It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Aren't British Airports Scanning for Ebola?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The newspaper I read this morning said that our health authorities will not scan people coming into this country for Ebola when they arrive at British airports, despite the fact that American airports think it is necessary to do so.

What is disconcerting about this is that apparently British airports have more people coming from Africa than any other airports within the EU.

We know that cameron announced that he has four uinits to receive Ebola victims so it looks as though he is virtually welcoming in Ebola as he had made provision for it, rather than to shut down all flights from infected countries in Africa to the UK. (I know there are ways of getting round this) but we now have to hope other countries scan for us.

I cannot understand why our government is what appears to be negligent about this virus. Does cameron think the public need culling (as " they are not like us") according to mrs cameron and does he know for sure if it gets here his own family won't suffer from it.

I don't think this is a virus we can be sloppy about and should be taking every possible precaution against it does anyone else think we shjould be scanning people for it on their arrival or are they OK with jut letting things take their natural course?

edit on 9-10-2014 by Shiloh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It 'cos Brits is 'ard 'innit!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

This might be a stupid question but how would one screen for a virus in an airport ?

It does seem pretty odd. We're screening people here in Canada, I had a friend come back from Humanitarian Work in West Africa a few days ago and he told me that when he got off the plane he was just asked a few questions ("How are you feeling, we're you exposed to anyone who was sick ?"

I just don't know what else we can do... The symptoms can stay dormant for up to two weeks. That's a loooooong time to be quarantined.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMainEvent
Its not a stupid question because the answer is you cant. You can use thermal cameras to check for high temp but unless the person scanned is already very very ill then they will not show. The checks in the us are really just an exercise in persuading people something is being done and are a waste if resource.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMainEvent

The symptoms can stay dormant for up to two weeks

It's actually three weeks.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This type of thing just highlights the fact that mass immigration is completely insane.

God forbid it was airborne...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I get the feeling that quaranteen would be a good idea for people coming from infected areas for whatever period is necessary. Surely it should be anything to stop the chance of this virus spreading to an island as populated as ours.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: kountzero
no , its because we are so over crowded with immigrants there is not enough houses for them , so the government wants to cull the native population .

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

UK to introduce Ebola screening ...

From yesterday's Guardian.
www.theguardian.com...

new topics

top topics

join