It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Snyderman Newscrew BROKE QUARANTINE, Mandatory (rather than voluntary) Quarantine Ordered

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is unbelievable; Breitbart is reporting that Dr. Snyderman and crew were seen driving out to a restaurant, one member of the crew went into the building to pick up a takeout order. If an MD doesn't understand the seriousness of this, who will? How hard is it to stay in a hotel room or your own house for 21 days, and order food brought in, especially when your expense account is paying for the whole thing? Just think of how hard quarantine will be for the masses who don't have access to NBC's credit card for pizza deliveries.

newssource

Breitbart

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hubris. Arrogance. Disdain. Disregard. Willful Ignorance.

None of which are very good qualities on the job, certainly not in journalism. If I was their boss at NBC, I'd fire them.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire
More than a few MDs are narcissistic. Many feel invincible. An MD friend of ours recently died because he failed to take antibiotics for an abscessed tooth, and he was cleared by anesthesia for surgery. Died on the table.
Good docs exist, sure, but imho, it's Consumer Beware. Medical and hospital care ain't the 3 Stooges ...but millions of smug stooges. We are seeing this played out in the Media right now with America's response to it's first real medical crisis.

edit on 12-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
What was that statement made a while back by several people: "Ebola will not survive in America because the country has the best medical facilities and the country is clean" ?
pfft...
edit on 12-10-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

this is another thing I was bringing up earlier...once lawyers start getting involved in this the economy is gonna take a #...the lawsuits that will be never ending

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

After years of working in the medical field, I'm convinced that the majority of docs cheated their way through med school; there's far too many of them that are adamant they know everything and that their few years in a pressure cooker environment with not nearly enough sleep to properly remember the oodles of detailed information they were expected to regurgitate on demand were sufficient to make a well rounded and knowledgeable clinician. Nope, sorry; it takes years of actual experience, an open mind, and more time than they actually have to read the new information that's always coming out and make sense of conflicting studies...

Add in that their 'medical education' was the work of the Rockefellers and the pharmaceutical industry, and we can see the problem. Add in the demonization of anyone with a cheap and natural method of treating diseases that you can't patent, and you have arrogance plus profit motive running our vaunted 'western model' of health care.

I finally found myself an actual good doctor, after nearly 60 years of useless 15 minute long 'visits' with hacks; he was in the military as a medic before he went to med school and only graduated in his late 40s; he's on to the scam but still hampered by the regulations.
edit on 11301210pmSundayf30Sun, 12 Oct 2014 12:30:11 -0500America/Chicago by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
What was that statement made a while back by several people: "Ebola will not survive in America because the country has the best medical facilities and the country is clean" ?
pfft...

This is a true statement. They just leave out the other part "if you can afford it".

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I have to agree. I think it is that way for nursing as well these days as they try to pump them out to meet demand. A demand increasing in part because of the holes left by the lack of qualified MD's. I have often thought that some sort of apprenticeship or mentorship program would make for better medicine but with so many facilities scrambling for competent personnel, I just don't see how that is possible. A treadmill of our own making I guess. Such a mess.

Edited to add:

Sorry about the derail. I suppose the situation we are in with the medical field is only ancillary to your OP.

edit on 12-10-2014 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
pfft...

There is a reason why she wasn't in active practice somewhere. You can say it was because being a medical correspondent was making her more money, but I'll bet it wasn't the only reason ...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

All apt adjectives for the CDC and this administration's handling of the situation.

Saying we have the best healthcare system in the world and that you can't catch Ebola sitting next to someone with it on a bus are perfect examples. From the meaningless to the out right lie.

Morons.

Now they ensure public panic and public distrust of the government.

The former would have been dealt with a lot better if the latter had been preserved.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I guess doctors need not heed to these quarantines. Idiots, setting a poor example for others who will assuredly be quarantined shortly hereafter.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Is anybody really surprised? It's Nancy Snyderman. She is a joke..like most network MD's.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Its stupid # like this that will allow Ebola to spread and get most of us KILLED!

Screw the CDC its time its get serious. Time to call out the Army's Biological Warfare Unit which are based out of Fort Detrick, Maryland and place them in charge. No more voluntary quarantine, MANDATORY for the NEXT 21 DAYS PERIOD!

EBOLA is a Level 4 Biohazard, Its so dangerous there is NO cure and if it spreads can decimate a population (60-90% fatality rate or in laymans terms your dead).

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If you have faith in the average person, you won't if this situation escalates. The majority of people are not trustworthy.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm not surprised. Nancy is known to be a massive attentionwhore. She knew this would lead to media attention and she wants every bit of it. She is a media person before a doctor.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

None of which are very good qualities on the job, certainly not in journalism. If I was their boss at NBC, I'd fire them.

She should be confined into a facility behind locked doors for violating her voluntary quarantine and have her MD revoked.

According to TMZ, she and a "pony-tailed man" drove their Mercedes to a placed called the Peasant Grill in Hopewell Boro, New Jersey. Anyone living there or working there needs to be advised.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

this is another thing I was bringing up earlier...once lawyers start getting involved in this the economy is gonna take a #...the lawsuits that will be never ending

I never thought about that, our country is really messed-up.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Wasn't it somewhere in Africa where an entire street was put in quarantine, but one of local officials decided that she wasn't going to stay there and moved to another part of the city?

You could just imagine something like that in the UK. If the army put up MOD style quarantine fencing and guardposts halfway along a street of detached houses, it would be an MP who would demand that the fence is moved five meters up the road so that it doesn't stop their use of their driveway and car for daily work.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Nicorette

I don't think for ebola there should be 'voluntary' quarantine. It should be anything but voluntary as this stupid woman has demonstrated.

With a killer disease surely legislation should be put through immediately to make it a crime to go into the public domain if you have symptoms of ebola. What is wrong with staying at home and ringing the health services to advie them of your condition, thereby not infecting a lot of people selfishly.

Talking over the phone with a medic could give the authorities an idea of whether you actually have something else and put your mind at rest. Our governments seem to get legislation that restricts our rights through fast when it wants to but funnily enough ebola, because it comes from africa seems to be a sacred cow and not thought of as a killer yet rather than a PC problem.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nicorette

originally posted by: kosmicjack

She should be confined into a facility behind locked doors for violating her voluntary quarantine and have her MD revoked.

According to TMZ, she and a "pony-tailed man" drove their Mercedes to a placed called the Peasant Grill in Hopewell Boro, New Jersey. Anyone living there or working there needs to be advised.

Unbelievable. How could a medical doctor be so incredibly callous and stupid as to violate such an order? She knows better! Now the entire crew is under mandatory quarantine thanks to her lack of self control. Was her soup worth the risk? I don't think so!

No soup....no matter how good it is....is worth the risk she took. The good doctor could have ordered takeaway and had someone deliver it.

It looks like the restaurant was roped off. If you go to Mail Online's main page (US version) scroll down to where the article is...you can't miss it. It's near the top of the page. You'll see a picture of the restaurant having been roped off. Does this mean the entire place will be shut down for several weeks?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

If I worked there or owned the place I'd get a lawyer and sue Dr. Snyderman.

Oh, and btw - if the CDC truly believed that the risk of contamination was low, why the voluntary quarantine? And once that got violated, why make it mandatory? I still believe this is/could be airborne. Look at all the precautions Dr. Brantly, the Spanish physician and that nurse in Dallas took. And they STILL got infected.

Dr. Snyderman needs to be fired.
edit on 13-10-2014 by dianajune because: typo

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join