.

I find the whole cavalier attitude between the superpowers extremely bizarre and greatly concerning.

You HAVE to respect a country with such potential destructive power, even if you don't agree with what they are doing.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

I really "hope" the Russians acquire the "guts" to put the US down, like a mad dog they are.

Why should Russian acquire the guts to fight with the US? Where is the support from China, India and other countries.

We do not even see verbal support or verbal hard talk to the US from these countries. On the contrary Chinese are too happy selling 'slave labor' products and even "more idiotic" Indians are busy buying $20B fighter planes from France and $25B Airbuses from Airbus of Europe.

When these idiotic nations get stomped and spanked then they cry "Mother Russia" loudly to the "High Heavens", on the otherhand when it comes to doing business these "bitches" put on the high heels and catwalk to the West.

Sukhoi Business Jet carries slightly less number of passenger for same range and fuel efficiency. Costs less than 50%, yes less than 50% of the price of A320.

Putin and Kremlin should give some HARD TALK to Indians on this.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

If you think China or India would ever cry to "Mother Russia" loudly to the "High Heavens" for any reason you're delusional.

Sukhoi Business Jet carries slightly less number of passenger for same range and fuel efficiency. Costs less than 50%, yes less than 50% of the price of A320.

Working on commission or what dude?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

They have already and several times but in secret and behind closed doors.

Regarding commissions, it seems political interests in those countries sure are.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

If its secret and behind closed doors how do you know about it?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

They have already and several times but in secret and behind closed doors.

So then, how do you know if they were done in secret and behind closed doors?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think the article is wrong.
This is a better 1:
news.sky.com...

Vladimir Putin has accused US President Barack Obama of hostility towards Russia over the Ukraine conflict.

The Russian president made the comment in a newspaper interview before visiting the Serbian capital Belgrade.

He was referring to a UN speech by Mr Obama last month in which he listed "Russia's aggression" in eastern Ukraine among top global threats, alongside Islamic State and the ebola outbreak.

Mr Putin told the Serbian daily Politika it was "hard to call such an approach anything but hostile".

"We are hoping our partners will understand the recklessness of attempts to blackmail Russia, [and] remember what discord between large nuclear powers can do to strategic stability," he said.

So he says it isn't smart to isolate Russia since it's an nuclear power. He never said he will use nuclear weapons.

And yes I agree with Putin, Europe is just shooting itself in her own foot since Europe is stupid enough (again) doing US wishes.

Why this game? Of course the US/Obama knows it will only make matters worse, so why continue going on with sanctions and saying Russia is dangerous, I mean with that there is no fixing at all going on but things will just go worse.
Already Europe's economy is doing worse so Europe shot herself in her own foot! the fools... It are just silly power games and the people always loose as a result because of these childish power games.

edit on 16-10-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Plugin

In case you didnt notice the EU has been taking lead in the Ukraine mess.

Their sanctions have been different than the US and have come at different times.

The sanctions are because of russian action, not because of hostility by the EU or the US. Putin refuses to take responsibility for what he created. To blame the people responding is asinine to say the least.
edit on 16-10-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yes of course EU sanctions are different but they do US wishes basicly with sanctions, the US is the master in sanctions country's.

CIA in UKraine:
dissenter.firedoglake.com...

Anyways the people in the world see the US as the greatest threat to world peace and is basically worse then Hitler since WW2:
www.examiner.com...

-since WW2, Earth has had 248 armed conflicts. The US started 201 of them.
-these US-started armed attacks have killed ~30 million and counting; 90% of these deaths are innocent children, the elderly and ordinary working civilian women and men.
-The US has war-murdered more than Hitler’s Nazis.
etc etc...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The US has war-murdered more than Hitler’s Nazis.

And so did Stalin.......a lot more.

If you think the US is 'the greatest threat to world peace' then it just shows how misinformed you are.

Sure, they aren't perfect and have made a lot of terrible mistakes but if you think the world would be a better place under Russian or Chinese hegemony then I suggest you have a read up on their history.

All the troubles of the world are not the US's fault.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

James A. Lucas forgot to blame the US for Adam and Eve getting kicked out of the garden as well.

If that's your source then I'd suggest comparing his version of events at any University library *of your choice* and compare notes. He has many dates and facts wrong.

It's obvious he pops wood when blaming the US.

edit on 16-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It's not just me:
www.washingtonsblog.com...

Gallup International’s poll of 68 countries for 2014 found the US as the greatest threat to peace in the world, voted three times more dangerous to world peace than the next country.

Among Americans, we overall voted our own nation as the 4th most dangerous to peace, and with demographics of students and 18-24 year-olds also concluding the US as the world’s greatest threat

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Also just look at the military budget, no other country comes even close so of course just alone by that it's the most dangerous one.
Since ww2 the military never became smaller but a tool to keep world dominance, not to make the world a better/safer place!

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join