It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there so many judgmental, sanctimonious, assuming people these days IT DRIVES ME MAD!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
My Sunday has been wrecked by such people. In a separate post yesterday I asked if Xbox better than PS3 for my 7 year old at Xmas. Some kind people have answered me but some have told me my child should be running, cycling, flying kite, all assumptions. My child goes to dodgeball, marshall arts, cubs camping, swimming, riding bike and flying kites in peak district. I would never let him play on anything violent or beyond his age and yet I have felt yhe need to defend myself and say he wouldnt have this in bedroom like he doesnt have tv it would be in living room.

People are so bloody quick these days to give their opinions and make assumptions it drives me insane. It would be the same as me making the assumption that because you are on ATS means you have no real friends, you dont work and you are a fruit cake (not that I do think that I hasten to add otherwise that would put me in that catagory). REALLY UPSET3

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Being presumptuous is the worst trait in a Human...
Aside from sexual deviancy!!!

S&F!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Agreed. Still have smoke coming out of my ears. Need to calm down lola reply to: CharlieSpeirs

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Lol I know how you feel...

Always hated people assuming sh#...

Have a cup of tea

edit on 12-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Don't stress I get the same flack from some.
I grew up a tomboy who was outside most of the time with other boys in the neighborhood, but it's unrealistic to think kids can be outside every minute of every day.
Plus children need exposure to technology, the earlier the better, it's part of our future and it's important. Whether they are racing, fighting or zapping objects it's all slightly relative and opens up a door for future learning.
So unless you going to buy a system then lock your kids away in a room I wouldn't fret for a second what other parents have to say. Plus a true parent never tells someone else how to raise their own kids.

Have fun with your new toy!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

You have to take it all with a HUGE grain of salt. Ninety percent of what people type out in forums like this consists of things that they would never say in a real world environment. There's a LOT of horse dung to dig through to find the pony online.

Having said that: I would personally suggest the PS3 as Sony tends to have a better track record of supporting their older hardware. Microsoft gaming systems usually end up obsolete because MS tries to get all of the "last version" software out of stores as quickly as they can.

Either way, whichever one has the better price when you shop should light up your kids faces on Christmas morning.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I was reading your thread. I didn't post because of that.
Holy keyboard warrirors saving the planet with their empty words,
forgetting they are talking to a real person..

Where's the positivity in that?

Have a good day. Hope you got an idea of what you should get.
Some fo my best childhood nostalgia involves Super Nintendo.
My dad would play with me. Still chokes me up a bit.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Ya some people enjoy rubbing people the wrong way . I let my 5 year old play minecraft at night she loves it and is getting better at it . Lego is messy and expensive. My kids run around all day what is 30 min if she wants to in the evening to play with her imagination ( be it blocks, lego , minecraft ,sometimes she wants to read or do math )

Screw the other people say let them judge. I would love to see inside the house hold of these people and see how they are with their lives and families .

Don't let it ruin your day that is just letting them win . Enjoy your day off don't let these morons get to you with that crap

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

X Box versus PS3/4 discussion from a genius.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

Those are the newest versions, she's looking at last-gen.

Where the new ones are concerned, read up on just how evil the Kinect camera is and you'd fear Xbox One in a very Orwellian way, The darn thing can read your mood by facial expression and body temperature AND tell how many people are in the room and their moods as well.

Skeery stuff.

The 360 works without the camera ( Kinect ) whereas the Xbox One will not.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: freedomSlave
Lego is messy and expensive.

Left out excruciatingly painfully when stepped on at 1 AM while walking to the kitchen for a past midnight snack.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I think that you asked a reasonable question, and kudos to you for having the kid outside being active and watching what he/she would play on a gamebox.

I think that a kid with a gaming box will grow up more sociable with the exception of live on-line FPS's, those people can be brutal. It was only Pong when I was growing up, but the kids who had that on crappy days always had friends over.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Thank you kind people you have restored my faith in humanity! I think the post that bothered me the most was asking if I was going to introduce my child to smoking and alcohol and carry on being a lazy father! For all these posters know I could have a child who is physically disabled people need to sometimes stop and think a minute about the impact their words could be having. Anyway smoke has now stopped coming from ears picking child up from swimming now and taking him to friend's birthday party (laser tag) so could come back to posts telling me he is going to become future serial killer! lol x

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Guy at my work complain that my kids are into tech. EVEN WHEN THEIR KIDS HAVE THE SAME TECH I stay in Scotland in the winter it is very very cold. So when the kids are here then we have a few options watch movies together or bond playing video games! Never anything violent or unsuitable usually games based on cartoon shows they like.

My eldest has epilepsy autism and behavior problems so at times it is not the best option to be going out into public and causing any more stress to any of the 3 of us. Having an xbox, an ipad or a tablet for him or his brother to play is healthy in defusing fights between them both and giving them alone time in my tiny 1 bed flat.

It always seems to be families who are not separated and do not have the experience of dealing with a disabled child who are more judgmental in the way my ex partner or I spend time with our children. I think they lack the empathy to understand the financial and social impracticalities of taking my boys out to do an activity each and every time I have them which can be 4 days a week.

In the Summer we go for long drives, dog walks, out on their scooters, to the park, to BBQs and play dates but I think people must realize is that for me personally being outdoors all the time would be perfect if I had a garden but because I don't going out is very dependent on how my eldest is that day.

How you choose to raise your children is nothing to do with anyone else.
I was out all the time as a child but I still loved SNES and Megadrive games in Winter and days when it was raining.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is an opinion based site. We give our opinion on many topics here. They are opinions. That's it. Always remember, if you put it out there, people from all over the world are going to give you their perspective and opinion on it. Take the opinions that are helpful and work for you. Leave the rest where they sit.
You're relatively new here. With a little time and understanding of how ATS works, your skin will get thicker, and little will bother you. You may even come to appreciate some of those judgemental, sanctimonious, assuming people.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Being presumptuous is the worst trait in a Human...
Aside from sexual deviancy!!!

S&F!!!

And both are judged very subjectively by the individual.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
You are on a forum where people believe in fringe ideas and some embrace them wholeheartedly, throw that in with the fact we are anonymous you have a perfect storm for douche-baggery.

So sayeth the wise Alaundo

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: badgerprints

Those are the newest versions, she's looking at last-gen.

Yeah,
I know.
I was going for "lighten the mood".
Guess I missed the mark.

I wouldn't know an x box from a ps3 myself.

I agree with the OP.
Some folks have no personal boundaries.
On the internet it's exponentially worse.
Ask advice on something for your kid and half the answers are that you're a bad parent because you haven't gotten the kids through Ranger School yet.

People got no class any more.

As for the camera you were talking about,
"The darn thing can read your mood by facial expression and body temperature AND tell how many people are in the room and their moods as well."
Not surprised.
I have a band aid over my web cam on my laptop out of sheer paranoia.

edit on 12-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Your kids. Not theirs.

You raise them. They don't.

Nothing wrong with allowing your child to enjoy electronics while making sure they are also "out and getting sunshine"

My son has a PC, Xbox and a Wii.
He also has 10 acres of land, a pool, a trampoline, a bike, Boy Scouts and LOTS of running around that he does. He's fine and gets the best of both worlds.

One thing we don't have is TV and Cable/Satellite....go figure.

Ignore those that didn't simply answer your question.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The internet has allowed people to remove the filter they would normally use in a face to face encounter, and post the things that are really on their minds....unfortunately.....some people, because of the anonymity, proudly parade their idiocy to the world. Without social filters, people are judgmental and make huge assumptive leaps with very little information. Allow me to pass my own judgment:

Welcome to the idiotnet.

<<   2 >>

join