It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new party for the USA "Common Sense Party"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I started another thread where absolutely everyone,
regardless of political affiliation or
where or on whom
or when
the blame was laid all agreed.

The USA is fundamentally broken.

So I propose a new Party right here at ATS:

Here is the platform.

Comments Please

I've been thinking about a "Common Sense Party"

Platform: No stand on: things best left to the states
abortion
marriage
illegal drugs
education
gun control
social issues that affect individuals rather than the country as a whole
No stand on: does not mean forbidding federal law on issues, it means that the party will take no stand at all on social issues or issues that affect individuals, preferring to leave the legislation on these issues to the states, if a vote comes up in congress the party members are free to vote as they feel their constituents want them to.

Abolish and leave to the states:
Department of Education and all federal school programs; divide the money spent per student and give to the states to give to the schools on a per student basis
Bureau of Tobacco, Alcohol and Firearms; and Drug Enforcement Agencies; divide the money spent per capita and give to the states to handle each issue as they find is best for their state

Change tax structure:
Abolish income tax completely for people and companies
Institute a national sales tax
(Allowing for people under a certain income per person in the household to apply for a refund of sales taxes paid, based on legally obtained income, including investment income, trust fund income, all forms of money gained or grown in a year)

Change the way regulations are created.
Abolish ALL federal regulations that have the force of law behind them that were not approved directly by a Congressional vote.
Allow agencies to submit in the form of bills, new regulations to replace the ones abolished to be voted on by Congress after a 30 day public posting waiting period.

Abolish all law enforcement branches of agencies that are not designed or designated as law enforcement agencies.

Consolidate the NSA, TSA, Border Patrol and Homeland Security into one agency. Limit what they can do to American Citizens without obtaining a warrant.

Limit the power of FEMA to disaster relief and disallow purchases not directly related to disaster relief, close all facilities not directly related to disaster relief or preparedness.

Create laws that severely punish Politicians and Journalists who are proven to have knowingly lied to the American public for any reason other than those directly and severely affecting national security and the military, or FBI, or CIA.

Make the FDA approve all medical drugs and procedures that are approved for use in European Union countries, within 6 months of approval in European Union countries or show cause to congress as to why it has not been done.

Allow interstate sale of everything, including insurance policies without restriction on the sale. Insurance policies would have to meet the regulations of the state they are selling in. No company will be restricted in any way from selling the same product to any state, except to meet the regulations of that particular state.

Abolish Obamacare, allowing the current exchanges to stand and people enrolled to be grandfathered into the policies.
Write new legislation with the bill striking down the ACA, disallowing an insurance company from denying coverage to a current enrollee for a pre-existing condition, keeping family coverage to age 26. (The interstate sale of policies will drive the prices down significantly). Keep Medicaid for the impoverished and lower the threshold for enrollment into Medicaid. Limit medical malpractice awards to cost of care for life plus average US annual individual income for life,(put into an annunity with no ability to transfer payments), in the case of death a maximum of cost of care plus $1million.

Exempt start up companies from sending any taxes collected to the federal government for a period of two years from date of startup.

Term limits on all federal political offices. A limit of 12 maximum total years spent in each office held. However, a congressman could serve for 12 years and then become a senator for 12 years and then become President for 8 years.

Term limits on all federal employee upper level management positions held. A limit of 10 years spent in each position above GS 15 or it's equivalent.

Forbid organizations with lobbyists from contributing to the campaigns of politicians, or employing a relative of the politician as long as the politician is in office, or employing any former politician or political aide or former government employee. Forbid all gifts to politicians, politicians relatives or aids in any form, to include travel, food, lodging, tickets to events, clothing, special privileges or discounts.

Abolish executive orders and return to the constitutional limits on executive powers.

Strengthen state and individual rights.

edit on 10Sat, 11 Oct 2014 10:41:09 -0500am101110amk116 by grandmakdw because: corrections based on input from people who posted

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The people with common sense need paxil or prozac so they can fit in society better.

They will go nuts dealing with the people in DC. Why would we want to torture the people who possess common sense, common sense tells me to stay away from politics.
edit on 11-10-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Term limits on all federal political offices. A limit of 12 maximum total years spent in each office held. However, a congressman could serve for 12 years and then become a senator for 12 years and then become President for 12 years.

Well of course I disagree with some of the things you have on that list. Not all but some and I think you need to really look over what you have written unless you purposely meant to change presidential terms from four years to six. There are other things as well so I will check on your thread latter to see what you have fixed.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
How about abolishing lobbyists and lobbying. Do away with executive orders and return to the constitutional limits on executive powers.

Abolish the 14th amendment, and return powers to the states. Strengthen state and individual rights.

Just a couple of thoughts.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

12 years as President???!!! Sorry but I would rather stick with 8 years since it is enough. 12 years would have been a disaster.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

12 years as President???!!! Sorry but I would rather stick with 8 years since it is enough. 12 years would have been a disaster.

Thanks to you and the other person who pointed this out. I meant to say 8 years for President.

Great catch and great correction, thanks

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

So...., add more politicians is the solution for our problems?

I want the anunnaki back.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Term limits on all federal political offices. A limit of 12 maximum total years spent in each office held. However, a congressman could serve for 12 years and then become a senator for 12 years and then become President for 12 years.

Well of course I disagree with some of the things you have on that list. Not all but some and I think you need to really look over what you have written unless you purposely meant to change presidential terms from four years to six. There are other things as well so I will check on your thread latter to see what you have fixed.

Thanks for the correction, I fixed it.
Appreciated your input.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

So...., add more politicians is the solution for our problems?

I want the anunnaki back.

This proposal would not add more politicians. It would limit how long a politician could linger and so become entrenched and beholding to people outside the political process.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is like 90% republican ideologies...

A country where... there are children without parents running around, no welfare of course, where marriage is between men and a women. The kids are homeschooled and brainwashed by their parents mindset, everyone can have a gun, including mentally unstable person.

edit: poster history does suggest republican.. not suprised.

edit on 10/11/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/11/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Considering state governments tend to be more incompatent and corrupt why would anybody want to give them more power. Compared to state and local governments the federal goverment looks well run and honest. And that is saying something.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

A country where... there are children without parents running around, no welfare of course, where marriage is between men and a women. The kids are homeschooled and brainwashed by their parents mindset, everyone can have a gun, including mentally unstable person.

While I do not agree with everything the OP suggested, you seem to be reading your own biases into what was proposed.

Where I do agree with the OP is that many things should be handled at the State level instead of the Federal level.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

Yes I have Republican history. However on most issues I am Libertarian.

Where on earth did you get abolish welfare, that is not at all in there.

As for marriage, let the states decide, I really don't give a rip. What happens in the bedroom should stay in the bedroom.

What I want to do is take social issues out of the party, entirely.

The Democrats do a great job championing what they think everyone else should or should not do privately (to include regulating what children eat in school), this party should not interfere with the Democrats or Republicans right to boss everyone around on social issues.

Gun issues, if you read it should be left to the states, want strict gun control where you live, fine go out and change local and state laws, that is your right in this platform.

As for homeschooling, why is the governments way the best way? Look at the utter mess the government has made of education. Again, don't want homeschooling where you live, fine go out and change the local and state laws if you want to. Education should not be a national issue.

Education was originally a state issue, and should return to the state as an issue, and remain there. Our country is too large and diverse for a one size fits all educational system.

On social issues, each locality and state should be able to have things the way they want them without interference from the federal government. Want free abortions for everyone, ok, get your local and state government to agree to fund them all. This party is not at all about social issues.

edit on 11Sat, 11 Oct 2014 11:08:44 -0500am101110amk116 by grandmakdw because: grammar

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Considering state governments tend to be more incompatent and corrupt why would anybody want to give them more power. Compared to state and local governments the federal goverment looks well run and honest. And that is saying something.

Because the people actually have more power to change things at the local level.

Also, on social issues, for example the people in Los Angeles have completely different social ideas than the people in rural Mississippi. It is not up to us to judge who is right or wrong on social issues. Let each state decide on those.

The federal government is a complete disaster with it's one size fits all approach to governance, and as a result the current federal government is completely and utterly broken
regardless of who you think is at fault

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You can't inject "common sense" into our system.

It would quickly crumble.

What would happen to the families whose birthright is to hold eternal Public Office?

What's wrong with a system where people spend millions to get a job that pays $200,000 ?

It's time to take the profit out of elected office.

edit on 11-10-2014 by whyamIhere because: Yes

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The people with common sense need paxil or prozac so they can fit in society better.

They will go nuts dealing with the people in DC. Why would we want to torture the people who possess common sense, common sense tells me to stay away from politics.

Cute,

but the people with common sense

are now being micromanaged by people

whose desire is to make everyone "politically correct" and "socially correct" mindless followers of the current fad in social thinking of the day

If the people with common sense refuse to engage, there will soon be no rights at all and they will be forced to live a completely and totally "government approved lifestyle".

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I know, you are right. We cannot ignore the fact that greedy deceivers and people with no awareness have taken over this country stating that evidence to the contrary cannot be used against them unless it is approved by them.

This is not going to be an easy task to straighten out. These people control most everything now, they control our police and our military. I can see the problem but cannot see the proper solution. Belief in deceit controls our reality, it has for quite a while now.

edit on 11-10-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I agree with a lot of things you have on that list, but many I do not. The problem is that each of us will have a different definition of what is common sense.

The things we could do if our priorities were a bit different would amaze the rest of the world......but we are not ready for the "common sense" it takes to so.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I know, you are right. We cannot ignore the fact that greedy deceivers and people with no awareness have taken over this country stating that evidence to the contrary cannot be used against them unless it is approved by them.

This is not going to be an easy task to straighten out. These people control most everything now, they control our police and our military. I can see the problem but cannot see the proper solution. Belief in deceit controls our reality, it has for quite a while now.

I've been hearing from Dems and Reps for a long time that neither party can turn things around because they are so entrenched in diametrically opposed ideals and ideas and neither will budge
probably due to massive corruption on both sides
which has led to actions that have only harmed the country

Many people have been saying we need a new party and I think the time has come when a new party might succeed. Especially if it avoids social issues entirely and leaves them to the states. The federal government should have no role in the private social lives of individuals unless they are harming someone else.

We need a drastic change in the US and it seems to me that it is the social issues that are keeping Americans divided so that the country is already severely broken.

Let's take away the social and divisive issues and focus on what can be done to improve the government system, thereby improving the country as a whole.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: lonegurkha
How about abolishing lobbyists and lobbying. Do away with executive orders and return to the constitutional limits on executive powers.

Abolish the 14th amendment, and return powers to the states. Strengthen state and individual rights.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Abolishing lobbyists interferes with the 1st Amendment, and would create more issues than end them.

As an alternative, how about complete transparency or all lobbyist activities?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join