It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Ebola Case - Elgin, IL

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is inside information passed on to me. Not a lot of detail, and I don't expect more inside information until Mon-Tue, but good for a small glimpse into response regardless of outcome.

Sherman Hospital has a potential Ebola case. The patient was in Nigeria within the past 10 days. Came in with weakness, fatigue & low-grade fever. They are wearing full contact and respiratory gear - beyond current protocols, as they believe the virus is more transmissible than CDC (publicly) believes.

CDC has told them 3 days for test results. They expect to know sooner.

Currently working on patient contact list.

I don't know any more than that, but will update with any further information that comes in. I'm hoping this will be an exercise in learning more about the process and what is happening vs what we see in news reports (or lack of.) If it is the Big E, we're prepared for 3 months of lockdown.

If that does come to pass, I'll post some of the rice-based recipes we'll be coming up with out of food boredom, while watching The Walking Dead on Netflix.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Keep us updated please.
Also, any official info would be good too.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
That's about a hundred miles from me. Something might turn up on the local news. I'll keep an eye out.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

10 miles and 1 degree of separation from me. What I would be really interested in, in the meantime, is how many entries to the US from affected nations we're having compared to the norm. Maybe any differences aren't even statistically measurable, though if they are, I'd lean more toward suspecting the "healthcare travel" many of us believe is going on

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
That's about 300 miles north of me. Guess we'll see if dung really does roll downhill.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thankyou for posting this. I think there's more cases/possible cases that they do not report on. S + F, sometimes this information is preferable to the MSM.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23
Hope you throw in some beans and cornmeal recipes. It would appear you have a friend on site of the situation. I'll take you at your word since the origination of the information is where MSM will get their info. Thanks for the head up. S&F

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Not more than 300 miles from my neighborhood. I'm certain we'll see a good many of these "possible" cases through the next week or so. Just hope the possibles don't obfuscate the reals.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I do have a friend onsite (was, shift is over) - he wasn't involved with the patient but is part of the ER, which is why I'm really interested in monitoring the direct info compared to MSM reporting - figuring we can extrapolate those results to the larger whole.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Since the Obama Administration carted sick illegals all over the US, it wouldn't surprise me if they were flying people in from Liberia and Sierra Leone.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Wow...im only 35 to 40 min away from Elgin on the iowa side of the river....that is way to close for my liking ....Thank you for bringing this to the attention of ATS.....

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

just down the road in Joliet, and just got cold chills! will be watching this thread, thanks for the heads up.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Nigeria was cleared of Ebola over 2 weeks ago.

If the person was from Liberia... I would worry a little.

Article

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga
Nigeria was cleared of Ebola over 2 weeks ago.

If the person was from Liberia... I would worry a little.

Article

I had thought the same thing without having looked it up specifically. Nonetheless, their protocols include Nigeria as a red flag.

Not to mention, also just a couple weeks ago Thomas Duncan was cleared to fly openly with 250+ other passengers into DFW. I don't think 2 weeks is safe to say anything when it comes to what authorities don't know when it comes to Ebola.

I'm not trying to fear monger, but I'm certainly staying on my toes with this one. It's not like H5N1 or H1N1, where if it hits, there's a tiny chance you'll know someone who knows someone who dies. The consequences for assumptions and optimism could be life or death.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'm in Metropolis IL but have family in the area. I will be watching your thread and keeping up with this information. last week a negative with the 2 across the river in KY. Hoping this one is a negative too! Thanks for the information

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Elgin, Illinois is a northern shythole. Next to Rockford, it is ties for the 2nd murder capital in the state (the first being Chicago).

If this cat does have Ebola, they are nicely strategically (TPTB) putting people in areas that are by major city hubs. Mostly rich or well to doers live going up from Lake County in Elgin. Spreading into Chicago via the Blue Line at Rosemont would be ideal.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer
Elgin, Illinois is a northern shythole. Next to Rockford, it is ties for the 2nd murder capital in the state (the first being Chicago).

If this cat does have Ebola, they are nicely strategically (TPTB) putting people in areas that are by major city hubs. Mostly rich or well to doers live going up from Lake County in Elgin. Spreading into Chicago via the Blue Line at Rosemont would be ideal.

Interesting. I don't live in Elgin, but I've lived close to it most of my life. There's a few "bad areas", but ask statistics I can find point to below average violent crime, and above average household income, home values, etc. I'm guessing if it really is 2nd in murders, that mostly has to do with it being among the largest towns in Illinois.

As far as cases being near city centers, that's where most of the international airports and travelers are.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing.

However, influenza season is early this year. We've had patients positive for two different stains already, in September.

I wonder how long this person has been in the country and why the heck they keep letting them in.

I'm at a loss on that. My only guess is the PTB REALLY want an epidemic in the US. Wipe out a ton off people, crash the dollar, etc.

Two birds, one stone...
edit on 10-10-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Until (if) it does get ugly with Ebola, I know that's what ER workers are truly dreading - the flood of panicked ER visits because people have a little cough and a 99.4 fever (flu, etc.)

Tis the season I try harder than normal to avoid injuries. Sitting in an ER waiting room with a bunch of sick people for 6 hours isn't my cup of tea!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: botay

just down the road in Joliet, and just got cold chills! will be watching this thread, thanks for the heads up.

Cold chills? Dont say that too loud, men in suits could end up at your door...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join