It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Snyderman Newscrew BROKE QUARANTINE, Mandatory (rather than voluntary) Quarantine Ordered

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Snyderman and her colleagues are getting lambasted by other media outlets for this, saying it's irresponsible and sets a bad example and that, particularly, people who have traveled to West Africa to cover Ebola should be well aware of the implications for spreading the disease.

GOOD!

The credibility is totally shot.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Here is her apology:

www.nj.com...

While under voluntary quarantine guidelines, which called for our team to avoid public contact for 21 days, members of our group violated those guidelines and understand that our quarantine is now mandatory until 21 days have passed.

We remain healthy and our temperatures are normal.

As a health professional I know that we have no symptoms and pose no risk to the public, but I am deeply sorry for the concerns this episode caused.

We are thrilled that [NBC Cameraman] Ashoka [Mukpo] is getting better and our thoughts continue to be with the thousands affected by Ebola whose stories we all went to cover.

So she didn't reference herself, personally?
Stay classy Doctor.
edit on 10/13/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
can't help but being reminded of hurricane katrina coverage where a teenager seized on the sidewalk while a reporter held a water bottle and told us about the lack of water. Just saying.
tetra50

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that not once did she own up to HER violation of the quarantine. Not once. Wasn't she the only one who did so (other than the two men who were in that vehicle with her)?

I still think she needs to be fired.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Guess she had a hot date and didn't want to cancel it. What a dweeb.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I think this woman doctor is the exception to the rule. There's a bad apple in every bunch.

I'm pretty shocked at all the negative posts about doctors and health professionals in general. The younger doctors seem to be less ego-riddled IMO and more on top of modern medicine than the older ones, though.

Where do we go when in the middle of the night our appendix or gall bladder makes us scream out in pain? What about that sudden chest pain?

Medical professionals' ethics and personalities are a sampling of our society in general. We get what we deserve, basically. They are not much different than you or me.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Can we resurrect North Brother Island for Nancy and her crew since they are bound and determined to become the next Typhoid Mary? I'm more than willing to call Nancy, Ebola Nancy if that is what she prefers. I seriously do not know if she pulled this out of ignorance, or because she's been out of the news for a few days and felt the need to "become the story" rather than report the story. Boiling mad right now. If ANYONE would know better it would be a doctor! OMG!!! Heck we learned about carriers when our family went through 7 weeks of strep throat. One person would get it and infect another, who'd get better and infect another, who'd get better and reinfect another. Eventually the doctor got tired of seeing everyone 3 or 4 times and put the entire family on antibiotics. The only person who never got sick was my father. He was the one who was the carrier. He got it from work, brought it in, infected one of the kids, who in turned passed it on for 7 weeks. Now if I new THEN at age 10 what a carrier was, I KNOW for a fact Snyderman knows she has a possibility of getting Ebola during the 21 day incubation period. Stupid witch, soup was so important it was worth risking the health and lives of other people????? Ugh! I'm going to be sick!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

this is another thing I was bringing up earlier...once lawyers start getting involved in this the economy is gonna take a #...the lawsuits that will be never ending

We already see this happening with the Duncan family talking about suing because Duncan died, according to Jesse Jackson, because he was black. I'm sure more will die of this horrid disease before the end of this is through and I'm sure Ebola will not discriminate. I'm wondering what Jackson's response will be then?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Here is her apology:

www.nj.com...

While under voluntary quarantine guidelines, which called for our team to avoid public contact for 21 days, members of our group violated those guidelines and understand that our quarantine is now mandatory until 21 days have passed.

We remain healthy and our temperatures are normal.

As a health professional I know that we have no symptoms and pose no risk to the public, but I am deeply sorry for the concerns this episode caused.

We are thrilled that [NBC Cameraman] Ashoka [Mukpo] is getting better and our thoughts continue to be with the thousands affected by Ebola whose stories we all went to cover.

So she didn't reference herself, personally?
Stay classy Doctor.

Have to love those "I did it, but it wasn't me" apologies. Sounds like the makings of a great politician! F(*&(g moron!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

She looks like Lois Lerner, so it doesn't surprise me that she thinks she's above the law.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Dr. Snyderman is definitely an idiot. I figured that out when she said one time that whomever was on hormone replacement (estrogen) should stop taking it immediately. What a stupid blanket statement. If you are someone who went through a very early menopause (like in your 30's), or was forced through an early menopause via a hysterectomy, then hormone replacement is advantageous to protect your heart. What she should have said was, discuss with your doctor to see if going off hormone replacement is the right thing for you. After that, I never watched her or paid any attention to what she spews. She's a moron who is on tv because she's fairly attractive.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

This could easily be a startof of zombism .. I see it happen that people who can't afford treatment run up to people and get them infected as a revenge of not being treated .and probably will be shot down or killed .

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm against mandatory quarantines. We have basic freedoms.

What I'm actually more surprised/concerned about, is why is the cameraman being treated in Nebraska rather than Dallas and how have we heard so little about that?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Freenrgy2
She looks like someone, so you judge her character based on that??

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I doubt very seriously anyone will hear one peep from him about the nurse who caught it.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
a reply to: Freenrgy2
She looks like someone, so you judge her character based on that??

Don't be all high and judgemental.

Let's put it like this. If someone robbed you and shot you, and you saw their face. Then months later you saw someone who looked like the perpetrator... I know you would cringe. Even though they were not the perpetrator... You would cringe just because they reminded you of the robbery event.

Same principle applies.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

I think being brutally attacked by someone might well have such an influence. It's quite a different scenario than basing judgement upon looks of someone in a situation that wasn't anywhere near as personal.
I think it's funny that you thought my comment was high and judgmental when I was commenting on someone else's judgement of guilt by association.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Love the no apology apology.

I know we didn't pose any risk, but we're sorry if YOU were too stupid to understand that.

What part of "voluntary quarantine" did she not get? Of course she and her crew aren't likely to be ill and likely weren't ill then, but if they come down with Ebola, now anyone they came into contact with during this breach will also have to be quarantined just to be safest.

This voluntary quarantine was a courtesy for everyone around her, and she and her crew blew it.

edit on 14-10-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe
Seems like Snyderman is more of a celeb than a medical expert. I bet her stethoscope has 5 inches of dust on it.
As for the doc bashing, hubris prolly depends on the MD's personality, not his/her age/gender.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I think being brutally attacked by someone might well have such an influence. It's quite a different scenario than basing judgement upon looks of someone in a situation that wasn't anywhere near as personal.

I likened my example to the similarity mentioned by the poster. It's obviously not the same situation, but the same principle applies (as mentioned earlier).

I think it's funny that you thought my comment was high and judgmental when I was commenting on someone else's judgement of guilt by association.

Just trying to stop misunderstandings and knee-jerk judgments when someone posts their honest feelings. They shouldn't be disparaged for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join