It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Departments Retaliate Against Organized "Cop Watch" Groups Across the US

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Please allow Me to preface this opinion by typing that I'm a medically retired cop from Ca. I've been retired for 10 years now. I wrote a proposal and got the funding/cameras to have our entire police force equipped w/cameras 15 yrs. ago but after doing all that work, getting the funding, the idea was vetoed due to "violating people's rights". Of course it would also eliminate any "tuning up" and it would make evidence collection way easier, court trial presentations easier, less wasted $$$ in cases going forward when the evidence didn't warrant it, etc..

It made too much "sense" and not enough "¢".

If You want to catch "them" be a little more stealth. Don't hold the phone 4' from the crime scene and if You do, at least turn the phone so the video fills the whole screen, I don't even have a cell and know that.
Get organized but don't advertise it as a "Cop Watch" organize it as a "Neighborhood Watch" (Keep Your friends close and enemies closer..)Be 'secretive' when filming. Many of these videos are shot while the person filming is encouraging the action, DON'T, because then it becomes "evidence" that 'may' be quashed later.

Sadly, 'many' got beat up in high school and now have a "vendetta" but rest assured there are "a few" at any dep't. that actually try and do a hard job that gets harder when idiots like these rise up. Because they had a vendetta to begin with, 'they' take offense when You question their methods. (guilty conscious?)

I hope to see every tentacle of this 'crappy beast' lopped off, and if I can help please don't hesitate.

•••Don't forget that Prison Industries™ is a $3B/yr. industry and "most" of the Urban male (read: Black/other..) that were incarcerated during the subsect of "The War on Drugs" (another boondoggle) "The Crack War", those males are just now being released after 20-25 year sentences while the sub-Urban male (read: White) has been off of Probation for quite some time. "They" need bodies to sew the prison garments, work in their factories and do the highway clean-up. Those Original Gangsters are now too old to run the press...

No need to yell "I'M FILMING YOU, YOU'RE GOING DOWN COPPER" just get the video to different press outlets ANONYMOUSLY

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Welcome to the age of Social Media, soon someone will start a money making Website and we will have COPERAZZI running around filming Cops like they do with Actors and other famous people,and the irony is that some CONCRETE LAWS have been defined SUPPORTING the rights of the Papperazzi and individuals,so this is not unstable ground.

Here come the Coperazzi , breaking no laws and making a few bucks like eveyone else in America.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Jim it would appear you got out about the same time some of my shooting buddies did.

This latest breed that has come on board makes you just shake your head sometimes.. I only have one friend who is still working and about ready to retire... He has a cushy job in an aviation detachment or he would have been gone long ago . He is not pleased with what is going on and the mind set of some of the new hires.. In his opinion it really has become a Us verses Them kinda mentality. A retired Detective friend of mine who I have played many a round of golf with seems to think it will get worse before something breaks.. and we both hate to see it happen.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

edit on 4-10-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

edit on 4-10-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing. That should very well be illustrated.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

but rest assured there are "a few" at any dep't. that actually try and do a hard job that gets harder when idiots like these rise up.

a reply to: 727Sky

He has a cushy job in an aviation detachment or he would have been gone long ago . He is not pleased with what is going on and the mind set of some of the new hires.

no offense but

YOUR FRIENDS ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!

there are no good cops when THEY WONT STAND UP FOR THOSE WRONGED!

and that mentality is sic

if those alleged "good" cops were actually good

then instead of towing that thin blue line

they would LEAP over it to see justice done

they wont though, that "cushy" job is to good or a friend who happens to be the "bad" cop doesnt really deserve it

or any number of bad excuses , and thats what they are , excuses!

you guys created the

latest breed that has come on board makes you just shake your head sometimes

by not policing your own when u were in uniform and not making it looked down upon to treat us ununiformed as cattle for tptb

now people are dead and the citizens are getting pissed.

and the bill is coming due. maybe faster than u ,or your friends may like

in closing

there are no good cops when bad cops are allowed to roam and terrorize at will
edit on am1020143109America/ChicagoSat, 04 Oct 2014 09:23:07 -0500_10u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

They live and operate comfortably among the people they oppress. When that isn't true anymore, things will change.
edit on 4-10-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: speling

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

I was not a Cop. I do not discriminate against those who are or were but judge them by the value of their character and the way they interact with me. I never went on patrols or had a bad dealing with any cop but my contacts have been mostly in social settings (golf) or fly-ins where airshows were done..

The is much truth in what you say about policing their own.. The problem comes when the Chief of police is the one who protects and backs the outrageous conduct of their officers. There have been to few videos of a police officer pulling another roid head off of someone before the pedestrian is seriously hurt or killed.. Usually it looks more like a shark feeding frenzy with 4 or 5 beating the crap out of someone.. However it is wrong to paint all cops as dirt bags just as it is wrong to paint all Muslims as someone who wants you head on a stick.

Actually that is not quite correct: I worked with Sky marshals on numerous flights for many years. After their briefing to me; "No known security threats" was finished I always told them that if they had to shoot don't aim at the cockpit.. it was a mutual respect kinda thing.. They had a miserable job.. the hours were long and many did not last that long in that capacity. They finally got better work rules because what they were being made to do day after day was worse than a junior pilot on reserve with inadequate staffing.

edit on 4-10-2014 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

No offense taken. That was kind of My point. "Reactive" vs. "Pro-Active" What many forget is that NOT everyBody deals w/the police on an everyday basis. NOT everybody needs to go to jail.

I didn't want to take too much space/time because I get "timed out", but prior to being a Ca. cop I was at the Federal level and only worked there for 3 years because "they" wanted Me to "play ball" by testifying for other 'like' folks, blowing the whistle on "whistleblowers"

Then I went the state level after watching a "L.A. Flush"; 4 clubs and 1 King. Instead of trying to change things from within, I'd probably just get on the inter web now and "Hope/Pray" things get better. I'm certain My REM sleep would suffer, so KNOWING at least I tried, I sleep like a rock.

Until the Police dep't. that serves that area is more representative of the community it serves it'll always be "Us v. Them"
Instead of waiting for their employers (Citizens) to call 'them' for a 'service', "most" are dragging up business, by being too "proactive". i.e. instead of allowing traffic to initiate traffic stops, patrol cops pull someone over and begin a "fishing expedition" and then because 'folks are folks' some take offense (see above) This brings in the k-9 who has been trained by "treats" "No find, No treats"...

Again, You have Your opinion and I take zero offense. I've had much worse YELLED in My face, to take offense over someone I'll never know/meet would be just shy of insane, You know if You like to compare...

Edit: Also a proud member of LEAP™ as I noticed LEAP™ is in BOLD.. I agree w/a large portion of what You typed but as was pointed out maybe too broad a stroke?

edit on 4-10-2014 by JimNasium because: addendum

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Shhh no drug talk

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
In the US, you have the right to make citizen's arrests.

If you see Police doing something wrong, then arrest them.

You may need a few people to do this, you may need to have you 2nd amendment equipment with you.

Cuff em using their own cuffs and then process them through the courts.

A few of these events and they will get the message.

Note also that you have laws that make it quite legal to shoot someone who is armed and threatening anothers life.

You will need lots of video to help you.

P

No! No! No! You will get yourself killed, if you follow this advice! Play nice in the Matrix. The nice Policeman is from the government and she is there to help.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Why would I have no business? Why is it with emotionally charged threads that it is an "us" v. "Them" with reason tossed out the window?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
In the US, you have the right to make citizen's arrests.

If you see Police doing something wrong, then arrest them.

You may need a few people to do this, you may need to have you 2nd amendment equipment with you.

Cuff em using their own cuffs and then process them through the courts.

A few of these events and they will get the message.

Note also that you have laws that make it quite legal to shoot someone who is armed and threatening anothers life.

You will need lots of video to help you.

P

Where are you going to incarcerate the offender, at the city jail? I can see it now, the group brings in the offending cop and all his coworkers draw their weapons yelling "Get Down!", "Get Down on the Ground!". They arrest everyone, let the cop go and file charges.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The police are really starting to get out of control in this country. Granted, there are some good cops still out there.
But there are a lot of bad ones as well. IMO, I think they almost envision themselves as an occupying army of sorts.
And in some parts of the country that may almost be true.... almost. Gone are the days of your friendly, helpful neighborhood beat cop or county deputy sheriff. These guys are militarized now. They see the everyday citizen as criminals or potential terrorists, and worse, treat them as such. You are guilty until proven innocent these days. At least in their eyes. Your constitutional rights mean absolutely nothing to some of these guys. Most of them are blatantly ignorant of your rights, and in a lot of cases, ignorant of the law itself. You've seen it time after time; on YouTube, TV, print media...etc. Day after day, new stories of police violating people's rights, brutalizing, raping, and yes even killing innocent folks.
Brings to mind the recent incident in S.Carolina, where the Highway Patrolman shot the motorist who was reaching for his driver license in broad daylight. They use the excuse "I was in fear for my life" This one is getting old, folks. If you are that skittish, and afraid, you have no business in law enforcement.
I think we need some changes in regard to law enforcement in this country. Here are some of the things I recommend:

1) Better training - this means learning common laws, and passing a test with a 90% or better.
2) In-depth psychological evaluations - ... No psychopaths / Sociopaths.
3) Courses on the US Constitution... same as above, 90% or better on test.
4) Sensitivity training - I'm not talking political correctness here. Just common courtesy / politeness.
5) Oversight - this may be the most important of all. The police cannot "police" the police. Internal Affairs don't cut it
folks. They are still cops. They protect each other. Which is almost as it should be. What we need are Civilian Review
Boards... for each County, State, Municipality... etc. Not just boards that make recommendations, ones whose
decisions are binding.
I feel that these would make a big difference in the way things are headed with the police in this country.
Oh, I almost forgot, I don't know what the minimum age is to become an LEO, but it should probably be 25.
The police force is no place for immaturity. Needs to be a little wisdom when lives are on the line. Civilian AND police lives. I don't want it to seem like I am anti-law enforcement, so to be fair, there is integrity, honor, dignity, compassion, and courageousness out there among the various agencies. I feel very confident that if I am in trouble, and need the police, dial 911... they will be there as fast as possible and will stand between me and the danger and will risk their own lives to save mine. Even the bad cops.
Just sayin.
Noro

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

well first ,

Why would I have no business?

because

While I agree they do "suck", I would rather place my fate into the hands of a randomly, vetted, select group of my peers than to the whims of the mob.

It boils down to character and that is severely lacking in the States...

the problem is u like the status quo

u define "mob" as the citizenry and not the organized crime lords that are the police(aka the true mafia in this country)
and u elude to the citizens lacking character

so u like how things are going...and seem to have no respect for citizens .so u have no business critiquing what u are ok with, like and want

now

Why is it with emotionally charged threads that it is an "us" v. "Them"

maybe because u define citizens taking their rights back as

the whims of the mob.

we , the united states citizenry ,didnt start this war
to quote a upstanding member of this community

Now that 217 Members of Congress have decided that all US Citizens shall be treated as enemy combatants, it makes sense to launch this new forum to discuss several matters of importance. They are:

1) The unconstitutional domestic surveillance of the NSA

2) The militarization of police in the United States and around the world

3) The rise of heavy-handed or disproportionately extreme police actions

4) Conspiracies surrounding the war on drugs in the United States

5) The US (and international) drug laws that impose disproportionate penalties

6) The incarceration society in the US and the overcrowded prisons and policies that keep them that way

guess who said that...

and guess what it means

thats why its "us" v"them"

they wanted this war not us

but WE WILL FINISH IT

just like our founders did if we have to

edit on pm1020143109America/ChicagoSat, 04 Oct 2014 21:32:02 -0500_10u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Where are you going to incarcerate the offender, at the city jail? I can see it now, the group brings in the offending cop and all his coworkers draw their weapons yelling "Get Down!", "Get Down on the Ground!". They arrest everyone, let the cop go and file charges.

Or .......

A big group of people walk in to the police station, AR15s at the ready and the Police go .............

Oh, Crap. Good morning citizens, how may we be of assistance today.

It is this .... or it is revolution ......

Revolutions are messy.

P

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

You have no idea about my stance other than what you are projecting based on what I have briefly wrote. Read through my history here...

Yes I define those that want to be vigelante s as mobs, but I define the People properly...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Look it up

law.jrank.org...

The term vigilante, of Spanish origin, means "watchman" or "guard." Its Latin root is vigil, for "awake" or "observant."

That's what we are.

Not your police definition

or this governments

pay especially attention to this

Campaigns were meant to halt destabilizing trends, shore up faltering structures, revive fading traditions, and buttress existing relationships.

Example destabilizing trends = police milliterization
Faltering structures =federal government
Fading traditions= friendly police, protect and serve
Buttress existing relationships= the bonds between free people
edit on pm1020143111America/ChicagoSat, 04 Oct 2014 23:12:23 -0500_10u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

Look it up

law.jrank.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">vigilantes

That's what we are.

Not your police definition

or this governments

Your link does not work. I am a Madisonite. I believe in the People and self government...but you cannot sell me poo n the notion that the people today are capable of Just goverence. Heck, they cant even vote out of office their representative they proclaim to despise.

So you want me to invest in absolute faith on a people that can't and have no desire of self goverence to take law into their own hands?

You so adamantly believe that I am for the status quo, which is patently false I cannot do anything but snicker at your assertions.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join