It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurses' Union: Shocking Ways that TX Presbyterian Hospital Bungled it!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

And CDC in Atlanta has successfully treated 3 patients with ebola and they recovered, with no infestations of staff, Do you know that?

See while I have mixed feelings about the bureaucracy behind CDC and who they answer too, I still believe that is the hospital the one that should make sure that procedures are follow strictly to the most possible and safety methods to avoid health hazards to health care workers.

Screw CDC, but the hospital procedures are questionable in Dallas.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Just listened to the full Nurses union Statement.

What a freaking disaster. The biggest bombshell is that other patients in the hospital were cared for by these very same unprotected nurses treating Duncan. It's clear the contact tracing just got a whole lot harder.

How many other exposed patients had visitors or went home to infect others?

Cluster F***
edit on 15-10-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Just how terrible is management at that hospital. This is the result of letting ignorant, over paid people make technical decisions.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Here's the full statement. EVERYONE SHOULD HEAR THIS.

edit on 15-10-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Actually records of all the people that were seen during the first and second visit of Duncan to the hospital should be available, including visitors to those that visited the hospital during that time.

Hospitals always keep a record of visits and stays.

It would not be difficult to track any of them, unless they were from out of state, that will be worst.

Obviously the hospital is at default on this one and in a big way, why if they were not ready for ebola they still took Duncan in, rather than calling CDC to come and get him and transfer him to Atlanta where is much more security.

Something doesn't add up here, specially with all the information coming out of how bad the hospital is when it comes to handleling and infectious disease.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck
ITA. The US can thank the CDC -- specifically Frieden -- for this debacle. But thank god for these brave nurses. The hospital threatened to fire anyone who talked, but it didn't stop the truth.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78
Thanks, and a star for posting--lots of food for thought here. But IMHO, Frieden was the guiding hand behind this mess. Back in late winter, Sofi was posting about the hot zones. Cutbacks aside, if Frieden hadn't underestimated the threat--and yesterday he admitted this on national TV--he could have gotten funds. Frieden's main concern was TB! He was/is obsessed with it. Frieden was woefully inadequate to handle any health crisis, much less Ebola.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill

This is the latest on the family members that lived with Duncan,

Family that lived with Texas Ebola victim showing no symptoms, mayor says

The family who shared an apartment with a Liberian man who died of Ebola in Texas is showing no signs of illness, while the dog of a nurse who contracted the deadly virus is healthy and being cared for, Dallas's mayor said on Tuesday.

Thomas Eric Duncan's girlfriend, her 13-year-old son and two nephews in their 20s had been living with Duncan before he was admitted to a Dallas hospital on Sept. 28.

"So far no signs of the virus in any of them," Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings said on CNN. "We check them twice a day, and everybody's healthy."

Rawlings said none of the other people being monitored after contact with Duncan, who died on Oct. 8, have gotten sick. There is a 21-day incubation period for the virus that has killed at least 4,400 people, predominantly in West Africa.

www.foxnews.com...

Personally I feel that the entired hospital should be quarantine and cleansed, the people should be put on observation for their safety and others and those sick should be transferred to Atlanta where they are better prepared for this type of infectious diseases

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Just listened to the full Nurses union Statement.

What a freaking disaster. The biggest bombshell is that other patients in the hospital were cared for by these very same unprotected nurses treating Duncan. It's clear the contact tracing just got a whole lot harder.

How many other exposed patients had visitors or went home to infect others?

Cluster F***

ITA. And I don't think we've heard everything.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Here's the full statement. EVERYONE SHOULD HEAR THIS.

bump

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Poor old county judge Clay. He is actually going to have to do the hard job associated with a disaster. Being popular doesn't necessarily mean a person has skills.

Hopefully US citizens will realize as far as preparedness that huge amounts of money, including salaries, have been paid and very little has been actually received in return. The Dallas case is proving this.
edit on 10/15/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Thanks!
You have to wonder why a carnival cruise ship can be decontaminated for norovirus, yet TX presby is still phaffing around?

Also tracking patient visitors is going to be a nightmare....most hospitals don't record family & friends who visit a patient unless they are in the ICU.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Is politics and bureaucracy behind all this and now the government wants to increase the corruption and more bureaucracy appointing a "ebola SZAR, this means more tax dollars for salaries, more agencies, more government staff and that takes time, meanwhile now the Hospital in Dallas can be considered an infected ebola spot.

People in the Dallas area needs to stay away from that hospital at all cost

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Thanks!
You have to wonder why a carnival cruise ship can be decontaminated for norovirus, yet TX presby is still phaffing around?

Also tracking patient visitors is going to be a nightmare....most hospitals don't record family & friends who visit a patient unless they are in the ICU.

It because of rule #1. "It's all about money".

Taking care of sick people is just a side effect of the money making system called health care.
edit on 10/15/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

That is truth, but I thought all major hospitals do, in my neck of the woods anybody that is to visit a patient have to have permission from the patient, sign a form and sign in every time they come it.

I know I had 3 surgeries and is been like that even for my children and husband when they came to visit.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

You know now that you bring that point I wonder why the government do use a hospital ship to house ebola quarantine it will be much easier to control the spread.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: roadgravel

Is politics and bureaucracy behind all this and now the government wants to increase the corruption and more bureaucracy appointing a "ebola SZAR, this means more tax dollars for salaries, more agencies, more government staff and that takes time, meanwhile now the Hospital in Dallas can be considered an infected ebola spot.

People in the Dallas area needs to stay away from that hospital at all cost

It's an opportunity for sure. let's face it, we don't get what we pay for. The people at the top want the money and ever thing is organized around getting the money. This hospital fiasco demonstrate how bad it is. Money for nothing.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
That's a great point--the visitors et. al.
Behind my eyes, one word keeps blinking: Fomites.

How fast viruses spread in buildings:
www.counselheal.com...

edit on 15-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Well if the MERSA is to be use as an example, we all know that it thrives very well within the healthcare facilities walls, I imagine that right now Dallas hospital is a breading ground for all kind of viruses due to the what we know now is poor quality sanitarian methods after the spread of ebola from one infected person.

I am sure that right now, even walking into the hospital right now in Dallas will render anybody exposed to ebola

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
I shudder to think of the ever-expanding contact list.

Also...I wonder what has been done to the dialysis machine that was used on Duncan. What about the respirator? Can they
even be decontaminated?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join