It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurses' Union: Shocking Ways that TX Presbyterian Hospital Bungled it!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
VIRICIDE

www.amazon.com...

It's available to the public....it's used in Hospitals to clean OR's. I keep it on hand to keep the kids & family from passing the same cold around multiple times. This is only one brand, I saw they'd come out with a new & better product last year. ( not this particular company)

They "say" bleach kills most stuff, but let me assure you it DOES NOT! C-Diff, Mersa will exist in spore form on hard surfaces indefinitely. Viricide penetrates the spores outer covering to kill it dead. It's cheap enough about 10 bucks per 1/2 gallon, usually you use 2 oz per gallon of water.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78
Thanks! I'll check it out. I developed an allergy to bleach, so I will need to stock up on Singulair and a rescue inhaler.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill

it comes in different scents, so you have choices....LOL
You just mist it on surfaces and let it air-dry. Just not food prep surfaces if IIRC.....I prefer to be prepared and not count on others. btw...I used to be a hospital janitor.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
DP....sorry!!

edit on 15-10-2014 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
here's a example for our UK peeps

www.premiereproducts.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I just can't wrap my head around Texas Presbyterian's massive incompetence; lives may be lost and/or forever changed.
Duncan was not isolated for 3 hours. Blood vials were transported via the pneumatic tube system, violating the CDC's own edicts. Nurses who cared for Duncan also cared for others. What happened to those patients? Did they go to church, the grocery, the mall, or get on an airplane?

How many incubation periods are we talking about?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill

I didn't even have taking into consideration the many machines that obviously Mr. Duncan had attached to his body during his trial an error treatments.

Perhaps because hospitals board trying to cut in order to profit, they probably do not have enough equipment to handle high volume of sick, they recycle much of what they can.

With ebola been so infectious, and other patients need for equipment on ongoing treatment they probably did a half arse job disinfecting those machines.

I tell you, the more you think about the ifs and don'ts the more you head spin.

Personally I never ever thought that the incompetence of the hospital higher up handling ebola was going to get his out of control.

Like I say before, they need to evacuate that hospital for disinfestation and start from the ground up, or anybody that even get close to it will be infected

Anybody that is in the Dallas area and become sick of anything and need emergency visit, please chose another hospital.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
I wonder if these expensive life saving machines have been locked up or if they were power washed? (insert eye roll)

Texas Presbyterian is responsible for all Ebola-related nosocomial infections!

Lessons from viral hemorrhagic fevers and nosocomial infections
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

OMG. Breaking news...the latest Ebola patient FLEW the day before diagnosis.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: drwill

OMG. Breaking news...the latest Ebola patient FLEW the day before diagnosis.

Yes, !!!!!!!!!!!! doesn't that makes you scream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, even knowing that already one health care worked got infected the hospital higher ups didn't even took into consideration to make sure that all staff were on quarantine, they let the second nurse travel!!!!!!!!!!!

Incompetence, incompetence, moron and idiots.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
We were told that Ebola was a 3rd world problem and the US's superior health care system would stomp Ebola in it's tracks. Ah, but our modern nation is so wonderfully mod, it has given legs to Ebola via trains, planes, and automobiles.
A total SNAFU.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
After reading this new article from SF Gate, I'm shocked there aren't 50 healthcare workers from Texas Presbyterian sick with ebola. Check out a few quotes.

When he returned by ambulance at 10:07 a.m. on Sept. 28, he was sicker and probably more contagious. Staff noted immediately upon his intake that he had recently arrived from Liberia.
Five minutes later, a nurse notes that he is in a room and had "put on airborne precautions." Nine minutes after that, Duncan is seen by a doctor who writes that Ebola is a possibility and notes that he "followed strict CDC protocol" by being "masked, fully gowned and gloved" when treating Duncan.
The doctor makes no mention of eye protection such as goggles or a face shield, which are considered basic equipment in Ebola guidelines issued by the CDC. There is also no initial mention of foot coverings, which are suggested when such patients have diarrhea or vomiting, as Duncan did, according to the records.

Numerous entries in the records of Duncan's stay at the hospital — both in the ER and later in intensive care — make note of precautionary measures. Many other entries are silent on the issue, and the mention of hazardous-material suits does not appear in Duncan's records until after his diagnosis is confirmed on Sept. 30.

The remaining health care workers being monitored will be lucky to not come down with this dread disease.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Caver78

That is truth, but I thought all major hospitals do, in my neck of the woods anybody that is to visit a patient have to have permission from the patient, sign a form and sign in every time they come it.

I know I had 3 surgeries and is been like that even for my children and husband when they came to visit.

At the hospital near my sister's you have to show your driver's license. They make a copy of it and either make a badge or a sticker to be placed on your clothing. You then sign a chart stating who you're visiting. They're very careful with visitor logs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join