It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Traffic Stop Video Epitomizes Everything that is Wrong With Police Today

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Source

TL;DR Someone gets pulled over for "not having their lights on" (while the sun is still out no less) nothing is found on driver, passenger refuses to show ID, so drug dogs are sent & hit, (naturally) and when told to exit the car, they're threatened with the abduction of their two WEEK old baby vis a vis CPS! No drugs were found.

I also love the fact that ppl insist to continue to record police! Isn't it apparent by NOW that recording the police doesn't do #?! And won't as long as QI is still in effect.

I seem to recall a bunch of traitors to the British empire going to war over alot less!

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

Is there a news story or some info out there that shows the end result of this BS traffic stop. You said they found no drugs and I believe you, so I'd just like to see that there is something out there to confirm this was just a black man driving on the streets of the good ole US of A, because you know this wouldn't have happened to "good decent folks"

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

the source link is not a YT link, but where i found it originally.

do i have an "official" news link? no, sorry.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This poor guy was fighting the system. The system. The system in the person of a lowly traffic cop.
The system fills it's lower ranks with "I'm just following orders, proceedures, routines" types.
This is not how to fight the system. Alone, isolated with a baby in the back seat, out numbered with your woman driving the car.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I;m not sure about most states but in some states the passenger does not have to give his information...he's considered the same as a field interview....

The problem is if they really believe he fits the description of someone with a warrant then it is reasonable suspicion and he does have to id himself.

But fact is they are lying and full of # and just want to id him.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Agreed. You win a war by applying superior tactics. The first rule of war is protect your family. This guy was out of line.

The laws have changed because we let it happen. These officers, although they lied were well within the new paradigm. They are allowed to lie to you and threaten you, without any cause at all because the law does not expressly prohibit them from doing so. Fight the laws. Not the cops.

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm been seeing so much abuse of power by cops that it makes me sick!

This guys name is Andre Stockett and I'll be following up to see what happens.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
My god,this is hitting home hard now.

Look what they made that family go through,how they used the child being put into Chlid Services as a wedge to force the parents to not support each other,to break.

The most disgusting part is that those retarded Civil Servants have been OVERTLY COACHED on what to say,they refuse to answer questions and they set up artificial dynamics for each other which allow them to escalate things using SOP to cover their backs.

It looked like hungry dogs outside of that car,knowing they couldnt just rip into the meat, that they needed to hear key words first or get a manufactured opportunity.

Time to call in the Coperazzi, there are established laws in place put there by the most powerfull lawyers Hollywood stars can afford which SUPPORT people who wish to honor these fine Cops the same ways we honor other celebritys,using film and audio.

Yup this is the Coperazzis time,social media have made it a very viable income source,why follow not-so-bad Brad Pitt to daycare when you can follow community heros who do fine jobs like these fellows do and make a living doing so.

Coperazzi like Papperzzi need to strike while the iron is hot and online media coverage is active and hopefully viral.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
According to this link, the man was charged with obstruction.

That's some BS.

Exert your rights.....well, your obstructing justice?

Eventually under duress and the threat of violence, the family is forced to exit the vehicle. Stockett was arrest for, wait for it….wait for it, obstruction of justice.

Source

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

yeah, same source link as mine, thanks.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

your last line makes all the rest, IRRELEVANT.

Much like the 2nd amendment, if not used it indirectly doesn't exist.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I love his reply when the officer says he looks like someone with a warrant.
"That's every black man"

Sandusky is 15 miles from me (it's where Cedar Point is) and the cops will pull over anyone for the most bs reasons just to run id on everyone in the vehicle looking for warrants.

FYI: Stockett did have a warrant out for "Failure to Appear" in court, but I think that was just a lucky guess on the officer's part lol. When they booked him for obstruction and ran his id, they arrested him for the Contempt and Failure to Appear

Stockett Mugshot

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfpint0701
FYI: Stockett did have a warrant out for "Failure to Appear" in court, but I think that was just a lucky guess on the officer's part lol. When they booked him for obstruction and ran his id, they arrested him for the Contempt and Failure to Appear

Stockett Mugshot

That's from last year, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I had to turn it off after the obvious "casting during a fishing expedition" . There was a video of some Star Trek fans coming from Illinois or something, when the cops pull them over. It had StarTrek music also..
Many of these dogs are trained now with "treats", which is in My opinion the least successful way to train a Service Dog. I started My dog handling/training the "detection dogs" but saw some underhanded crap and switched to "Search & Rescue". The training became condensed and "seemed" that certain places on the veg. showed more "positive results" to the overall numbers, it all didn't "jell".. 'No find, no treat' There should be some videos on YT™ if they haven't been removed, showing how the 'false positives' are developed. Sit Ubu sit, good dog.

Like I typed in another thread about "Police dep't." I'm ALL for taping the cops, it would benefit "them" the most, but if You're taping be 'stealth' because it is ONLY then when a cop's 'integrity' can be seen, "Integrity" in this case is 'doing the right thing, even when nobody is watching'.. Then this gentleman who had His right's violated would have some "ammo" at court. It is every citizen's right to 'face their accuser' but "They" load so much unwarranted crap onto the case that 'they' wear You down.

I'd have taken it to traffic court because there was NO Probable Cause for the stop. What is that big shiny thing over the cop's left shoulder? What was the p.c. for the stop? Anything after that is "fruits of the poisonous tree". But in reality I would just show them My retired cop I.D. and would be on My way... (at least until "they" read these threads and I disappear...

Buckle Up, keep the music down and don't give "them" a reason. In today's society I'd opine there are citizen's (police's Boss) that actually "want the cops" that 'they'd' have plenty to do without "picking on folks"

namaste

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

from your source

No drugs were found.
The only thing absent from this video is the Sandusky police tasering and beating the family, however the threat of stealing someone’s child stings way more than a baton every could.

Stockett, for good reason, says he plans to fight the charges of obstruction. Please share this article to let other police officers know that when they violate people’s rights they will be exposed.

Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...

This one really does make my blood boil. He shouldn't only be fighting the charges he should be pressing charges. With his video I hope he can lawyer up. At some point we have to take these cops off the street somehow they are far more dangerous to society than the criminals they are supposed to be after at this point there isn't much of a distinction between criminals and police.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: schadenfreude

your last line makes all the rest, IRRELEVANT.

Much like the 2nd amendment, if not used it indirectly doesn't exist.

Unfortunately you wouldnt have enough evidence to prove that is why the cop is doing it...the system is flawed..and not just in that way....in many ways.

One thing I have seen is where cops "inventory" a vehicle that has to be towed...but they search that sucker high and low for anything. But in a normal inventory...like some nice family breaks down and needs a tow...they barely write anything on th einventory sheet. So what you would have to do is subpeona every inventory sheet and see did they inventory the car in a more detailed manner when the person is black or white...or etc etc.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Haha...my bad

I just saw the date Oct. 2 was the exact same date the YouTube video was uploaded and didn't even pay attention to the year!

I remembered his name because he was also arrested last year at the end of October. That time the cops tried to pull him over for not using a turn signal, he fled and ran into a gas station bathroom, then admitted to flushing a joint. A search on his car turned up more marijuana, and he was arrested for felony evidence tampering.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Just wondering though, if you pull someone over and see a person who has a warrant out for them....what do you do? Should they not be able to ask for ID or do something...or does a murderer just walk away if they were the guy?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

You KNOW they didn't "know" there was a warrant out for him, this was either profiling or revenue for the state, nothing more. Lucky hit if you ask me, but should also (though unlikely) be thrown out for obvious reasons as stated above.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Cops are relentless tyrants, ignorant idiots in costumes, insane jack boots, a waste of tax payer money and a drain on the moral fabric of every nation.
edit on 4-10-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join