It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Departments Retaliate Against Organized "Cop Watch" Groups Across the US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Police Departments Retaliate Against Organized "Cop Watch" Groups Across the US
Source

According to obtained documents from the Freedom of Information Act as well as court proceedings, Police Departments are acting against activist organizations, citizens armed with cameras, to Sovereign Citizens. They are labeling "Cop Watch" groups Domestic Terrorists.

Also, one man, while filming a woman being assaulted by police, was accused of spitting at an officer. The footage however, showed the court that the claim by the PD was not true. Where does this corruption end when those trying to protect innocent citizens are being accused?

When communities attempt to police the police, they often get, well... policed. In several states, organized groups that use police scanners and knowledge of checkpoints to collectively monitor police activities by legally and peacefully filming cops on duty have said they've experienced retaliation, including unjustified detainment and arrests as well as police intimidation.

Source

Documents included at this source - "Police Claim Cop Block, Peaceful Streets Project and Activists of America are an Imminent Threat"
See here

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
No one, or any organization, likes to have their dirty laundry hung for all to see. This will come to a head one day.. One more trumped up charge, one more killing/tasering/beating a defenseless handcuffed pedestrian then hopefully stuff may come to a head.. When, how, and where is the question ? Maybe when we get rid of the present group running things life will be more sane... I doubt it though..

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Most likely it will go on until something truly brutal happens to galvanize people. Let's say a Sandy Hook style thing but with a cop or cops as the perpetrators. They already attack pregnant women and children so it has to be something utterly beyond comprehension.
edit on 4-10-2014 by tavi45 because: improved a sentence to avoid misinterpretation

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
In the US, you have the right to make citizen's arrests.

If you see Police doing something wrong, then arrest them.

You may need a few people to do this, you may need to have you 2nd amendment equipment with you.

Cuff em using their own cuffs and then process them through the courts.

A few of these events and they will get the message.

Note also that you have laws that make it quite legal to shoot someone who is armed and threatening anothers life.

You will need lots of video to help you.

P

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

You may need a few people to do this, you may need to have you 2nd amendment equipment with you.

Note also that you have laws that make it quite legal to shoot someone who is armed and threatening anothers life.

P

Easier said than done......Aus has some pretty heavy anti terror laws itself......
I think it will keep getting worse all the time till push comes to shove.....

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Easier said than done......Aus has some pretty heavy anti terror laws itself...... I think it will keep getting worse all the time till push comes to shove.....

Yes, it is hard for us.

But I was referring to the US.

P

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Sorry, you can not put your hands on an officer without getting charged for assault.
Let alone stop him from doing what ever he is currently doing. Have you seen the videos of the very people this OP is about? You can't even record their actions with out some harassment and possible arrest.

Great way to get killed IMO, or at the very least beaten.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Yeah, no, that's not going to happen. Haven't you been paying attention these last few years? I know you don't live here but really, that's just asking to get killed on the spot, or worse.

One doesn't go around arresting pigs even if you have a armed posse. Not in a police state. Not in this Orwellian nightmare we are living in, no way no how.

Just wait, you'll see. Now that you guys have your very own "Patriot Act" you'll also get to experience the joys of living in a police state. That's what those laws are for, you know. To catch the terrorist under your bed, in your closet, next door, wherever those pesky terrorists are hiding they'll come for them. You may even be the terrorist and don't even know it yet!

Ahh, fun times.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Sorry, you can not put your hands on an officer without getting charged for assault.
Let alone stop him from doing what ever he is currently doing. Have you seen the videos of the very people this OP is about? You can't even record their actions with out some harassment and possible arrest.

Great way to get killed IMO, or at the very least beaten.

And as long as this attitude prevails it will continue.

No offense intended.

One day though, soon if I read things right, a protest against the Police State WILL happen.

And the police will pee their pants when thousand turn up with their AR15s loaded and ready for bear.

It has to happen ..... or ....... you live in a Police State.

Papers please ...... would you like lead with that!

P

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

It creates an "US" v. "THEM" mentality in the grand scheme; which isn't all that inaccurate. I do understand both sides of the story here though. A gaggle of people constantly videoing police officers can create an unnecessary situation that is harmful to all parties. On the other hand, we need to ensure our "justice" officers are discharging their duties in full faith.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
vigilantism is coming soon

and i will participate

a couple thousand "deathwish" types and the streets will be cleaned up fast

i hate comparing comics with life but "watchmen" comes to mind

it starts with one

then two

then four

then eight

then sixteen...

then streets will be ours soon

i can hope cant i?
edit on am1020143101America/ChicagoSat, 04 Oct 2014 01:41:27 -0500_10000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Your answer is to take the law into your own hands? I understand where you are coming from, but who made you judge, jury and executioner?

Vigilantism leads to utter chaos, with the strong weeding out the weak, regardless of intentions, motive or Justice.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

but who made you judge, jury and executioner?

The current one's suck!

We the people are the final authority

P

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

While I agree they do "suck", I would rather place my fate into the hands of a randomly, vetted, select group of my peers than to the whims of the mob.

It boils down to character and that is severely lacking in the States...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

No offense taken, I understand what you are saying. But I don't see what I am saying as being submissive, just picking my battles.

Have you not seen the videos and stories of people getting shot for much less then what you are speaking of?

The attitude that you are looking for is the people that say "Just cooperate and everything will go so much smoother"
The ones that say people bring it on themselves for not 'respecting authority'

What you say is correct, we should be able to do what you say, but the sad fact is we can't.
Unless one has a death wish.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy
id rather put my life in the hands of another citizen than the mob
err *cough* police

I would rather place my fate into the hands of a randomly, vetted, select group of my peers

if thats so then u have noo business complaining about the abuses of power ALREADY taking place

i take exception to them . it makes me sic

a random group of armed citizen on rotation with other random citizens patroling their OWN neighborhoods as a "policing" force would be FAR better than what we have now

where i can be

beaten
raped
tazed
arrested
shot
and killed

on the whims of a armed psychopath with a badge and a license to kill
these "people" get VACATIONS for MURDER
and u think they arnt

judge, jury and executioner..

already?
WELL WHO MADE THEM JUDGE,JURY, and EXECUTIONER???

i sure as hell didnt!

eta

It boils down to character and that is severely lacking in the States...

on our police force,yes

the average citizen of the u.s. is quite the good, if brainwashed, person
dont get out much do u?

well i live in my van and ive been helped more than i can say by random people
the ONLY "people' who have EVER harassed me were the police for NOTHING but SLEEPING !
im currently engaged in a fight with the Kemah police . they are harassing me for sleeping in the parking lot where i work
managers understand,coworkers understand,customers understand,the ihop waitresses understand
but the police?
hell no! they see my van and its on! FOR BEING NOTHING but a working homeless person !
understand that!
edit on am1020143103America/ChicagoSat, 04 Oct 2014 03:48:59 -0500_10u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Sorry wrong buttons - Mine is a general comment that in the UK we are not allowed to photo the police. The first day after this law was passed a large group of people went together and stood infront of Scotland Yard and all photographed the Police working in Scotrland Yard to show their disgust at this ludicrous law and that they would not be bound by it.

Only a corrupt government who had ordered the police to shake up the public, to frighten them into submission and acceptance of so many things that the government does against the public who pays for it.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

P

Bad, bad, bad, advice. Never use handcuffs in a citizen's arrest. In fact, you can only use the force necessary to retain the person. Best to always call police before attempting this, at any time.

Be prepared for a civil suit, possibly a legal one, if you are in error. But, never use any restraints, it's really a bad idea. Do some research on that.

m.wikihow.com...'s-Arrest

Always check the laws for your state before thinking about this.

edit on 4-10-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

hang on a second...so what this thread implies the police do not like being policed....omg shock horror.....they must have thought they would get free reign on abusing their rights as up holders of the law....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join