It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Health Organization contradicts CDC, Confirms Ebola Can Spread Via Indirect Contact

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It's my personal opinion that this Ebola is setting up preliminary 'checks' on where the holes are, while gauging the public rxn. Right now this is allowing NEW protocols to be implemented, rights being restricted and/or forfeited, etc.

This Ebola is a 'Dry-Run'.

There's a Bad Boy on the way - in near future.

edit on 12-10-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Breach in protocol? Really, CDC? Nurse in Dallas has Ebola:
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica
You know, that's interesting. A few weeks ago, an expert panelist on CNN said the same thing, calling the current Ebola crisis a "dress rehearsal."

If it is a rehearsal, it's out of control.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

If this is a "dress rehearsal", then what's the actual show? Did this person say?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Ebola Does Dallas: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'll post this here even though I know it will make little difference to many people who are convinced Ebola is an airborne virus:

Some people say sources like the CDC or WHO are lying when they say Ebola is not an airborne virus. To test yourself, which of these two constitute evidence of airborne transmission of a virus:

1. In a room filled with 20 people, two of which had been infected with a virus, 10 more develop an illness despite having no contact with the two people already infected.

2. In a room filled with 20 people, two of which had been infected with a virus, two people developed an illness after one of the two people already infected sneezed within 3 feet of the individuals.

The two examples above are NOT the same. To be sneezed on, much like what can happen with health care workers in close contact with a patient, constitutes close contact with bodily fluids. This is not an "airborne transmission" of a virus; it is direct contact with moist droplets that can contain the virus.

Example 1 is the kind of evidence that illustrates what is truly an airborne transmission of the virus. The virus can drift in the dry air to find a new host. I believe influenza is able to do this, but when it comes to Ebola, there is one lone study that reported the virus went from pigs to monkeys that supposedly had no direct contact. I explained in another post that an animal study of this type is no indicator of a real threat to human beings, nor is the lab demonstration of how-to infect a monkey with Ebola using a manufactured aerosol spray and a highly specialized procedure (see www.abovetopsecret.com.... ) Moreover, if you look at the number of people who were in close proximity with Thomas Duncan at this point, if Ebola was transmitted as an airborne virus you'd find many more people infected.

So again, I think a lot of confusion, worry, and the accusation of contradictions or lies is coming in large part from not understanding what is direct contact with someone infected vs. what is an environmental airborne transmission. I just saw in the news today that one of the nurses who was treating Thomas Duncan has been diagnosed with Ebola. Again, she was at risk because she was in close contact with the patient, and her case does not provide evidence of Ebola being spread as an airborne virus.

If you haven't already learned to do this by now, avoid places with large crowds of peoples (including subways and the bus), avoid close proximity with other people in places like supermarkets such as when you're standing on line for checkout, walk away from people who are coughing or sneezing, avoid touching environmental surfaces unless you need to, never touch your hands to your face, especially after you touched an ATM or something like a self-checkout screen, always wash your hands and face after being in a place there were other people, and of course, don't have sex with someone suspected of having a virus.

edit on -05:00America/Chicago31Mon, 13 Oct 2014 11:28:07 -0500201407312 by Petros312 because: Spelling; added a link

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Petros312

Appreciate your level-headed and informative post. I was interested to hear the nbc cameraman who contracted Ebola while on assignment in West Africa say that he was ridiculously careful in regard to following all recommended protocols. He states that he must have contracted Ebola while washing his car. What's your thoughts on this?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bludragin
I was interested to hear the nbc cameraman who contracted Ebola while on assignment in West Africa say that he was ridiculously careful in regard to following all recommended protocols. He states that he must have contracted Ebola while washing his car. What's your thoughts on this?

The news journalist, Ashoka Mukpo, who said he may have gotten Ebola from washing a car, may have just been distraught over how he could have possibly gotten infected. He recalled spraying a chlorine disinfectant in a car where someone with Ebola had died, and he was trying to recall if he may have splashed some of the disinfectant on himself. His parents say that he was inside clinics where there were Ebola patients, and there may have been opportunities for his protective equipment to not be adequate. I'm finding it odd that he's a journalist and was helping to disinfect a car.

Source: www.youtube.com...=58

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Petros312

Sounded to me like this cameraman had lived in West Africa awhile while on various assignments. No doubt he cannot help but become personally involved at times. I have West African born friends and their warm and embracing spirit is unparalleled. If I were there, it would be very hard for me to not get involved with the local residents, perhaps to my own detriment.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Take your logic and shove it, didnt you hear that the cdc and who are involved in a global conspiracy. Im on my way to work as a public health officer where i get paid by nwo elites to keep it all quiet. Ill be back to this discussion on my lunch break to join in properly (spread disinformation given to me by my handlers) reply to: Petros312

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: D4rcyJones

Oh goody. I can't wait. Do hurry back!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Who is crazy enough to believe all of what the CDC says.

I try to research WHO research. I also research NIH research but know I need to look at evidence, not interpretations that they are spewing. I don't have much faith in the CDC telling the whole truth. I do not have much faith in the FDA regulating our food and drugs either. I know WHO also has their bad points but I do think they are much more honest than our CDC management is.

I like being able to access all the research to be able to see more of the truth. I thank our government for letting us access it. See, I am not anti-government, I am anti deceit.
edit on 13-10-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
a reply to: bludragin

according to the book i just read "the hot zone" a droplet can have millions of the virus and something as small as 500 of the virus could infect someone...of course i don't know how they know that but a single droplet form a sneeze contains a crap ton of virus in the late stages...and the blood that comes out or the liquefied organs and tissue has saturated with the virus...

Dr. Jane Orient, Executive Director of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, reported…
EBOLA – “it’s very, very contagious, it only takes between 5 and 10 virus particles to infect a person. You don’t have to have cuts…there are receptors for the viruses in [people’s] normal skin.”

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree with you completely, although I have my own doubts about WHO, for reasons better suited to another forum.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

Thanks for the excerpt. I was trying to find out if The Hot Zone and the data therein could stand up to peer reviewed scholarly research standards. Do you happen to know? If so, than we are all in some deep, deep s$#t.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I have been reading the hot zone someone posted a link to the pdf book. It's a good read. Those in power are poopooing the whole idea of it going airborne but the hot zone debunks that notion. This thing is going to explode very shortly. And it all seems like a setup to me. Has anyone heard anything about Duncans family, where they are and how they are doing? The nurse was quarantined on Friday with news coming out today that she is infected

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

Last I knew, after spending five days isolated in the filthy, infected apartment, replete with soiled sheets and no washer or dryer to speak of, some concerned citizen supposedly let them finish their quarantine in their gated community home. I imagine they're still there, as I don't believe 21 days has passed. Funny how you don't hear anything about them much anymore...Gee, should we be concerned?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I wish i had something interesting to say but my work really isnt that exciting.. there certainly was a lot of ebola chatter among staff and i admit that some of the infectious disease team are becoming nervous but its still largely business as usual for the time being. i suspect that we will have to reevaluate some of procedures once details of the dallas nurse come to us but until then fingers crossed that we keep getting negative results

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

they are still in isolation, my understanding is that it is a property owded by the cdc and that they are under essentially under house arrest with armed security, im not entirely familiar with US procedures but your public health departments most likely have the power to do that.

you will only hear anything if the situation changes (they either fall ill or clear incubation period) this is standard practice that applies, thing have been slightly different with all the media and public interest but i suspect the more cases that come out the tighter that information will be released. Look at germany with the way it dealt with the first patient it received.. i leterally thought i was going crazy because no one i talked to at work knew anthing about him, once he was admitted he disapered, the hospital said they wouldnt release info unless a significant change happens a month of silence later they had a press release basically said "oh yeah he got better and has been discharged".. this might seem strange but there isnt a conspiracy its standard practice for patient confidentiality.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: D4rcyJones

Great to have your experienced views on this, thanks. Please read this commentary and share with any health workers you know, management included. It could save lives:

From my post: FINALLY! If you work in the healthcare field, I strongly urge you to read and share this commentary from CIDRAP addressing the need for healthcare workers in the US to wear Biolevel 4 gear if working around suspected Ebola patients. Currently, the CDC is recommending Biolevel 2 gear, which is what the nurse in Dallas was wearing when she contracted Ebola from Patient Zero in Dallas.
www.cidrap.umn.edu...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join