It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there so many judgmental, sanctimonious, assuming people these days IT DRIVES ME MAD!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
People change when they log on....

I know I do....

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I must be the exception to the rule. In real life I am much less patient with people than I am online.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
Ninety percent of what people type out in forums like this consists of things that they would never say in a real world environment.

Unless you know all those people personally Heff, that's an assumption. And a big one at that.

Personally, the way I word what I do online is the much the same as how I word things when I talk to people IRL (there's an exception). I see no reason to put up personality fronts online when it's all, ultimately, the least private thing you can do. I've been called a lot of things in my life, but "fake" was never one of them.

OP, I agree that assumptions bite and the people who make them suck. When I run across them I have to wonder what went wrong in their lives to make them so unsure of themselves that they have to assume the worst in others in order for them to feel superior to them.

Pay them no mind, they have issues you don't want to get involved with. Raise your child the way you see fit. You sound like a good dad. And I have to agree with Heff here, PS3.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I know I do....

Why?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

Unless you know all those people personally Heff, that's an assumption. And a big one at that.

Point taken and conceded. Can we agree upon the phrasing "Many people"?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Sadly Heff, yes. Not sad because I agree with you, but sad that so many people feel the need to put on a mask.

But this has been happening long before the internet made it easier.

The more things change the more they stay the same I guess.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It's because the struggle is real.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

I know I do....

Why?

It has to do with expression and the use of language. I don't write the same way I speak; usually in person to person discourse, I use profanity, employ a cultural form of Spanglish on occasion, use obscure idioms unknown in other cultures, and hand gestures, facial expressions, body language is a tremendous form of communication, impossible on the inter-webs.
To communicate on the www. I try to convey my thoughts in a completely different manner than when using direct speech.

My critical, cynical, and basically elitist personality stays the same.
edit on 12-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
OP..I am a fireman / paramedic, my dad was a fireman, my grandfather a fireman... We bonded alot over this as well as taking martial arts and lifting weights growing up. One of my best memories I will never ever forget though... sitting in the floor of our living room playing video games with each other. Cherish every moment with your child whether it is playing video games, eating gmo foods, or taking them shooting to the range. Haters will hate..

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

It has to do with expression and the use of language. I don't write the same way I speak; usually in person to person discourse, I use profanity, employ a cultural form of Spanglish on occasion, use obscure idioms unknown in other cultures, and hand gestures, facial expressions, body language is a tremendous form of communication, impossible on the inter-webs.

LOL!!! .... And that is precisely why I personally MISS THOSE OLD EMOTIONS

They had character!!!

edit on 12-10-2014 by eletheia because: an ommission

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
People are so bloody quick these days to give their opinions and make assumptions it drives me insane.
Yeah, just like the thirty odd threads you have started about Muslims saying pretty much the same thing in every one.
You appear judgmental as # to me from everything I've seen you post while quoting the Express or the Daily Mail.

I'm as concerned as anyone else about people sneaking into the UK but you seem to have an anti-Muslim agenda as far as I see things.
Pity, it spoils your message due to the rabid style of posting new thread after new thread over and over.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join