It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola, exposing government lies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hi guys,

I am curious - does anyone know if flies/mosquitoes/insects can carry aerosol particles as small as required by the ebola virus to transfer? How large do the insects have to be?

Is that a possibility? Do flies get attracted to the vomit, and mosquitoes to sweat etc...

Just thought I'd throw that wrench in the discussion.
edit on 15-10-2014 by sensibleSenseless because: line edit

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Concerning the fever, that link SPECIFICALLY SAYS a fever of 101.5 or higher.

The nurse who just became symptomatic had a 99 degree fever...that is still a fever.

So many people are confusing a fever and high fever because the media is not labeling it correctly. The LA Times is not a medical journal. anything over 98.6 is a fever (Usually 99.0+ indicates sickness). Anything over 101.5 is a high fever.

Read the link in Ikonoclasts post:

n brief, a suspected case is illness in any person, alive or dead, who has (or had) sudden onset of high fever and had contact with a person with a suspected, probable, or confirmed Ebola case or with a dead or sick animal; any person with sudden onset of high fever and at least three of the following symptoms: headache, vomiting, anorexia or loss of appetite, diarrhea, lethargy, stomach pain, aching muscles or joints, difficulty swallowing, breathing difficulties, or hiccupping; or any person who had unexplained bleeding or who died suddenly from an unexplained cause.

So that should actually read they did not get a HIGH FEVER.
edit on 15-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: sensibleSenseless

No. Bugs do not spread Ebola. This has been pretty well confirmed via the decades of research so far conducted.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
More people in the US die of lightening strikes each year than will ever die of Ebola.

OP is a fear mongering fool.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: duaneology

I actually think Jaded is genuinely concerned. This is just an example of armchair researchers knowing just enough to panic. (For example, not understanding the wording of Fever, or understanding that the pig study doesn't prove the point he wants it to)

The US has not only had 1 person die of Ebola of the 3 treated so far.

Nurse Pham seems to have caught it quick enough that she may survive as well. I think we are going to see that the Medical tech and the infrastructure in the US will prove that far more people could be surviving this disease than are currently.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The international community has failed African nations, in almost every respect.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If it is so easy to get it, wouldn't a lot more health care workers be sick by now? There has been a steady flow of health care workers going in and out of Africa since March this year, and many did not wear protective gear. Wouldn't we have heard before now that people were dying from being in close contact with them?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: duaneology

Not giving yourself much playing room, only 24 strike fatalities so far this year. Hope you are correct.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Ebola can live for hoursss after a person sneezes or sweats on any surface, even after it dries.......... Places where you can find it= Airplane seats, toilets, counters, door handles, bars, taxis, phones, etc.

Ebola is a VIRUS it changes and adapts EVERYTIME, we will not be able to find a vaccine in time, it just hit the USA and its spreading like butter on hot bread....... The CDC has no clue on what to do.

Prepare yourself for a Big pandemic and anarchy once the medical supplies start to drain in hospitals taking care of people infected.

Black coffins anyone?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

If I were to have taken on their whole site, thos would have been a multi-page OP, rather than parts.

Many of my source documents can actually be found at their website, so I am not quite sure what you're getting at with the grown man comment.

Regards to the CDC's role in all of this:

CDC's Role

· Detecting and responding to new and emerging health threats

· Tackling the biggest health problems causing death and disability for Americans

· Putting science and advanced technology into action to prevent disease

· Promoting healthy and safe behaviors, communities and environment

· Developing leaders and training the public health workforce, including disease detectives

· Taking the health pulse of our nation

Mission, Role and Pledge

Do I really need to go point by point here and compare them to their actions on the ground in Dallas (where applicable), in the face of everything we are learning now about how each of these new cases are being handled?

The problem is that all of the above was written by marketing teams and then nothing was ever actually done to fulfill the hype.

The CDC is an empty suit, a paper tiger, a façade.

If it cannot fullfill it's stated purpose for existence, it is nothing but refuse.
edit on 15-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical
Absolutely great informational thread. What scares me the most now is reading ikonoklast's research via those percentages of presenting symptoms, and how many are asymptomatic. After all, it's supposed to be a hemorrahgic fever, and yet there are many, apparently, that never present with a fever???

Something seems very off about that.
tetra50
eta. thanks for the great info and attempting to keep more people safe and healthy.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: cdesigns
Ebola can live for hoursss after a person sneezes or sweats on any surface, even after it dries.......... Places where you can find it= Airplane seats, toilets, counters, door handles, bars, taxis, phones, etc.

Ebola is a VIRUS it changes and adapts EVERYTIME, we will not be able to find a vaccine in time, it just hit the USA and its spreading like butter on hot bread....... The CDC has no clue on what to do.

Prepare yourself for a Big pandemic and anarchy once the medical supplies start to drain in hospitals taking care of people infected.

Black coffins anyone?

While it takes hundreds of teenie tiny flu/cold viruss to infect a person, it only takes 1 teenie tiny virus to infect a person with Ebola.

The virus from sweat, tears, urine, bowel, coughs, sneezes
lives an average of 8-15 hours on most surfaces
if not sterilized with bleach
not just wiped down.

Under cold conditions the virus has been demonstrated to live up to 50 hours on most surfaces, if not sterilized with bleach, not just wiped down with a cleanser.

It is actually incredibly easy to catch as is demonstrated by all the health care workers in Africa who followed hazmat protocol that have caught and died from Ebola.

The government is downright lying to us, which will end up causing more of a panic than if they had told the truth from the beginning and closed our borders.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
This will be a multi-part OP, so please bear with me and hold off on responding until I have all parts posted.

[snipped] I have compiled this thread summarizing excerpts from Ebola research by recognized authorities on the subject across the world and in most cases, my sources are also noted as benchmark institutions specifically in dealing with Ebola.

Anyone familiar with my posts will recognize a lot of this information. For anyone new to the topic, this thread may provide answers and suggest further avenues for discussion and research.

[snipped]
First off, let's start with the CDC/White House infographic:

Next point:

You can't catch Ebola through food in the U.S.

We found EBOV to be shed in a wide variety of bodily fluids during the acute phase of illness, including saliva, breast milk, stool, and tears. In most cases, the infected bodily fluid was not visibly contaminated by blood. Of particular concern is the frequent presence of EBOV in saliva early during the course of disease, where it could be transmitted to others through intimate contact and from sharing food, especially given the custom, in many parts of Africa, of eating with the hands from a common plate.

Outstanding! This brings out things that I mentioned many weeks in this forum. Beyond the "airborne" issue, I posted that Ebola could be transmitted by insects. Roaches for example -- they eat anything.

If you can get Ebola from an infected needle, then you should be able to get Ebola from mosquitoes. If asymptomatic dogs can carry Ebola, the mosquitoes & fleas that feed on an infected dog, can bite humans.

As for not being able to get Ebola from food -- that is such a lie. It's known that Ebola spread (in Africa) thru the eating of infected fruitbats -- "bushmeat."

It should be abundantly clear we are being lied to by our officials. I don't think it's just to quell public panic either.

Edited to cut out excessively long original quote.
edit on 15-10-2014 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

The people who caught it did not follow hazmat protocol. You are VERY confused. Have you even researched this a tiny bit? Why don't you Google images of the doctors names who got sick. You can see the type of gear they were wearing, the type of facilities they had, and the type of decontamination they did.

The doctor and nurse who got sick and first came to the USA were openly exposed to Ebola.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

No, that is not accurate. There are many that don't show a High Fever. I quoted from his article to show that they were specifically talking about a fever of 101.5 or greater.

Pretty much every Ebola patient ever had at least a mild grade fever. It is Ebola's way to make the body sweat so it can shed.

Those articles are saying that too much emphasis is put on looking for a high fever, when about 12-13% never ever have a high fever.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AuranVector

Your logic is so flawed...

You can get aids from a needle...can you get aids from a mosquito? That isn't how it works.

And when they say you can't catch Ebola from food, they don't mean eating bush meant. The CDC already issued a statement saying to avoid bush meat as it carries Ebola.

I personally don't put stock in the whole not catching it from food thing...I wouldn't chance it.
edit on 15-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: AuranVector

Your logic is so flawed...

You can get aids from a needle...can you get aids from a mosquito?

I have always wondered about that.

I would have thought so.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

The people who caught it did not follow hazmat protocol. You are VERY confused. Have you even researched this a tiny bit? Why don't you Google images of the doctors names who got sick. You can see the type of gear they were wearing, the type of facilities they had, and the type of decontamination they did.

The doctor and nurse who got sick and first came to the USA were openly exposed to Ebola.

Ok, have I researched it?

Here is a post I have put on many threads:

Read the following to learn: What does it take to be exposed to Ebola

The CDC says it is not airborne, because technically it is not, airborne in disease terms means the virus is small enough to travel more than a few feet in a sneeze or cough. The Ebola virus is large and falls within 3-4 feet of a sneeze and so is not technically airborne.

However, the cough and sneeze radius: would include anyone on the airplane to either side of the ill person also, the people behind and in front of the ill person. exposed

Anyone within a 3-4 foot radius - absolutely anywhere - if the sick person sneezes or coughs. exposed, as they walk past you anywhere or sit anywhere within 3-4 feet of you.

Using the urinal , the guy who is ill standing next to you sneezes or coughs or splashes urine on you, even on your clothes if you touch your clothes later. exposed

In an elevator with you anywhere and sneezes or coughs, exposed.

Also, if the person who is ill gets any bodily fluid on their hands - including sweat: whatever they touch will carry the germ long enough (estimates between 8-15 hours)

that if someone who is ill and didn't just wash their hands after sneezing, coughing, using the restroom, touching their eyes or mouth, sweating and you touch it within 8 hours after they do:

for instance touches a restroom slide , exposed

touches anything and you touch it, exposed

touches a door handle or pushes a door open, exposed

all within 8-15 hours after the ill person touches it, exposed

It has been proven that the virus remains live in semen for up to 90 days after the person "gets well". So anyone with any type of sexual contact, or masturbation secretions anywhere - exposed.

The CDC guy on Chris Matthews show
would not say that you could not catch it from
fever sweat that touches and arm rest or seat cushion, exposed

Think I am being a fear monger? Take a look at this.
Instructions for laboratory workers and health care workers:

SOURCES/SPECIMENS: Blood, serum, urine, respiratory and throat secretions, semen, and organs or their homogenates from human or animal hosts Footnote 1 Footnote 2 Footnote 53. COMMUNICABILITY: Communicable as long as blood, body fluids or organs, contain the virus. Ebolavirus has been isolated from semen 61 to 82 days after the onset of illness, and transmission through semen has occurred 7 weeks after clinical recovery Footnote 1 Footnote 2 Footnote 59 Footnote 60. Ebolavirus dried onto glass, polymeric silicone rubber, or painted aluminum alloy is able to survive in the dark for several hours under ambient conditions

www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

Canadian Health Department and CDC statements:

The Canadian Health Department states that airborne transmission of Ebola is strongly suspected and the CDC admits that Ebola can be transmitted in situations where there is no physical contact between people, i.e.: via direct airborne inhalation into the lungs or into the eyes, or via contact with airborne fomites which adhere to nearby surfaces. That helps explain why 81 doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers have died in West Africa to date.

www.americanthinker.com...

A common cold requires 100 to 250 cold viruses or virions to be transmitted……. The Ebola virus requires 1 (one) Virion or virus particle for transmission…….

Observation: It appears the US CDC is purposely lying to the American public about Ebola.

If it is so hard to catch, then how did Docs in haz mat suits catch it in Africa? They certainly weren't touching patients.

This is far nastier stuff than the American public is being told, we need to close our borders to people from infected countries until the pandemic is over,

and to protect ourselves,

shut down everywhere infected people have been in the US until 21 days after the last patient has been found,

harsh, yes,

hurt the economy, probably,

but that is better than millions upon millions of deaths.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
OP, your post should be required reading for everyone before they post anything about Ebola.

I've been trying to get the same message across on lots of threads and still people buy the "government" line.

The government is clearly outright lying to the public, I realize to stem panic. However, lying so transparently only reinforces the distrust that has grown to epic proportions in the US.

This could be the Democratic Waterloo, all the extreme lying about Ebola aside, they are trying desperately to blame it on the Republicans. However, it is the current administration that refuses to close the borders to people from infected countries. That is exactly how we got our first "homegrown" case of Ebola. A knowingly infected person traveling to the US in hopes of "the world's best medical care". Passed through the "screening" process and needlessly infected a US nurse. All avoidable if borders were closed to people from hot zones.

It's possible that there are people posting on ATS who are so naive that they actually believe the official lies.
On the other hand, there could be government disinfo agents.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

What does any of that have to do with my question to you? Have you researched the gear they had available in Africa? The answer is no or you wouldn't be claiming that they followed hazmat protocols.

You can post your wall of text for personal affirmation all you want, but those doctors who contracted it did not follow proper protocols.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join