It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Outbreak: SEE for Yourself (SlideShow)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: hurdygurdy
How literate are west Africans and is English their second language ? Why are the signs printed in English rather than their native language ?

A good number Africans do learn English through the American built schools. Some know their native language, but what good what it be to post a picture of a sign that says DO NOT ENTER in that native language? Not many U.S. readers would know what it's saying. Many though, unfortunately, are extremely illiterate. By posting the signs in english, the intelligent citizens who know english, can read it and pass it on to the rest of the community.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76Where's the PROOF that it's real???? A case here, and a case there, hardly proves anything. 4,000 deaths hardly means anything.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

How literate are west Africans and is English their second language ? Why are the signs printed in English rather than their native language ?

A good number Africans do learn English through the American built schools. Some know their native language, but what good what it be to post a picture of a sign that says DO NOT ENTER in that native language? Not many U.S. readers would know what it's saying. Many though, unfortunately, are extremely illiterate. By posting the signs in english, the intelligent citizens who know english, can read it and pass it on to the rest of the community.

English is generally understood across the country, being the language of business, politics and the media, and is regarded as the country's lingua franca. But it only ranks a joint fifth (with Setswana) as a home language. Read more: www.southafrica.info...#ixzz3G5sVMhWI
Politics and the media. That's why the signs are in English.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ImDaMan

the dead are the proof, I dunno go head out to west africa, and sleep with the sick.. That should be proof enough, dont ask me, go find out yourself and stop trolling ats...

edit on b252014-10-14T00:25:23-05:00America/Chicago103176 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints

originally posted by: ImDaMan

Are you making a point here?
If so, I'm not sure what it is.
I thought i made my point. But, in case you missed it, the point is: PROPAGANDA; that people believe is a real threat.

You know what i think. I think the boy has cried wolf, one too many times. Now, the wolf (NWO, AGENDA 21, Georgia Guidestones), is here but nobody believes it. People are about to voluntarily give up their freedoms for security. Everything "Conspiracy Theorists" have been saying, for years, is about to come to fruition. WATCH!

Ok,
That's all very interesting.
Maybe you should go tell the families of the 4000 dead in west Africa that they don't need to worry. They buried their deceased friends and family for no reason.
Maybe you should tell the 4000 that survived ebola that they were just faking it and you think they are liars.

I think we should export all of our "ebola hoax" insiders to west Africa to help out with the ebola victims.
They would be immune to the virus because it's all just a big game.
Maybe you should ty to explain why a relatively easy virus to contain has spread globally. Why are western nations allowing this to infiltrate their countries? Why did the POTUS allow the southern border to remain open when they were well aware of this potential pandemic?

Have any answers?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I watched the slideshow and everyone is so clean and pristine, as if they were dressed up for a photo shoot. The guys in PPE are fresh as a daisy. No blood, vomit or other body fluids are present anywhere on the set.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

ignorance, and greed Remember Duncan, is the one that brought it to the states due to the lack of proper protocol. There is a treatment for ebola, by the way it was used on the American, health care workers.. I highly doubt it will be used as population control in the USA.. Even if the treatment is on backorder LOL which to me is a complete joke, and once again enforces my belief in ignorance and greed, there was no money in making the treatment... Not yet at least I am sure they are making a crap ton of it now... For all we know if we really want to get into the cloak and dager critical thinking here, this can be used to justify obama care...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

No, the signs should be written in their native language for the native people to read.

Unless of course, it is more important for Americans to read these signs than the Africans.

So busted.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

I have friends in West Africa. I can assure you, the Ebola outbreak is real. If you want to be angry about something, be angry at the complete ineptitude of our government and the CDC. Together, through their bumbling ineptitude, they have allowed the Ebola virus to take root in the US.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: hurdygurdy

Agreed. While I don't want to see barf, crap and suffering, I'm surprised by the lack of it on uniforms, people etc.

And I know this ebola variant has way less bleeding as a symptom, and I truly respect if photographers are not wanting to take photos in someone's worst moments, but even some bloody noses, clothes, eyes would seem normal. Not sure what to think.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

The outbreak may be real, but are the photos coming in on western media being sanitized for western eyes?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hurdygurdy

The top picture is in Monrovia, Liberia.

And the official language of Liberia is English.

en.wikipedia.org...

Liberia is a multilingual country where more than thirty languages are spoken by the local population. English is the official language

If you do a image search of the place you will see things like shop signs and stuff are also in English.

edit on 14-10-2014 by joho99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ImDaMan

So how do they plan to kill off 93% of humans with a fake virus and removing some freedoms?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Ebola is scarey maybe this is how ppl react when they are scared and don't really have any real answers.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
Maybe you should ty to explain why a relatively easy virus to contain has spread globally. Why are western nations allowing this to infiltrate their countries? Why did the POTUS allow the southern border to remain open when they were well aware of this potential pandemic?

Have any answers?

1. The rest of the world waited too long to assist the affected countries.
2. The people in those countries are scared and leaving through porous borders thereby infecting new areas.
3. I can't speak for other western nations but the USA is being run by idiots. No precautions and allowing people from affected areas to enter the country without any testing.
4. Our government leaves the southern border open because every illegal that enters the country is seen as a future voter (diluting the vote of citizens) and opportunity to expand the necessity and size of government.

Epidemics and pandemics are a part of the world we live in.
Might be a good idea to deal with them rather than pretend that they can't happen, or aren't happening.

edit on 14-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

Have any answers?

1. The rest of the world waited too long to assist the affected countries.
2. The people in those countries are scared and leaving through porous borders thereby infecting new areas.
3. I can't speak for other western nations but the USA is being run by idiots. No precautions and allowing people from affected areas to enter the country without any testing.
4. Our government leaves the southern border open because every illegal that enters the country is seen as a future voter (diluting the vote of citizens) and opportunity to expand the necessity and size of government.

Epidemics and pandemics are a part of the world we live in.
Might be a good idea to deal with them rather than pretend that they can't happen, or aren't happening.

I really don't care what's happening "in other countries". As you alluded to, we have no control over what they do. However we do have control over what we do here. It seems that "our government" is more concerned about control over it's legal citizens and what they do in their homes within the borders of this nation, than outsiders infiltrating it. So we must assume they feel they have total control over whom ever is within the borders whether here legally or not. However there's no excuse for the failure to contain this disease and to not allow it to move throughout the country unchecked, unless that's exactly what they want - or at least the impression of such. This is an easy virus to contain and it was much easier to do so when it wasn't on terra firma here, but was know to have existed thousands of miles away on other shores. The lax approach, IMO, was intentional and I think anyone looking at it reasonably can make the same determination.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I think we should export all of our "ebola hoax" insiders to west Africa to help out with the ebola victims.

That has been EXACTLY my thought any time I hear anyone talk about how this whole thing is a Hoax......

The level of disconnect and cynicism they have for the world has to be on a truly monumental scale......

It seems Ebola isnt the only thing people are being afflicted by, Delusion seems to be far more prevalent

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
It seems Ebola isnt the only thing people are being afflicted by, Delusion seems to be far more prevalent

Delusions of grandeur, agreed. People that think that there would be a coordinated international staging of events in Africa just to convince them of certain things do tend to think way too highly of themselves. That and a very interesting lack of historical knowledge. For the posters that asked why the signs in english? There are 23 countries in Africa in which English is the second language or used for commercial purporses. The British Empire was not an empire in just the title.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ImDaMan

Are you making a point here?
If so, I'm not sure what it is.
I thought i made my point. But, in case you missed it, the point is: PROPAGANDA; that people believe is a real threat.

You know what i think. I think the boy has cried wolf, one too many times. Now, the wolf (NWO, AGENDA 21, Georgia Guidestones), is here but nobody believes it. People are about to voluntarily give up their freedoms for security. Everything "Conspiracy Theorists" have been saying, for years, is about to come to fruition. WATCH!

Oh really ..? Instead of hiding behind your screen ..why don't you go there and hang out then, and prove it does not exist .. if it's all a 'conspiracy' ..I guarantee you will be gone in 48 hours after exposure ..

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Because everyone in Liberia speaks English and most of the surrounding countries speak English, having been former colonies. Liberia was founded as a country for former slaves by Americans. That is why they speak English and their flag is modeled after the US flag and they all have anglo names.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join