It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom tried to kill daughters after receiving ‘end of the world’ messages from estranged pastor hu

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Suprise....still pandering to the lowest common denominator

ontgomery, Illinois, woman who attempted to kill her three daughters told police that she wanted them to “meet Jesus Christ,” after receiving messages from her estranged pastor husband telling her the world was coming to an end, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

Police arrived at the door of Pamela J. Christensen, 47, on Sept. 25 following two 9/11 hang-up calls to discover the woman covered in blood.

According to court documents, Christensen dropped to her knees and confessed that she had tried to kill her daughters.

For some reason, I see these type of incidences starting to be the norm. Hopeless people all drugged on big pharma medication, alcohol and religion and totally incapable of rationality. Perhaps the trend in legalizing MJ might help many people get a little perspective....nah, mindless extravagance will continue to rule the day.

Deus succurro nos totus...!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Believing in a religion is one thing, killing your children over it is quite another. Are these people mindless? Those poor sweet little kids lost their lives because a parent who they trusted those lives to decided to end them. Makes me furious!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Thats the physcapath that needs to be thrown into a meat grinder its people like that that that destroy and tarnish the name of GOD a reply to: olaru12

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

For some reason, I see these type of incidences starting to be the norm. Hopeless people all drugged on big pharma medication, alcohol and religion and totally incapable of rationality. Perhaps the trend in legalizing MJ might help many people get a little perspective....nah, mindless extravagance will continue to rule the day.

Medications and alcohol abuse make problems.

Good thing nobody got killed this time.

I wonder who the Doctors are, and what the medical problems are with these people?

Were the "medications" actually prescribed?

Hmmm.

Lots of questions.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
That husband seems to have sermons in youtube, tho those are over 40 mins long so i really don´t have time to watch them to find out how fundamentalist he is. What comes to fundamentalism and christianity, fundamentalism is much more common than we see and if the preacher has "issues" he/she easily can spread twisted message to those who are not strong to receive and are easy targets.
Everyone should be able to make their own decisions and not forced to accept someone elses. I met a preacher last summer and something about him made me think that not all is right about him. We were a supervisors on school camp and the way he spoke and made himself as a God given gift to all in the camp raised my suspicions that he is fundamentalist. I found out that he is when i read his blogs. Forcing is not the right path to anything good.
edit on 11-10-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Oh I thought the kids were dead. Sorry, my mistake. Still...the woman is crazy!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
Thats the physcapath that needs to be thrown into a meat grinder its people like that that that destroy and tarnish the name of GOD a reply to: olaru12

So where was your God to prevent it from happening? Taking a nap?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

God was doing what God is always doing: being Love, so that others can live through Love (The Spirit) instead of destruction. If a person chose to ignore Love and live through destruction/violence, then that was their free-will choice. This world is our home, a gift freely given by God - it was intended to be a paradise but God gave this gift freely and it is up to us to live through Love/Compassion which will bring peace, or not.
edit on 11-10-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

God was doing what God is always doing: being Love, so that others can live through Love (The Spirit) instead of destruction. If a person chose to ignore Love and live through destruction/violence, then that was their free-will choice.

I take from your response that you don't believe that God is all-knowing and all-powerful and created everything. Is that correct?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Maybe she should go meet jesus herself ..

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedomSlave
Maybe she should go meet jesus herself ..

Ah, a threat and so early in the conversation. It usually takes at least ten minutes.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

God knows everything (all-knowing), God can do anything according to God's Nature (all-powerful), and God created everything except destruction, because God is The Spirit of Life and death (which is of the adversary/satan) was brought into the world, not by God's fault.
edit on 11-10-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886

God isn't causing these things.

Satan is.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

God knows everything (all-knowing), God can do anything according to God's Nature (all-powerful), and God created everything except destruction, because God is The Spirit of Life and death (which is of the adversary/satan) was brought into the world, not by God's fault.

If God is all-knowing, God knows what everyone will do before he creates them. If he is all-powerful, he creates them to do exactly that which he wants them to do. Therefore, there is no such thing as free will. Apply logic to your own belief system and you will see that it goes belly-up.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Good lord...

Please tell me humanity has not hit a new low on the stupidity scale...

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Yes, God is all-powerful, and what God wants people to do, is to have free-will. All-powerful does not automatically mean all controlling. God gave the freedom of choice to people from that all-powerfulness.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Yes, God is all-powerful, and what God wants people to do, is to have free-will. All-powerful does not automatically mean all controlling. God gave the freedom of choice to people from that all-powerfulness.

Absurd. Absolutely absurd.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
From the OP article:

A month prior to the stabbings, Christensen had served her husband with a restraining order, stating that the two were going through a divorce, and that her husband had become increasingly violent towards her and the children.

The order, filed on Aug. 29, stated Vaughn Christensen had become “increasingly erratic” and that he had threatened to harm himself and the children. He mentioned wanting to die on several occasions, Christensen wrote.

Since we are speculating, I'm going to go with over controlling husband and meek wife as a possibility.

Also the where is your god is pretty inappropriate, take a basic theology class if you don't understand the concept of free will in Christianity (kind of been discussed to death and lead to Arminianism and Lutheranism - not all Christians are Calvinists.)

edit on 12-10-2014 by Elton because: Removed the word dumbass, so as not to offend...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
From the OP article:

A month prior to the stabbings, Christensen had served her husband with a restraining order, stating that the two were going through a divorce, and that her husband had become increasingly violent towards her and the children.

The order, filed on Aug. 29, stated Vaughn Christensen had become “increasingly erratic” and that he had threatened to harm himself and the children. He mentioned wanting to die on several occasions, Christensen wrote.

Since we are speculating, I'm going to go with over controlling husband and meek wife as a possibility.

Also the where is your god is pretty inappropriate, take a basic theology class if you don't understand the concept of free will in Christianity (kind of been discussed to death and lead to Arminianism and Lutheranism - not all Christians are Calvinists.)

The concept of free will is, in itself, ludicrous. Placed within the context of the Christian belief system it is doubly so.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Well it's not like the religion she follows has tales of people attempting to murder their children is it.....

It seems to happen quite often...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join