It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military planes arrive at epicenter of Ebola

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Petros312

You don't.

I'm in the military. We are, in fact, uniquely equipped to deal with outbreak situations.

For quarantine, research, treatment, and prevention.

The logistical aspect of what the US military does in terms of getting troops and equipment on station within short notice is an ASSET.

You have to understand that places like Sierra Leone, are not equipped to handle these kinds of pathogens. The international aid workers in country now have been there for a long time just trying to provide basic medical care for day to day issues in these countries. Outside help, especially from nations that have the capability and money to get things done on the ground FAST are paramount.

People are dying RIGHT NOW while you try to engage in loosely academic arguments. In the mean time people who are capable and willing are doing something about it.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I guess what worries me is that our military will instill fear in the citizens of Liberia and they will be attacked. If that happens will they shoot them? And wouldn't that be even worse to come in contact with their blood?

I feel terrible for the people there and I know we need to help them but I'm not sure sending the military was a good idea.
edit on 10-10-2014 by texasgirl because: added more

<< 1   >>

join